CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about relaxed vs. natural texture

5 posters

Go down

Question about relaxed vs. natural texture Empty Question about relaxed vs. natural texture

Post by mrsrenaissance 19th November 2009, 11:51 pm

i've read that you can't truly see your natural texture until your relaxed ends are gone. but i'm just curious...

even when i relaxed on a reg. basis (every 8 wks) my hair was still curly when wet. when the weather was warm enough i did wash & go's.

i'm wondering if my natural texture would be similar once the relaxer is gone? hopefully this makes sense [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] i'm getting so anxious! but i know i'm not ready to bc [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Question about relaxed vs. natural texture Empty Re: Question about relaxed vs. natural texture

Post by dajewel 20th November 2009, 12:22 am

my relaxed hair wasn't similar to my natural hair.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Question about relaxed vs. natural texture Empty Re: Question about relaxed vs. natural texture

Post by chuckles 20th November 2009, 7:44 pm

My relaxed hair is also curly when wet. I've been transitioning for a few months and have 2 1/2 inches of new growth. I'm noticing that both my natural and relaxed hair are similar, but my new growth curls are much tighter. I'm curious to see what my hair will look like when my relaxer has grown out. I'm not getting the BC...I'm not brave enough. But I'm getting my hair trimmed regularly to slowly get rid of my chemically treated ends.
chuckles
chuckles

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 20th November 2009, 10:21 pm

we have so much in common chuckles [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] i never paid much attention in the salon so i didn't know if most ppl still had curls even w/the relaxer.

i've been getting trims too, but luckily i haven't had much damage so i haven't had much dcut off. maybe i need to get more trimmed just to speed up the process.
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by chuckles 20th November 2009, 11:54 pm

that's what im also going to do. also my hair began to grow much faster when i started to take msm vitamins with my regular multivitamin.
chuckles
chuckles

Back to top Go down

Post by RWF2122 22nd November 2009, 4:30 pm

My relaxed ends are curly when wet and dry. Most people actually don't believe I'm not totally natural. I'm about 9 months into a 24 month transition. I think since my ends are curly too, this transitioning is easier and I don't have straight ends to conceal, which is a plus. My natural hair is much thicker and much curlier, so I can't wait til I'm 100%
RWF2122
RWF2122

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 24th November 2009, 12:18 am

it seems like the longer i go without a relaxer, the straighter my ends are though. i look fwd to washing or cowashing every week now just to see the new growth [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldine 1st December 2009, 12:16 pm

When I go a relaxer back in '07 (after 7 years of being natural), the whole back of my hair was still natural!! I went back and got a corrective relaxer and it was straight for a few weeks but started to revert again (I knew that was a sign...smh) so 8 weeks after that i got another relaxer, and the back of my hair started to fall out...in drastic amounts! *scary music* So if your natural texture is similar to your relaxed texture it could be that your hair was resisting the relaxer (and was never bone straight relaxed), that's what my hairdresser said happened to me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Oldine on 1st December 2009, 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)
Oldine
Oldine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down