CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP! BC'd over 3 weeks ago and I'M LOST!!!!

2 posters

Go down

HELP! BC'd over 3 weeks ago and I'M LOST!!!! Empty HELP! BC'd over 3 weeks ago and I'M LOST!!!!

Post by NaturallyKiki 22nd September 2010, 5:56 pm

My TWMA (teeny-weeny-mini-afro) has taken the texture of a tight jherri curl, or more like soft cotton to be exact. It always looks frizzy and I have no clue what to use for frizz and to maintain a curl. I NEED HELP! I've tried looking on you tube and otehr places, but no one seems to focus on twa's with my hair type. I'm also struggling with extremely thin edges from past weaves that were too tight. Any help I can get is appreciated. Thanks!
NaturallyKiki
NaturallyKiki

http://www.naturalbecomesher.com

Back to top Go down

HELP! BC'd over 3 weeks ago and I'M LOST!!!! Empty Re: HELP! BC'd over 3 weeks ago and I'M LOST!!!!

Post by naturallychelsea 22nd September 2010, 6:28 pm

Ill address this in three parts:
FRIZZY
Your hair sounds like it needs sum serious moisture. Good news is u already have it at home WATER!!! Applying water to the hair then sealing it with a lil oil will go a long way. Personally I prefer shea butter as it is a solid and it gives me a better control of the amount I put in my hair to prevent oiliness. Also oyin, aveda and a few all nach lines have sum gr8 moisturisers.

Secondly, i think you should try leave-ins. After you wash your hair it is a good idea to apply a leave in to your hair to quickly replace the moisture lost from washing.

Also rinsing with cold water after washing or using apple cidar vinegar to rinse your hair out will help make your cuticles lie flat this will help to tame fly aways prevent frizzies and help your hair shine.

STYLING
IMO the best way to maintain a curl is to apply a heavy creamy leave in condish then a gel. Im transitioning btw but of the few combos Ive tried herbal essences hello hydration and ecostyler gel have been the best (and yes i leave regular conditioner in my hair my hair seems to like it). My hair began to clump even before I applied the gel. Another product you could try is kinky- curly curling custard (it has rave reviews).

EDGES
I struggled with the same prob too but mine was caused from tight one plaits with transitioning hair. To combat the prob I mixed vitamin e oil, olive oil and coconut oil. I would then heat the oils up and massage it into my edges twice a day (and i mean really massage). This helps to stimulate the follicles to start producing hair. Also i gave my edges a break. That meant no gels, no pulling hair back, no tight headbands, and i released my hair at nights i.e. I didnt keep it a pontytail to sleep etc.
I hope this helps Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

HELP! BC'd over 3 weeks ago and I'M LOST!!!! Empty Re: HELP! BC'd over 3 weeks ago and I'M LOST!!!!

Post by NaturallyKiki 22nd September 2010, 6:39 pm

Thank you, it helps a lot and gives me some direction. I will definetly be trying the vitamin E oil mix you suggested as soon as I get home!

I've heard good reviews (other than the harsh ingredients) about Eco styler gel. Is this something I can get from a local market or CVS type? Now that you mention it, when I apply conditioner, my hair curls right up too so, it's okay to actually leave it in my hair all day? If so, that may help a lot with retaining curls. You're awesome, thanks! Laughing
NaturallyKiki
NaturallyKiki

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 22nd September 2010, 6:48 pm

Ecostyler can be bought at your regular beauty supply store thats why most people prefer it to the curling custard that as well as the price. Its super cheap and the tub is large. Oh btw i use the olive oil one in the green tub but Ive heard that all of them work just as well.

Oh and yh i leave it in for like a week at a time and word of advice never reapply it to your hair like a moisturiser it will dry white. Curly nikki actually uses condish to style her hair, i got it frm her and a few other curlies.

And happy to help feel free to buzz if u need more help
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyKiki 22nd September 2010, 7:20 pm

I sure will, headed to the BSS now for the olive oil Ecostyler gel!
NaturallyKiki
NaturallyKiki

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 23rd September 2010, 1:22 pm

Just wanted to share an update with you I mixed Shea butter jojoba oil olive oil and my ecostyler gel and I LOVE IT. The mixture goes one easily and I now get to skip the step of sealing. And wen my hair dries it dries soft and shiny. Oh and update me and tell me wat results u got frm the ecostyler.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down