CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally!

+14
PaganWifey
priceless
netta
MellowOne
Hurricane Curly
SheeTacular
Cnicoles6
QuietButterfly
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
jlowman1
BajanPrincess82
CrissyQ
queenshakirah
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Finally! - Page 3 Empty Re: Finally!

Post by queenshakirah 4th December 2010, 10:03 am

@jnb-yes ma'am!
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 6th December 2010, 5:22 pm

I'm hype! My local rite aid now carries Yes to Carrots! I haven't tried any of their products yet but I hear great things, so I bought the hair and scalp moisturizing mud mask. It was on sale for $9.79! (normally about $13). I know I'm supposed to be on strike from new purchases but I couldn't resist! Product review coming soon.
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 13th December 2010, 9:00 pm

You ever feel the urge to cut your hair? I know that goes against the sentiment of most of the curlies on here. We're all about length retention, maximum growth, etc...but lately I've been considering cutting my 5 inch fro down to a chrisette michele style. I lost my edges due to post partum shedding and they're growing back, thank God, but the difference in length is driving me nuts! I'm really considering a fresh start by evening it all out. I dunno...
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th December 2010, 9:49 pm

I saw when you mentioned that on FB. You know what I was thinking about how I would handle postpartum shedding the second time around (thinking about baby #2 lately). If I was in your position, I would probably cut it off because it will never be the same length/even without some type of trimming.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 13th December 2010, 11:41 pm

That's what I'm thinking. My mom keeps saying to leave it alone it will grow but i gotta cut it one way our the other...
I've decided to do wigs for the winter since protective styles look an absolute mess on me with this hairline. I tried on a few today and plan to go back and purchase a couple I thought were cute. But it still feels weird! I feel like I look strange with straight hair since i haven't worm straight hair in about seven years . I'll post pics tomorrow.
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th December 2010, 11:48 pm

Try some curly wigs. Glamazini on Youtube has some really cute ones.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 14th December 2010, 11:24 pm

ok, so i've commited myself to hiding my hair until the weather is warm again. i need to cut my hair to even it out the best i can. i'm petrified to go to a stylist to get it done so i'll do it myself after my next wash.
in an effort to protect my hair from this bite-you-in-the-ass weather here in philly, i bought a couple of wigs. how do they look?
Finally! - Page 3 25610

Finally! - Page 3 25311

i've been playing around with the curly one to make the hairline look more natural and i think i've got it (not in this picture tho lol) and i assure y'all, i am not naked in that pic lol.
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th December 2010, 11:50 pm

I like the curly one best Wink
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 15th December 2010, 12:34 am

Me too. My husband said the straight one makes me look younger. I don't really wasn't that. I already have high schoolers hitting on me lol. I'm gonna have a terra hair cap made this week too. Hopefully between the three I'll make it thru winter.
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 16th December 2010, 12:30 am

Omg I'm totally bummed. Freaked out. I feel awful! Tonight, while getting ready for bed, i was detangling my wig and in just that split second that my hands weren't free, my son fell off my bed!!! I was terrified! He fell on his head. I literally ran him to the ER since a hospital is across and up the street from me. He's fine. I figured he would be fine by the time I got there but i took him thru triage to be on the safe side. He was back to his playful self bu the time we got to the waiting room. But still, I feel awful!
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 16th December 2010, 1:19 am

Sorry to hear about you son falling, but happy to hear that he's okay! Accidents do happen though, so be gentle on yourself!
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Orchiddragonfly 16th December 2010, 3:04 am

I'm a stay at home of The Boss-He is 1 year old and the joy of my life.
Love the blessing of being able to be home with him.

Orchiddragonfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 16th December 2010, 4:39 pm

Glad your son is alright.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th December 2010, 4:48 pm

Dont be so hard on yourself. It has happen to all of us. Unfortunately, it wont be his last fall. I'm glad Mr. Biggums is okay. Wink
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 16th December 2010, 9:17 pm

Thanks ladies. I just keep replaying it in my mind and it sucks (damn ocd) but I'm blessed. He didn't even have a bump on his head !
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 18th December 2010, 3:29 pm

Ok, so a week of wearing wigs has left much to be desired. I'm not a big fan of either of the two wigs I purchased. They seemed stylish enough when I tried them on in the store, they're even really comfortable, I just don't like the way it looks or feels around my face. It's just not....natural lol. I'd even feel better if I had extensions I believe. Ok, so I may not be able to commit to hiding my hair all winter but I'm definitely committed to protective styles. Today is wash day, I'm gonna try out the YTC dc and give the wigs another run and if I don't like it, they might end up in the product swap board!
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 19th December 2010, 12:35 am

Yes To carrots deep treatment mask is nice! I washed with kccc. I didn't do my evoo pre poo like i wanted and i could tell the difference so evoo is def a holy grail for me now, but anyway, i washed then conditioned with the YTC no heat, just let it sit for 15 minutes while doing the dishes, then finger detangled and rinsed. Application was smooth and easy, it smells okay, had good slip. Left my hair feeling very soft. The ingredient list is awesome, almost perfect with the exception of dimethicone, but I can deal with one cone if it yields these results. I rinsed and applied kckt as my leave in and my hair feels fabulous. I have it banded until tomorrow. Not sure yet how I will style, but YTC will def be on my repurchase list!
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 20th December 2010, 12:02 pm

Finally! Got my twists to look half way decent. Usually I only wear them to achieve a twist out. I was never really a fan of how the actual twists looked, not since my very first twist after i bc'ed. (see pic on page one slide show)
I am ACCEPTING the look of these twists today, I think it looks a little better since I cut about an inch off the sides around my ears as the hair there was so much longer than the rest. Howwwwever, I'm becoming a little obsessed with getting more length. My twists would look sooo much better if my hair was longer.
( I was ready to bc again a week ago...can we say indecisive?)
Anyways, I'll posts pics when I can get my hands on a pc.
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3