CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long does it take?

4 posters

Go down

How long does it take? Empty How long does it take?

Post by LivinandLovin 7th September 2010, 11:04 pm

Hey all, I'm planning on doing my first henna this weekend, and I was wondering how long it takes to apply the henna, and how long it takes to wash out? Also, does anyone have any issues with the drain getting clogged rinsing out? Thanks!

LivinandLovin

Back to top Go down

How long does it take? Empty Re: How long does it take?

Post by Shrinkage 7th September 2010, 11:55 pm

Hi Livin

I did my first henna this past Friday.. It took me all of 15 minutes to get the henna into my hair. I have a little past arm-pit length hair in the front and bra strap length in the back. I washed my hair first in the sink about 10 minutes... then hopped in the shower and conditioned washed about 4 times for about 20 minutes.. Then I applied a DC and left it in overnight and rinsed it out in the morning. HTH and Good luck!
Shrinkage
Shrinkage

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinandLovin 14th September 2010, 3:28 pm

Thanks!

Does the henna rinse out really thick (as in will it clog my drain)? Also, I don't have a sink big enough to wash my hair out in, would the shower work just as well?

LivinandLovin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrinkage 14th September 2010, 4:00 pm

I did not experience a clogged drained.

Yes, I think the shower is actually better because it gives your more room and allows you to see what you're doing. Just stand under the shower and let it rinse out until it runs clear! I think it helped that I applied the henna in four sections and rinsed it out in the same way
Shrinkage
Shrinkage

Back to top Go down

Post by JoyCurl 19th September 2010, 11:56 am

I agree with Shrinkage but I use the tub faucet for more water pressure, it's much quicker.
JoyCurl
JoyCurl

http://public.fotki.com/joycurl/

Back to top Go down

Post by hopeforyourbody 19th September 2010, 3:27 pm

I completed my first henna gloss today. I followed Nikki's recipe. I mixed and dye released yesterday while I was away from home. Put the henna in between 9 and 10p; took all of 15 minutes at the most. Wrapped my hair in plastic wrap and a plastic cap. Topped it with an old tee shirt. I was anxious about it seeping out over night but it didn't. Besides, I had wrapped my pillow in an old pillowcase and towel. Rinsed it out in the tub, then followed up with a conditioner wash and rinse in the shower. The color is fantastic - no more silver. The little I had bothered me so I am glad it is gone. The process of wasn't tedious just time consuming. I will do it again as needed though. Will post a picture of it later.
hopeforyourbody
hopeforyourbody

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down