CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fashion anyone?

+19
TerraD
kinky_situation
Tiffy2
LovelyCurls
CocoEuro
Moni
LuvMeLuvMyFro
Succinctlyso
Happy2B
krenea
Hollis
*CurlyNikki*
SheeTacular
AfrikanLatina
LoColli
gammainme
dajewel
tiashaunteé
Beautifully Human
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fashion anyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fashion anyone?

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 5th November 2009, 11:40 am

gammainme wrote:Hey Hollis! Florida Mall (30-40 min drive for you?) and Seminole Town center ( sanford) - go for it!

I drove from St Pete two weekends ago to go to H&M in Florida mall. I have plans to be in Orlando this weekend and I am thinking of stopping by again.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Succinctlyso 5th November 2009, 3:12 pm

I drove from St Pete two weekends ago to go to H&M in Florida mall. I have plans to be in Orlando this weekend and I am thinking of stopping by again.

I LOVE...H&M...

Seriously... talk abotu an AMAZING place...designer look without the price tag....

*looks around*

Did I just make a Slogan!??! LOL [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Succinctlyso
Succinctlyso

http://www.twitter.com/succinctlyso

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 5th November 2009, 3:30 pm

I am in love with printed tights right now. Target has a lot of nice ones for $10.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th November 2009, 3:34 pm

LuvMeLuvMyFro wrote:I am in love with printed tights right now. Target has a lot of nice ones for $10.

I got some from Target last week for $2.50.....I think they try to hide those. I found them by turning a corner a little too fast.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 5th November 2009, 4:46 pm

Note to self: Go to target.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 6th November 2009, 10:18 am

speaking of target: jean paul gautier will be debuting in target march 7, 2010!

http://theglamazons.blogspot.com/2009/10/new-jean-paul-gaultier-for-target.html
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 6th November 2009, 11:00 am

tiashauntee wrote:
*CurlyNikki* wrote:I'm a shopaholic too, sadly. Whenever I'm bored, sad, or 'my hair looks too good to be at the crib', I feel compelled to leave the house and spend money, lol. Happened yesterday, and the day before that...probably the day before that too! It's wrong, but it feels soooo right.

To keep hubby off my back, I buy him things too Wink He gets so distracted with his new stuff that he doesn't see me sneaking pass with my bags! For every 3 things I buy myself, I buy him 1...haha Wink

LOL, I let my hubby buy a motorcycle....since then he says NOTHING about my shopping Laughing

lol! same here!!! He got one earlier this year, and I got myself a little something too Wink
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Succinctlyso 6th November 2009, 1:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Loving this look today... think im goign to go ahead and put something like this together:)

Im into more muted colors rightnow tho... Hmmm...
Succinctlyso
Succinctlyso

http://www.twitter.com/succinctlyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 10th November 2009, 8:36 pm

I love clothes and shopping. I've had to be a lot more discrete this year since I'm in my 3rd year of law school. My friends and I joke that the longer we're in school the broker we get!

With that said, I was just in London last weekend and it is a shopping HEAVEN! If you like H&M, there are a million stores like it (high street stores), such as TopShop, Miss Selfridge, Zara, Mango, Uniqlo, etc. Most of these either aren't in the US at all or are limited (Topshop and Uniqlo only have 1 store in the US, in NYC of course). I bought some great stuff there, along with fabulous knee high boots from Duo.

I love my jeans, but most of all, I love dresses. I wear them all summer long, but always thought that it was too cold to wear dresses in Michigan during the winter. I decided to change that this year, so this has become my favorite look. I wear a jersey dress (the one I'm wearing today was $5 on sale at F21) over a lightweight long sleeved top, with black or patterned tights and boots. I'll wear a cardigan on top of that if necessary and sometimes belt the dress at my waist with a wide belt. Add some fly earrings and a cute headband and I'm good to go!

winter dress by Moni_22 featuring Forever21
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifully Human 13th November 2009, 5:56 pm

*CurlyNikki* wrote: Grass is always greener [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Indeed it is Smile I didn't have insecurities about my legs but definitely about my chubby face. And still do! Unfortch there's not much I can do to hide it so I just have to learn to accept it as it is. My dad used to call my face fat all the time. It gave me a serious complex and I thought I was disproportionate (sp?) cause one of my aunts said my face didn't match the rest of my body Sad
LOL. I can kinda laugh about it now but to this day I still feel insecure about it.

Moni wrote:I love clothes and shopping. I've had to be a lot more discrete this year since I'm in my 3rd year of law school. My friends and I joke that the longer we're in school the broker we get!

With that said, I was just in London last weekend and it is a shopping HEAVEN! If you like H&M, there are a million stores like it (high street stores), such as TopShop, Miss Selfridge, Zara, Mango, Uniqlo, etc. Most of these either aren't in the US at all or are limited (Topshop and Uniqlo only have 1 store in the US, in NYC of course). I bought some great stuff there, along with fabulous knee high boots from Duo.

I love my jeans, but most of all, I love dresses. I wear them all summer long, but always thought that it was too cold to wear dresses in Michigan during the winter. I decided to change that this year, so this has become my favorite look. I wear a jersey dress (the one I'm wearing today was $5 on sale at F21) over a lightweight long sleeved top, with black or patterned tights and boots. I'll wear a cardigan on top of that if necessary and sometimes belt the dress at my waist with a wide belt. Add some fly earrings and a cute headband and I'm good to go!

Nice! I'm definitely making a mental note of this b/c I'm heading to London for Christmas for the first time and I'm really looking forward to the shopping! I'm really looking for black boots that stop at the knee. So if I find a fly pair there I will be very happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Beautifully Human
Beautifully Human

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 14th November 2009, 11:58 pm

I love to shop..haven't been able to shop like I usually do since hubby gets paid in U.S. Dollars we lose buying in Euros!

I took my five year old shopping with me (serious distraction) and I purchased Chuck Taylors came home looked at the reciept I realized I paid 65 Euro mmmm...(clearing throat) conversion!! $95..I took those back quick fast!

So I shop my 3 favs online....Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 15th November 2009, 12:48 am

cocoeuro wrote:I love to shop..haven't been able to shop like I usually do since hubby gets paid in U.S. Dollars we lose buying in Euros!

I took my five year old shopping with me (serious distraction) and I purchased Chuck Taylors came home looked at the reciept I realized I paid 65 Euro mmmm...(clearing throat) conversion!! $95..I took those back quick fast!

So I shop my 3 favs online....Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

WOW! That crazy! I just looked at a pair of Chucks last week and they were $38. I didn't realized the exchange was so big of a difference
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyCurls 15th November 2009, 4:17 pm

Clothes are my drug of choice...lol. I must have bags, scarves, sunglasses, earrings, bracelets, big rings, skinny jeans, oversized sweaters, long sleeve tees, boots of all kinds, and last but not least...cute and comfy lounge wear. I'm getting a craving just thinking about it
LovelyCurls
LovelyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 21st November 2009, 2:08 am

OMG when I do my secret online shopping and I know when the UPS man is coming,I tip toe to the front door and wait for him to come upstairs.the dog sometimes give me away with all that GD barking lol. I'm a really big fan of Wet Seal and Agaci. but my new love is this super hot online store called Gojane.com. they have the hotest shoes and boots ever. and they're cheap! anywho,my husband thinks I'm addicted to shopping,but I just like to spoil myself from time to time. when he says NO,I always say YES! LMAO!!!!!!!!
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

https://facebook.com/cherrikissez

Back to top Go down

Post by kinky_situation 21st November 2009, 2:31 am

I have so much trouble committing to any trends. I will always wear big earrings. The bigger and danglier the better. If they can fit on my wrist, then I will rock them! But I have to keep it so simple with clothes.

In the DC area, everyone is a fashionista these days and it's so easy to end up looking just like everyone else if you follow any trends. The fashionistas run the newest trends into the ground so quickly! I keep my lines clean and my colors simple. Like a fashion designer.

Here's a list of trends I'm avoiding. I just like being anti...

1. The urban lumberjack. Anything plaid, the market is too saturated.

2. Leggings. No, just no.

3. Peep toe booties. It's cold out! Why would I want my toe peepin?

4. Riding boots. Everybody and I mean everybody was wearing these in Georgetown today.
kinky_situation
kinky_situation

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 22nd November 2009, 10:01 pm

I'm a shopaholic as well. I've been on punishment since moving to Cali. I'm on a strict budget until March 2010!
I'm currently working at Macy's in Pasadena, get this. The other day I was clearing out a fitting room when I found a gorgeous black dress. The tag read $338, Sale Price $220. I gasped and went to scan it and figure out where it belonged. It scanned as $15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I checked the size and ran into the dressing room to try it on. It's in my closet now!

CurlyNikki: I'm the same way, as a life-long skinny girl. I just started wearing shorts and short skirts this year! And I also hated skinny jeans and now own many pairs! One thing I will never do... Wear leggings with a waist length shirt! I also have no hips and I feel too vulnerable with my butt uncovered in leggings LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd November 2009, 11:24 am

TerraD wrote:I'm the same way, as a life-long skinny girl. I just started wearing shorts and short skirts this year! And I also hated skinny jeans and now own many pairs! One thing I will never do... Wear leggings with a waist length shirt! I also have no hips and I feel too vulnerable with my butt uncovered in leggings LOL

Same here.

I bought my first pair of shorts in 2007 and then I only wore them once. I finally gained some weight by drinking protein shakes so I feel a little more comfortable with myself. I have 3 pairs of shorts and 2 pairs of leggings now. My confidence is beaming now! Smile
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 23rd November 2009, 4:46 pm

LOL@ TerraD! I'd never wear leggings with my butt exposed! I don't know how people do it! I also don't wear skinny jeans without longer shirts...it just seems weird, lol.
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Fashion anyone? - Page 2 Empty Leg Warmers??

Post by tiashaunteé 25th November 2009, 12:25 pm

What is your opinion??

I realized that they are something I can make instead of buy so now I am trying to figure out if I really want them or it's just because they won't cost me much to make.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 25th November 2009, 1:01 pm

dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 25th November 2009, 1:31 pm

dajewel wrote:i love this site: http://getitgirlstyle.blogspot.com/

You just fueled my addiction. Beside hair, I am also addicted to fashion blogs
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallydestined 25th November 2009, 2:55 pm

@ succinctlyso, Love that site, gf! I'm not a shopaholic as far as clothes and I don't buy name brand. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I know..I'm Abby Normal but I do have my own sense of fashion. I piece together what I like. However, I do love makeup and I have a thing for nail polish. Weird. LOL
naturallydestined
naturallydestined

http://members.fotki.com/NaturallyDestined/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 25th November 2009, 2:58 pm

naturallydestined wrote:@ succinctlyso, Love that site, gf! I'm not a shopaholic as far as clothes and I don't buy name brand. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I know..I'm Abby Normal but I do have my own sense of fashion. I piece together what I like. However, I do love makeup and I have a thing for nail polish. Weird. LOL

Girl there is nothing wrong with not buying name brand! I don't do it either. I dress to impress myself and I am not impressed by expensive clothing. I need something fashionable that I don't mind when my godson puts his BBQ fingers on my. I like simple but different clothes and then accent with some "different" earrings and some "different" shoes. Most days I don't even feel like trying, but I like to have that option.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautifully Human 25th November 2009, 7:19 pm

*CurlyNikki* wrote:LOL@ TerraD! I'd never wear leggings with my butt exposed! I don't know how people do it! I also don't wear skinny jeans without longer shirts...it just seems weird, lol.

OMG Yes! @ not wearing leggings with my butt out. Can't do it! I always have to have a long top/tunic/sweater dress when I wear leggings. I tried walking around the house with a waist length top and some leggings one time and within 5 mintues ran upstairs and put a long shirt on! I felt like my arse was all on display. LOL!
Beautifully Human
Beautifully Human

Back to top Go down

Post by LovelyCurls 30th November 2009, 6:33 pm

Reminder: Today is Cyber Monday. A lot of the online sites have sales going on. It's like a black friday for online shoppers. Thought I'd share that with my fellow shopaholics. Laughing
LovelyCurls
LovelyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next