CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna, Frizz, and Low Porosity Hair

2 posters

Go down

Henna, Frizz, and Low Porosity Hair Empty Henna, Frizz, and Low Porosity Hair

Post by Electrum 2nd October 2010, 5:23 pm

Hi everyone! I recently big chopped a month and a week ago; I've spent quite a bit on natural hair products lately, and no matter what deep conditioning treatments, and other products the frizzy halo on top of my hair will not go away. After some research I've begun to consider henna.
I'm really tired of the frizz, but I also have some of the normal issues with moisture retention. Because my hair is low porosity I can't use cold water rinses, or ACV rinses because they close my cuticle further and my hair won't retain moisture. Pretty much, I feel like I have to choose between soft but frizzy undefined hair, or defined but dry hair.
How did henna influence your porosity? Do you think that henna would be an appropriate solution to finding the balance between both definition and moisture??
Electrum
Electrum

Back to top Go down

Henna, Frizz, and Low Porosity Hair Empty Re: Henna, Frizz, and Low Porosity Hair

Post by BigLipTiff 3rd October 2010, 8:44 pm

Deciding to henna has been great for me when it comes to frizz! I'm sure you know that what's great for one isn't always great for the other. I'm transitioning so I cant really answer your question about definition.

I personally haven't seen a need for it myself, but I've heard the steamers help wonderfully with opening the pores in your cuticles. HTH
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down