CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we obsessed?

+27
chynadoll8799
priceless
pie
Renny
Ms.Mai
raina
fanmnatirel
sonance
Neems
Thetruthisoutthere
Curly Film Chick
cyclingchick
shortnsweet
Tinkie
C.
natural813
mverde3
rayray19
ladygogohot
Free2BMe :)
poeticlyspkng
Laceebia
makeupvixen
abovealltherest
Naturally Esq
BajanPrincess82
summerbreeze76
31 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are we obsessed? Empty Are we obsessed?

Post by summerbreeze76 20th September 2010, 2:16 pm

I often wonder am I obsessed with my hair. Sometimes i get the impression that that is what others think. I know at times my Hubby will look at me with the side eye because I am working on my hair all day or on hairsites all weekend and my daughter has told me, "Mommy, i think you are taking this too far." LOLn Also when I talk to friends, who mainly have relaxers they have a little smirk on their faces. Inside i am thinking, "u just wait until a year or two from now when my hair has grown greated than it ever has and looks healthier than ever, what will you be smirking about then?" LOL

I just wonder what makes us so excited when i know for sure i did not used to be this excited about hair. Going to CVS or Target is like a Field Trip for me now. I get excited cuz i know i am going to be going down the hair aisles.

Just curious, am i the only one who feels like this at times?
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Are we obsessed? Empty Re: Are we obsessed?

Post by BajanPrincess82 20th September 2010, 2:31 pm

My husband thinks I'm obsessed. Whenever I'm on the computer he assumes I'm on a hair site (and he's usually right) and whenever we're in a store he knows I have to at least browse the haircare aisles. BUT, I don't think I'm obsessed with my hair. I just want to keep it healthy and grow it long, and in order to do that I need to take better care of it than I have in the past. Also, if my hair was broken off and busted, I'm sure my husband would WANT me to be obsessed!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 20th September 2010, 2:40 pm

Yes, I am obsessed and proud of it, because I am in love with my natural curls.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by abovealltherest 20th September 2010, 2:55 pm

Yes, I am obsessed and I am ok with that Lol. I feel the same way about my friends smirking about my hair. In about a year or two and my curls are long and luscious I will be the one laughing Razz
abovealltherest
abovealltherest

http://www.fotki.com/abovealltherest

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 20th September 2010, 3:27 pm

Not that I'm obsessed I'm on a MISSION, lol. I want healthy long and strong hair, that's my mission and I'm not letting anyone get in my way, lol. By any means necessary I will have BSL hair in 2011 and longer in 2012. I'm on my own Mission and will step on every hater in my way, lol
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Laceebia 20th September 2010, 4:06 pm

I think I'm a little obsessed! I big chopped August 29,2010, after about 5 months of transitioning. My hair has become my new"project". My kids, ages 14 and 16, say that all I want to talk about now is my hair.LOL
Laceebia
Laceebia

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 20th September 2010, 4:50 pm

LOL @ new excitement for shopping at Target et al. Now I've always been excited to go to Target but I must admit that getting to look at hair stuff enhances the experience just as crying children detract from it. Wink I'm obsessed and I admit it. If they had a card, I would carry it. LOL
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2BMe :) 20th September 2010, 4:56 pm

Just last night my uncle came over and I was in the shower so I didn't even hear him come in. And I shampooed my hair(I have senegalese twists) so my hair was wet. I came out the room and my uncle said "Oh were you studying" then I said "No I was in the bathroom". So my dad said "She is always doing her hair...alwaysss" Even though I was just taking a shower Neutral
But for some reason I was a little embarassed.

They better get used to me doing my hair all the time becuase once these twists come out...

http://xoxo-chichi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 20th September 2010, 5:08 pm

The funny thing is just this weekend i took braids out that i had in for ONE WEEK because i wanted to see if my hair grew....SO SAD and i waS trying to go for two months...NOT HAPPENING Laughing

my hair was driving me crazy and i was not feeling it, so i made a promise to myself that i will not become obsessed with my hair because i am driving myself crazy, so i tried all day not go to any hair website...guess what No FAILED here i am, so now i don't feel so bad because it it not only me lol!
ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 20th September 2010, 6:05 pm

i am definitely hair obsessed..im a college student and while im in the library i notice a lot of other people have facebook as a sidebar while working (its a bad habit) while i got like 5 different hair sites on my sidebar lol

I'm always talking about my hair and hair products my roommates say i spend more time on my itch of hair then they do on their head full of relaxed hair..it doesn't bother me tho cause in about 6 or so months im going to have a head full of curls and they will understand y i take such good care of it

oh yea and target also excites me!! I looooove headbands and target has sooo many cute ones..as a matter of fact i think im going now to see what they go lol
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by mverde3 20th September 2010, 6:28 pm

YESS!!! Smile Smile lol

While my college friends check facebook, I check curlynikki. I love learning more each and everyday about my hair and taking care of it the right way. I'll be as obsessed a year/5 years/a decade as I am now.
mverde3
mverde3

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 20th September 2010, 7:15 pm

My family and my boyfriend think am obsessed which I would not lie and say I'm not. I just love learning new things about the hair that is on my head. I can't help but love my hair so much Smile
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 20th September 2010, 7:58 pm

rayray19 wrote:i am definitely hair obsessed..im a college student and while im in the library i notice a lot of other people have facebook as a sidebar while working (its a bad habit) while i got like 5 different hair sites on my sidebar lol

I'm always talking about my hair and hair products my roommates say i spend more time on my itch of hair then they do on their head full of relaxed hair..it doesn't bother me tho cause in about 6 or so months im going to have a head full of curls and they will understand y i take such good care of it

oh yea and target also excites me!! I looooove headbands and target has sooo many cute ones..as a matter of fact i think im going now to see what they go lol

LOL at you going to target
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 20th September 2010, 7:58 pm

LOL at all of us
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 20th September 2010, 10:44 pm

Yea, Im obsessed and the worst part is I just realized it. My mom and all my family say that I'm always doing my hair, always twisting and untwisting and retwisting, lol but I can help it. I have this new found appreciation for my hair and I wanna take care of it and see what all it can do.

The only downside for me is that my hair doesnt seem to be growing as fast/retaining length like it used to. While I have not noticed any significant breaking I still believe weekly twisting sessions is too much manipulation. So for now I'm just gonna show my love by doing really cute protective styles for at least 2 wks/style. Very Happy

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkie 20th September 2010, 11:39 pm

I use to be hair obsessed lol . I always purchase the products every rave about (everything had to be "organic" lol) , stalk hair sites , Watch Youtube videos alottt..

lol but one day i went to visit a family member whos natural and she had gorgusss BSL natural curls&coils ...and i asked her whats her secret..products!!..regimen!! answers!! lol and to my suprise she only used cheapies since being natural and simple regimen (no secret).

Now im not really obessed because I know my hair will grow with patience, not the product everyone raves about.

Cool
Tinkie
Tinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 21st September 2010, 12:46 am

i find myself looking for newest and best product for my hair. my goal is to find my staple products that allow me to have healthy hair. if that means im OBSESSED so be it!
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/tamara.e.gulley

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 21st September 2010, 1:01 am

Definitely obsessed...the world of natural hair appeals to my note taking/list making Virgo side. Laughing
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 21st September 2010, 11:43 am

I love browsing hair blogs/forums so maybe that makes me obsessed too. But it's really no different then my bf checking the scores to the Mets game every five seconds or talking about baseball LOL. I just think people see it as an obsession because they don't get it. Just like I don't get what's up with pre-teens and younger buying those "sillybands" for 5 bucks a pack when they're just rubberbands...

Hair obsessed naturals, rock on! Very Happy
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetruthisoutthere 21st September 2010, 3:40 pm

Yes - I'll be that.

I used to wash/wrap my relaxed hair and let it air dry overnight. I'd bump it quickly in the am and jet off to work.

That's all changed now with my natural hair.

Sometimes it won't air dry overnight.

I certainly won't beat it into submission with heat anymore.

No wrap lotions will help in detangling it.

YES - I am OBSESSED - with finding methods to quickly style my hair and keep me looking well groomed without sacrificing my hair's healthy progress.
Thetruthisoutthere
Thetruthisoutthere

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 21st September 2010, 3:55 pm

I'm not obsessed, I like being informed. My mother is convinced that all I do is browse natural hair sites. Maybe I browse all the time, but my hair has never looked and felt healthier so I have no plans on changing my ways.

Hi my name is Neems and I'm obssessed with healthy hair. Very Happy
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sonance 21st September 2010, 4:02 pm

I guess I could say I'm obsessed also. I LOVE being natural. I LOVE seeing what my real hair looks and feels like. I touching it, looking at it, and loving it daily. Yea, I have some bad hair days but I just put on a headband and KEEP IT MOVING!

You are not alone!!
sonance
sonance

http://www.seriouslynatural.org

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 21st September 2010, 4:18 pm

I think I am. Just this weekend I was trying to come up with a way to limit my hair blog visits Smile
I have kinky twists in right now so that's helping with my PJ for sure plus I only paid 60$ for...

Idk- I'm a lil bothered by my obsession... Lol.
So I'll keep thinking about a way To literally get over it...but for now I get a big far F!!! Lol. I'm here...

O well...
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 21st September 2010, 7:55 pm

Yes I have to say that I am! One time I was mixing up my henna and my son came in the kitchen and he started to get excited(he thought i was making brownies) HE SAID i SHOULD HAVE KNOWN! LOL
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Mai 21st September 2010, 8:15 pm

In the beginning, ok its still in the beginning, I used to be really obsessed! I would stay up all night long and watch youtube vids and read blogs, and be on hair websites. I really started to notice it when my mom would roll her eyes at me and say, "your washing your hair again, your on youtube again, etc" Now though I kinda calmed down about it.
Ms.Mai
Ms.Mai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next