CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how long do you leave your deep condtioner in?

+11
fanmnatirel
Madeaj
psbest
Naturally Esq
BajanPrincess82
rayray19
Lynnieluve
deeply_rooted_chick
makeupvixen
thetiffany
15 posters

Go down

how long do you leave your deep condtioner in? Empty how long do you leave your deep condtioner in?

Post by thetiffany 26th September 2010, 12:17 am

today i decided to DC my hair since i havent done it in about a month! I used the giovanni deep conditioner and put it my hair while in the shower in four sections, detangled and then went on to style. i wanted to try a bun i seen b glamazini, so my thinking was to leave the leave-in while i styled and wear my style for the day then wash it out at night. well, this thinking was based on me thinking that i wouldnt like the bun.... lol just my luck the style turned out great and i dont feel like washing my hair.

i kmow i read some keep leave in on overnight and such. i am wondering how much harm will be done if i leave my leave in for a few days.....?????

oh heres a pic of the bun im not yet ready to part with Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
From Hair
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

how long do you leave your deep condtioner in? Empty Re: how long do you leave your deep condtioner in?

Post by ... 26th September 2010, 12:26 am

As long as my overwhelming impatience will allow. Trying to make it to an hour usually kills me.

A few days may be too much if you have fine hair or hair that's prone to over-moisturization, but if you think your hair can handle it or needs it, go for it.

Back to top Go down

how long do you leave your deep condtioner in? Empty Re: how long do you leave your deep condtioner in?

Post by makeupvixen 26th September 2010, 1:10 am

It depends for me. I like to put on a plastic cap and go to sleep with my KBB Luscious Locs of Shescentit Banana Brulee. Others that aren't so natural I wash out after about 20 minutes.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 26th September 2010, 3:44 am

an hour
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th September 2010, 10:03 am

20 minutes with heat
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 26th September 2010, 11:22 am

30 mins with heat and 30 min without heat
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 26th September 2010, 11:27 am

About 2 hrs.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 26th September 2010, 2:21 pm

20 to 30 minutes with heat
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by psbest 26th September 2010, 2:38 pm

- I'm deep conitioning my hair now. I am going to leave it on for 1 hour or 1 hour and 30 if I don't fall asleep. I can't wait!!
psbest
psbest

https://www.facebook.com/psbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 26th September 2010, 3:08 pm

It depends on the ingredients of your deep conditioner. Some just aren't meant to be left on the hair for long. Some ingredients even in a natural conditioner are corrosive in the long term. Personally I rinse off deep conditioner and use a good leave in or something like Aussie Moist or Yes to Cucumbers after deep conditioning.

salts - salt can be a natural ingredient, used to thicken a product. It also provides softening for hair and skin. But left on a long time it can be corrosive, it is meant to be rinsed off.

Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 26th September 2010, 3:14 pm

30 minutes (10 of them with heat)...i hate the dryer...lol
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by chynadoll8799 26th September 2010, 3:55 pm

about an hour

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2BMe :) 26th September 2010, 3:56 pm

I was reading on http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/ that sometimes it doesn't matter if you leave it on longer than the recommended time, you may still get the same effect.
So I leave mine on for the time it says on the directions because I don't know if the ingredients are meant to be left on for that long like Madeaj said.
Free2BMe :)

http://xoxo-chichi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 26th September 2010, 3:59 pm

thanks ladies! im sure it isnt meant to be left on longer than recommended. im not looking for results, this is just pure laziness. i will probably wash it out tonight or tommorow night
thetiffany
thetiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2BMe :) 26th September 2010, 4:07 pm

This is the post I was talking about, it was very informative.
http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/2009/03/monday-myths-can-you-really-deep.html

http://xoxo-chichi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 26th September 2010, 4:57 pm

I slept in mine last night. I waited too late to wash and condition and thats really why i kept it in. I use Shea Moisture Deep Masque. I looked fine when i washed it out. I may just do this more often.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th September 2010, 5:14 pm

Free2BMe Smile wrote:I was reading on http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/ that sometimes it doesn't matter if you leave it on longer than the recommended time, you may still get the same effect.
So I leave mine on for the time it says on the directions because I don't know if the ingredients are meant to be left on for that long like Madeaj said.

This is why I only leave mine on for 20 minutes. I use to leave it on for an hour but I never noticed a difference in one hr and/or 20 minutes. It already takes a looooooonnnnnggg time to wash, detangle and style so I try to find ways to shorten the time.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 27th September 2010, 5:29 am

summerbreeze76 wrote:I slept in mine last night. I waited too late to wash and condition and thats really why i kept it in. I use Shea Moisture Deep Masque. I looked fine when i washed it out. I may just do this more often.

i heard some people use the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque for twist outs.

I think it depends on the ingredients of the deep conditioner. If it has all natural ingredients that are the same ones found in a regular leave in conditioner, but just thicker, you can probably just leave it in for as long as you want.

And like SummerRuby said, it probably depends on your hair type too, and if your hair is prone to being over-moisturized or if it sucks up moisture whenever you put it in. I have never seen any one with natural hair that had over moisturized hair yet, though I heard it's possible.
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 28th September 2010, 10:03 pm

thanks for the link free2beme.

i washed the leave in out last night, so it ended up being 3 days it was in my hair. i cant tell the difference, my hair is the same as if i had a regular condish. no harm done i hope.

did i mention i HATE deep conditioning Sad
thetiffany
thetiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down