CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foundation for oily skin

+4
HAMPTONSFNST
BrownSkinDiva
ChrsLvsBks
CiaE
8 posters

Go down

Foundation for oily skin Empty Foundation for oily skin

Post by CiaE 10th October 2010, 12:48 pm

I have very oily and acne prone skin... i have tried mineral makeup and its still oily.... any suggestions?
CiaE
CiaE

http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Foundation for oily skin Empty Re: Foundation for oily skin

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th October 2010, 5:25 pm

Try a primer. Some I have tried include Palladio, Mary Kay, L'Oreal Magic Perfecting base, Milk of Magnesia mixed with moisturizer or applied after moisturizer and Monistat chafing gel (found in feminine product aisles near yeast control products in drugstores). They definitely help control oil.You apply the primer after your moisturizer and before your foundation. It is best to let it set a few minutes before applying moisturizer.

As far as foundations, mineral and powders are best to absorb oil.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 12th October 2010, 7:38 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Try a primer. Some I have tried include Palladio, Mary Kay, L'Oreal Magic Perfecting base, Milk of Magnesia mixed with moisturizer or applied after moisturizer and Monistat chafing gel (found in feminine product aisles near yeast control products in drugstores). They definitely help control oil.You apply the primer after your moisturizer and before your foundation. It is best to let it set a few minutes before applying moisturizer.

As far as foundations, mineral and powders are best to absorb oil.
Thanks! Do u feel the MOM works best rather than the the primers?
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th October 2010, 4:34 pm

@CiaE, I am actually planning to test all the ones I have and record my results. I had worn them all with the plan to record how my face looked after time elapsed. I really want to do it so I do not waste my money on products that do not work.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 14th October 2010, 2:08 pm

Please keep me posted on the Milk of Magnesia results...Ive heard great things! I use the E.L.F. Mineral Primer and i like it. I have oily skin also and I find that Bare Minerals works okay for me, but at the end of the day my skin will get oily again, no matter what you use make sure to get something in a matte finish and for the foundation to not be oil based. Hope this helps!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 17th October 2010, 1:28 am

BrownSkinDiva wrote:Please keep me posted on the Milk of Magnesia results...Ive heard great things! I use the E.L.F. Mineral Primer and i like it. I have oily skin also and I find that Bare Minerals works okay for me, but at the end of the day my skin will get oily again, no matter what you use make sure to get something in a matte finish and for the foundation to not be oil based. Hope this helps!
I have alsways been iffy with elf but i may as well give it a try. it is cheap =)
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 17th October 2010, 9:31 am

The best moisturizer I've used for oily skin is Dr. Murad's mattifying lotion with SPF 15. It's pricey yet worth the results. I use to use Cosmedicine yet my dermatologist said it was too thick for my skin and discontinued using it.

As far as makeup I use Bare Minerals but the matte formula. If you're still interested in using primers, try Smashbox oil free primer. It absorbs any residual oil you may have after cleansing and moisturizing.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 17th October 2010, 12:46 pm

HAMPTONSFNST wrote:The best moisturizer I've used for oily skin is Dr. Murad's mattifying lotion with SPF 15. It's pricey yet worth the results. I use to use Cosmedicine yet my dermatologist said it was too thick for my skin and discontinued using it.

As far as makeup I use Bare Minerals but the matte formula. If you're still interested in using primers, try Smashbox oil free primer. It absorbs any residual oil you may have after cleansing and moisturizing.
Have you guys heard of B.L.A.C minerals for women of color?????
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 17th October 2010, 4:23 pm

@Cia: I haven't heard of that brand yet you want select a mineral makeup that has a variety of shades for women of color and thats what I like about Bare Minerals. Go to your local Sephora or even Bare Mineral store and try out the diffferent shades that closest to your skintone. Be sure to compare colors in natural light so go outside after you apply.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by kelleemudiva 24th October 2010, 6:02 pm

I find that the best foundation for oily, acne prone skin is mineral based. I reccomend bare minerals matte, pur minerals or cover fx mineral powder. Mineral powder is made without the harsh chemicals and oil that can tend to breakout oily skin. Primers that have an oil absorbing feature, like smashbox photofinish light will not only help absorb oil but will also help your makeup stay put longer. If you still have oil breakthrough, try a mattifer or oil blotting sheets to remove the oil without disturbing your makeup. Please remember that you must remove your makeup before bed at night. Any makeup worn overnight can cause breakouts.

Hope this helps Very Happy
kelleemudiva
kelleemudiva

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 25th October 2010, 9:29 pm

kelleemudiva wrote:I find that the best foundation for oily, acne prone skin is mineral based. I reccomend bare minerals matte, pur minerals or cover fx mineral powder. Mineral powder is made without the harsh chemicals and oil that can tend to breakout oily skin. Primers that have an oil absorbing feature, like smashbox photofinish light will not only help absorb oil but will also help your makeup stay put longer. If you still have oil breakthrough, try a mattifer or oil blotting sheets to remove the oil without disturbing your makeup. Please remember that you must remove your makeup before bed at night. Any makeup worn overnight can cause breakouts.

Hope this helps Very Happy
Thank You!!! And I love the oil blotting sheets but when im feeling cheap i use toilet seat covers or end wraps... they work the same tehehe Razz
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by kelleemudiva 25th October 2010, 11:07 pm

I never thought of end papers, thanks I'll have to use that. You might want to add an oil absorbing mask to your regimen. A cheap but effective mask is Queene Helene Mint Juliep Mask for about $3. I've found that it helps for my skin.
kelleemudiva
kelleemudiva

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 27th October 2010, 9:50 am

kelleemudiva wrote:I never thought of end papers, thanks I'll have to use that. You might want to add an oil absorbing mask to your regimen. A cheap but effective mask is Queene Helene Mint Juliep Mask for about $3. I've found that it helps for my skin.
i use a benotine for an oil absorbing mask along with the OCM would that be ok. and I most say since ive changed my mix since this beginning post my skin has been better =)
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 28th October 2010, 5:29 pm

CiaE wrote:
kelleemudiva wrote:I never thought of end papers, thanks I'll have to use that. You might want to add an oil absorbing mask to your regimen. A cheap but effective mask is Queene Helene Mint Juliep Mask for about $3. I've found that it helps for my skin.
i use a benotine for an oil absorbing mask along with the OCM would that be ok. and I most say since ive changed my mix since this beginning post my skin has been better =)

Glad to hear that you skin is better. I would like to know what mix you're using for OCM? I have used bentonite clay mask, but not consistently to see results. Got frustrated and went to the derm, prescribed an Rx and made skin worse. Now I am back to [] 1. Need a good regime.
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by boycemory 5th November 2010, 1:08 am

The best moisturiser I am used for oily skin, The lotio I am using that with SPF 15 It is expensive but worth the outcome. Some time I like to use use Cosmedicine still my dermatologist said it was too thick for my skin and left to use.

boycemory

Back to top Go down

Post by cocomizu 8th November 2010, 7:38 pm

The best commercial foundation I have used is Origins.
I don't know why but it is the best for me (sensitive/ blemish prone in T-zone skin).
I tried mineral make-ups for years and years. Even though I liked the way they looked they made my skin terrible! Something about the fine particles (even formulas without mica) irritated my skin, made my pores look HUGE, and caused blackheads. As soon as I stopped using them my skin took leaps and bounds for the better.

I use a gentle scrub daily with kaolin clay, activated charcoal, and a few essential oils like lemongrass to keep the oils in check without overdrying and that works well for me.

cocomizu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down