CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEEM!!!!

+18
Umph
HAMPTONSFNST
BeautifullyFree
naturallynola
predestined010
ChrsLvsBks
DreamMerchant
jeca
BrownSkinDiva
Carolina Natural
FreshNsweeT
Muz
70's BabyGirl
Beautifulyfe
SisterBoyd
dst2sentinel
rawrrxxjessie
Courtie
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NEEM!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: NEEM!!!!

Post by mizcreativelyme 23rd October 2010, 12:10 am

I am on a skin care journey (as well as natural hair..BC 01/10 - YAY) and I have struggled with acne for over 18 years.. Sad I am currently under the care of a dermatologist, but considering taking matters into my own hands and trying a more holistic/natural route to curtail side-effects, etc. I think that 2.5 months of meds that are not making a difference is enough for me. Needless to say, the acne has gotten worse than b/f I started. Does anyone have any b/f and after pics that Neem works well with clearing blemishes?

Last edited by hapilycurlee on 23rd October 2010, 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : BC date correction from 1/09 to 01/10)
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 12th November 2010, 4:44 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:
jeca wrote:Does anyone know if they sell it at whole foods or natural grocer?

I know I am super late seeing this, but in case you still don't have an answer to this question, they do carry it. I saw it today. There is some in a small bottle with a medicine dropper and there is also a neem cream. The liquid is about $12.00 and the cream $15.00. Oh my, the smell is something I don't know if I could get used to. I was wondering for the people who use the neem powder, is it an obnoxious odor also? Also, has anyone tried it for eczema. I have it on my legs and was thinking of mixing a concoction.

I have used the oil on my son's eczema and it helped to control the flare up. He is only 6 and he usually scratches raw & then his skin gets infected, but not with the neem. I try to mask the scent by following up with scented shea butter.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 12th November 2010, 4:47 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:For people using Neem. I am curious to know if the Neem powder is just as obnoxious smelling as the oil? Does anyone add another product to help mask the odor?

No, the neem powder smells like dirt and plants and it doesn't linger like the oil does.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysheba89 12th November 2010, 5:05 pm

I use rose water and glycerin to make my neem paste. Sometime lemon/lime or tea (or all of those) as well. When I use it consistently I see it clearing my skin beautifully, but I think I have a lot internal issues that contribute to my acne because my skin isn't fully clear...acne is not just about how you clean your skin, there's your oil regulation and and sensitivities to bacterial infection or foods and a heightened inflammatory response that all contribute to acne.
Lysheba89
Lysheba89

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 15th November 2010, 9:36 pm

I saw a girl on youtube called themoptopmaven & she uses this as well as other natural products I have been doing some of them & they have been working wonders on my skin Will not use any other over the counter products on my skin any more I love you
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2