CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Henna change my hair??

3 posters

Go down

Did Henna change my hair?? Empty Did Henna change my hair??

Post by milyfe7 30th September 2010, 3:24 pm

I've been natural for about 8 months now and I'm honestly frustrated. I loved my hair when I first chopped it off. The texture was soft (for the most part) and it seemed to be well moisturized. Well, I decided to put in a henna treatment in the spring and I think I did something wrong. My hair was very hard upon washing it out and frizzed up horribly. I constantly washed and conditioned it and it got a little better, but my hair is not the same as it was. I have since seen many posts and videos on henna and I realized I should have mixed it with other products (oils, etc.), but I didn't. Now my hair is very dry in some places, and somewhat hard and it looks different and doesn't really grow much. confused

Is there a way to "revive" my hair and get it back to the way it was?

Any product suggestions?? It seems like I have tried everything under the sun, but nothing makes me really say "I love this product!" I have tried KC, shea, coconut, Beautiful Curls, Herbal Essence, Eco Styler with Olive Oil...you name, I've tried it. scratch HELP!!!

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

P.S. I think I was like a 4a/3b/c mix BEFORE all of this.

milyfe7

Back to top Go down

Did Henna change my hair?? Empty Re: Did Henna change my hair??

Post by Allu242 30th September 2010, 4:12 pm

Hi, I am about to Henna my hair. I know people always say each hair texture is different and you have to work and learning your hair and finding the right products for your hair type. I do agree with that theory. Seeing that you say you have tried everything you can possible think of.... just a wild suggestion, How about going for another BC. Starting fresh.

How long did you have the henna in your hair for - if you haven't done so as yet - give your hair a DC using my hair growth deep conditioner recipe -

Ingredients: 3-4 drops peppermint oil, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1 egg. Directions: Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Massage mixture into hair and scalp. Wrap hair in a hot towel or cover with shower cap for 15 minutes. Shampoo & rinse out.

Now for a super misturizing shampoo recipe: 1/2 cup of spring water, 1/2 cup of castile liquid soap, 1 tbs coconut oil, 1 tbs hempseed oil, 2 teaspoon avocado oil, 8 drops ylang ylang essential oil, 8 drops clary sage essential oil.

Direction: Mix together all the ingredients. store in a bottle. use as you would any shampoo, rinse well.

Please let me know how it go...

Allu242

Back to top Go down

Post by CurliciousDiva 7th October 2010, 2:24 pm

Milyfe7 to overcome this you have to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize your hair. I am 18 months post BC combo of 4a/b hair, when i did my first henna treatment i mixed with conditioner, water, jojoba oil and olive oil. I got the same results that you did. But I tried again, only beacuse I bought a lot; but the second time and from then on I used coconut milk and jojoba oil and I got healthier, stronger hair and more curl definition. I only leave the henna in my hair for 3-4 hours max.

It will take a whille to find out what works for you to get your hair where you want it. What I am using now is getting me there.

Be patient!

What I use for moisture:
Shampoo: Dr. Bronners Castile Soap(1st wash) then Shea Moisture Brillant Curl
Conditioner: Herbal Essence Hello Hydration
Deep Conditioner: Homemade Caramel Treatment (once a month)
Leave In- Just Natural Leave In (www.justnaturalskincare.com) and Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie.
Oils- Jojoba and coconut oil.
I use all natural leave-in's to ensure my hair is being moisturized and not just coated. I rub jojoba oil thru my hair about 3 times a week.

Hope this helps Smile

afro
CurliciousDiva
CurliciousDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by milyfe7 11th October 2010, 12:20 pm

Thank you both! These are great suggestions. I'm going to maybe try again, using a different recipe for the henna.

@ Curlicious diva-what ingredients are in the homeade caramel treatment?

milyfe7

Back to top Go down

Post by CurliciousDiva 12th October 2010, 4:12 pm

http://growblackhair.net/blog/the-caramel-treatment-video

Here is the link to the recipe. She also has a YouTube video that instructs you on how to make it.

afro
CurliciousDiva
CurliciousDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down