CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!!

+8
lena73
boingboing
beautifuleyez
curlykinks
ChrsLvsBks
nmoultry
SheeTacular
miznissi
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!!

Post by beautifuleyez 26th November 2009, 6:59 pm

miznissi wrote:Thanks ladies.

I had always wanted to see what my natural hair looked like. I got my first relaxer in the 6th or 7th grade. It was too big and I had just started doing my own hair. Had no idea how to handle it. So my mom let me relax it. The whole time I was relaxed, my hair NEVER did what I wanted it to do. Most likely because I didn't want to pay someone to do what I felt that I could do. From my early teens on, I had chosen my hair idol.

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 Aaliya10

My goodness I wanted her hair so badly. But even though I could sometimes get it as straight and shiny and flowy as hers, sometimes, it never grew to that length.

Fast forward some years. I went without a relaxer for a year or just under 3 times before this final time. It always got to the point that I got frustrated and would just relax it. This picture shows the day after one of my year long relaxer free hair sessions.

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 1stPhotoshoot21-vi

I relaxed it but couldn't get it straight. It took a few relaxers to straighten like I had had it before. I guess my hair was fighting hard to try and stay natural....lol

Anywho. I had always said that if I ever had a daughter I would want her to remain relaxer free. I figured the only way that I could do that successfully is if I was relaxer free. So when I got pregnant in 2007, I was of course hoping for a girl since I already had my boy. So of course, I proceeded to begin my transition into natural hairdom. Thankfully, I didn't have to work so I didn't have to go out with my frustrating ponytails because I had NO IDEA what to do with my hair. On top of that, I was sick for at least 2 months of that pregnancy. So I was going through hair hell.

Once I found out that I was having a boy, I figured that there was no need to continue to go through what I was going through with my hair. Not to mention that I had just cut my hair for the very first time in my
life into a bob and to get the full effect, I needed to relax.
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 L_cfb512a039dce26e2ed805c9e765259f
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 L_4b92f3d4d0af89986aba9a5c858c64d5

I relaxed and felt sooooo much better, except for the fact that deep down I REALLY wanted to be natural and just not for my daughter, if she ever came. Weeeeell, when that little boy was 4 months old, I found out I was 2 months preggo. Yippy! miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 Icon_razz Yea, it was somewhat of a surprise and of course I decided to continue my "go natural for a girl" campaign.

I forgot to mention that I had this girlfriend that had gone natural. She never, ever wears her hair curly. I went with her once to get her hair flat ironed. I was in AWE of how bone straight and full of body her hair was. That was my new motivation. I wanted to find a stylist in MY city that could do what her stylist did to her hair.

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 2m4y3yd

So to bring the story to a close. I found out I was going to have a girl. I was going to go natural and find a stylist to do my hair like my friend up there. And all would be well. The first few months of transitioning was hard. I made it through. MY hair started to grow. I fell in love with my curls. A year and a half later, I did the BC, which was 3 weeks ago. And now, I have absolutely NO desire to straighten my hair. I can finally call it MY HAIR. It is the hair intended for me and I couldn't be happier.

It's funny what can motivate us to go back to our roots! When I first decided to go natural....well, actually it wasn't to go completely natural. I wanted to try some chemical process that Debbie Allen was reppin' late one night on BET. To save my life, I cannot even remember what it was called, I just remember that you couldn't have a relaxer in your hair to get it, and it gave you the versatility to go from curly to straight hair. I was like "WOW, what a great idea!" And then decided that I needed to grow out my relaxer. But as it goes, I wasn't successful that first time either and it took 3 times before I BC'd and was relaxer free! By that time, I had grown to love and appreciate my natural hair and didn't even think about putting any other chems in my hair except hair color, which I have recently decided to replace with henna in order to be 100% chem free!

Anyway, your hair looks really great! Congrats on your BC! What products are you using! Your hair looks so shiny and healthy! Just FABULOUS!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Blessings!

Last edited by beautifuleyez on 26th November 2009, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!!

Post by miznissi 26th November 2009, 7:58 pm

OMG....I remember that stuff. I wanted it, too. I later heard that it took a lot of people's hair out.

Thanks. Right now all I use is Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner.
I co-wash with Suave sometimes and sometimes my TRESemme conditioner.

And Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well!
miznissi
miznissi

https://www.youtube.com/user/miznissi

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 26th November 2009, 8:35 pm

Well, it's definitely working for you lol!
Keep up the good work!
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 27th November 2009, 5:50 am

beautifuleyez wrote:
miznissi wrote:Thanks ladies.

I had always wanted to see what my natural hair looked like. I got my first relaxer in the 6th or 7th grade. It was too big and I had just started doing my own hair. Had no idea how to handle it. So my mom let me relax it. The whole time I was relaxed, my hair NEVER did what I wanted it to do. Most likely because I didn't want to pay someone to do what I felt that I could do. From my early teens on, I had chosen my hair idol.

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 Aaliya10

My goodness I wanted her hair so badly. But even though I could sometimes get it as straight and shiny and flowy as hers, sometimes, it never grew to that length.

Fast forward some years. I went without a relaxer for a year or just under 3 times before this final time. It always got to the point that I got frustrated and would just relax it. This picture shows the day after one of my year long relaxer free hair sessions.

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 1stPhotoshoot21-vi

I relaxed it but couldn't get it straight. It took a few relaxers to straighten like I had had it before. I guess my hair was fighting hard to try and stay natural....lol

Anywho. I had always said that if I ever had a daughter I would want her to remain relaxer free. I figured the only way that I could do that successfully is if I was relaxer free. So when I got pregnant in 2007, I was of course hoping for a girl since I already had my boy. So of course, I proceeded to begin my transition into natural hairdom. Thankfully, I didn't have to work so I didn't have to go out with my frustrating ponytails because I had NO IDEA what to do with my hair. On top of that, I was sick for at least 2 months of that pregnancy. So I was going through hair hell.

Once I found out that I was having a boy, I figured that there was no need to continue to go through what I was going through with my hair. Not to mention that I had just cut my hair for the very first time in my
life into a bob and to get the full effect, I needed to relax.
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 L_cfb512a039dce26e2ed805c9e765259f
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 L_4b92f3d4d0af89986aba9a5c858c64d5

I relaxed and felt sooooo much better, except for the fact that deep down I REALLY wanted to be natural and just not for my daughter, if she ever came. Weeeeell, when that little boy was 4 months old, I found out I was 2 months preggo. Yippy! miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 Icon_razz Yea, it was somewhat of a surprise and of course I decided to continue my "go natural for a girl" campaign.

I forgot to mention that I had this girlfriend that had gone natural. She never, ever wears her hair curly. I went with her once to get her hair flat ironed. I was in AWE of how bone straight and full of body her hair was. That was my new motivation. I wanted to find a stylist in MY city that could do what her stylist did to her hair.

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 2m4y3yd

So to bring the story to a close. I found out I was going to have a girl. I was going to go natural and find a stylist to do my hair like my friend up there. And all would be well. The first few months of transitioning was hard. I made it through. MY hair started to grow. I fell in love with my curls. A year and a half later, I did the BC, which was 3 weeks ago. And now, I have absolutely NO desire to straighten my hair. I can finally call it MY HAIR. It is the hair intended for me and I couldn't be happier.

It's funny what can motivate us to go back to our roots! When I first decided to go natural....well, actually it wasn't to go completely natural. I wanted to try some chemical process that Debbie Allen was reppin' late one night on BET. To save my life, I cannot even remember what it was called, I just remember that you couldn't have a relaxer in your hair to get it, and it gave you the versatility to go from curly to straight hair. I was like "WOW, what a great idea!" And then decided that I needed to grow out my relaxer. But as it goes, I wasn't successful that first time either and it took 3 times before I BC'd and was relaxer free! By that time, I had grown to love and appreciate my natural hair and didn't even think about putting any other chems in my hair except hair color, which I have recently decided to replace with henna in order to be 100% chem free!

Anyway, your hair looks really great! Congrats on your BC! What products are you using! Your hair looks so shiny and healthy! Just FABULOUS!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Blessings!

Yes...Copa!!! My mom is a product junkie and she ordered and of course I tried it!!! Flop!!! It did not work!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 27th November 2009, 8:19 am

BEAUTIFUL STORY!!!

thanks for sharing miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by miznissi 27th November 2009, 5:43 pm

Thanks, ladies! miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 678474
miznissi
miznissi

Back to top Go down

Post by miznissi 8th December 2009, 2:27 am

Ok. I'm having trouble with styling my hair. I see so many different styles but can't figure out HOW to do them. I guess this will be my next task. Figure out how everyone else styles their hair. Wish me luck (and you can send ideas, lol)!
miznissi
miznissi

Back to top Go down

Post by miznissi 19th January 2010, 2:33 am

Ok, I've seen some growth and I'm really excited. The fro has grown some and I'm JUST starting to experiment with styles. lol

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01242201001021734-vi
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01239201001021729-vi

THIS TWIST

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01340201001112315-vi
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01341201001112315-vi
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01338201001112314-vi

TURNED INTO THIS

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01372201001132002-vi
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01367201001132002-vi
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01366201001132001-vi

IT WAS REALLY HARD TO GET A GOOD CLEAR PIC!!!

AND MY PUFF HAS GROWN SOME.

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01214200912272246-vi
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01209200912272245-vi

I LOVE WHEN IT'S MESSY FOR SOME REASON, lol.
miznissi
miznissi

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th January 2010, 1:06 pm

Your hair is looking good. miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 Icon_cheers for messy puff.

As far as style ideas, what about a bantu knot out and flat two strand twists.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 19th January 2010, 1:52 pm

miznissi wrote:Ok, I've seen some growth and I'm really excited. The fro has grown some and I'm JUST starting to experiment with styles. lol

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01242201001021734-vi
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01239201001021729-vi

THIS TWIST

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01340201001112315-vi
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01341201001112315-vi
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01338201001112314-vi

TURNED INTO THIS

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01372201001132002-vi
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01367201001132002-vi
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01366201001132001-vi

IT WAS REALLY HARD TO GET A GOOD CLEAR PIC!!!

AND MY PUFF HAS GROWN SOME.

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01214200912272246-vi
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 IMG01209200912272245-vi

I LOVE WHEN IT'S MESSY FOR SOME REASON, lol.
\

Your hair is beautiful and so is your little girl! I'm loving the puff!!! I can't wait to get some length on my head so that I can finally get a puff worth mentioning. I'm so jelly! miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 Lol

~Savannah
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th January 2010, 4:16 pm

great update, your hair looks good!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by miznissi 20th January 2010, 12:12 am

Thanks for the compliments and suggestions, ladies! miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

I untwisted the twists.
By the time I took the pics, it was frizzy.
It's hard for me to remember to take pics sometimes.

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 19132_297452493501_541318501_4806438_2109696_n
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 19132_297467658501_541318501_4806533_1381668_n
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 19132_297468508501_541318501_4806536_5411149_n
miznissi
miznissi

Back to top Go down

Post by miznissi 21st January 2010, 12:58 am

I need to figure out a concoction of leave in conditioner. I want to create my own mixture. And I want it all natural. Guess I should look around to see if anyone has something I could build off of.
miznissi
miznissi

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 22nd January 2010, 2:40 pm

miznissi wrote:Thanks for the compliments and suggestions, ladies! miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

I untwisted the twists.
By the time I took the pics, it was frizzy.
It's hard for me to remember to take pics sometimes.

miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 19132_297452493501_541318501_4806438_2109696_n
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 19132_297467658501_541318501_4806533_1381668_n
miznissi is naturally obsessed and loving it!!!! - Page 2 19132_297468508501_541318501_4806536_5411149_n

Your hair looks great! I always forget to take pictures too!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2