CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a new phone/What's your favorite device and what's on it?

+8
CrissyQ
krazy coils
mstokes2008
Naturally Nu*
sweetdrk1
jlowman1
tiashaunteé
nattyblog
12 posters

Go down

Looking for a new phone/What's your favorite device and what's on it?  Empty Looking for a new phone/What's your favorite device and what's on it?

Post by nattyblog 17th August 2010, 1:58 pm

cheers

CN, Just wanted to say thanks for this segment of the forums!

Now I want to know what's everybody's favorite device! Because I'm nosey like that. Laughing

My current favorites are my iPad (gift from the hubby for Mother's Day-he knows I'm geeky) and iPod Touch. And I got a LOT of apps. Embarassed But I'm really interested in some of the other devices like the Droids and Blackberries and the Palm Pixis and what all they do too. Got to be well rounded, you know. I'm sort of obsessed with it all. Plus, since I got a new job, I might be in the market for a new smartphone (YES!!)-once I assess the billing situation. My current phone is crap because I can't use it in my new house (I know, it works everywhere else but in my new house!!). So, I'm thinking about possibly one of the kind that will lend wifi access to up to five devices. Yummy! Might as well roll all of the cost into the one device, right? But in the end, I just may have to go the cost effective route. We'll see.

So, anybody have success with a smartphone out there? Or you found an awesome plan that just fits? Why do you like it and what's up with the apps? bounce Are there any you've tried that I should definitely stay away from?

nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Looking for a new phone/What's your favorite device and what's on it?  Empty Re: Looking for a new phone/What's your favorite device and what's on it?

Post by tiashaunteé 17th August 2010, 2:00 pm

I have the Blackberry Curve 8520 (?), this is my second blackberry and I love it. My life is in this phone. The one I had prior broke one week before my upgrade so I waited to get the new one and I felt so lost without my memo pad, calendar, email access, BBM, and alarm clock (LOL)
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Looking for a new phone/What's your favorite device and what's on it?  Empty Re: Looking for a new phone/What's your favorite device and what's on it?

Post by nattyblog 17th August 2010, 2:10 pm

The Curve is one of the ones I looked at before I got the Chocolate (about two phones ago)! I loved the way it looked! Okay, this one is going back on the list!

Isn't it crazy how you feel so lost without your phone anymore? We don't even have a land line in our house because nobody uses them in our house anymore. And I heard a rumor that land line technology isn't being updated anymore because of all the widespread usage of cell phones. If you start hearing static on your land line in the future, get used to it. That technology is supposedly on its way out. Kind of like how if you're using an old cell phone that you refuse to update because you want to stay out of your contract and it never works well because they won't update the technology it ran on anymore. Lol! My hubby is an accountant and he hasn't had a contract for 8 years so all of his phones are the free ones that he gets because he refuses to update. But right now, his phone is working better than mine! It's a sad state of affairs when that happens. No
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 17th August 2010, 3:54 pm

Im a tech geek too. I love all technology even though I cant afford it! lol

I love going through all the settings when I get new phones. I have Sprint and they just implemented a new plan for their "Premier" customers where you can upgrade to a new device every 12 months now instead of 24! Wooo hooo! Loves it!

Anywho (sorry for my rambling)... I have a Palm Pixi that I LOVE to death. Its not too big, not too small. I love that I can have 10 things open at the same time and the performance is still the same. The apps are decent. They just upgraded the Palm Pixi so that it will perform 3D apps, now I can finally get that The Sims 3 game I've been eyeing dance (yessss in my Napolean Dynamite voice Very Happy ) Lets see what else, the menus are 3 interchangeable screens so I can pick and choose what I want my interface to look like. Its touchscreen and has a full qwerty keyboard. My last phone (Samsung Instinct) was only touchscreen and I was always nervous that if the screen went out that I would be pretty much out of luck, hence why I wanted something with both touchscreen AND buttons just in case. Hmmm, the Verizon version of the Pixi has Wi-Fi, Sprint doesn't but I can deal. Oh and my favorite thing, if I want to search for something all I have to do is start typing and it brings up a screen where I can send to Google, Wikipedia or any of the search apps. You can also record videos and edit them right on your device which is pretty cool. As you can see I love my Pixi and I definitely would recommend it.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 17th August 2010, 5:20 pm

I have the Sims 3 on my iPod Touch too! Nice time waster.

Now you can update ever 12 months...does that mean a new 2 year contract too though? I do have a verizon account though not a verizon phone and my contract is almost up.

It makes sense to have touch and buttons when you put it that way.

Okay, I'll put the Pixi on the list too. This is going to be a touch choice.
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 17th August 2010, 5:25 pm

Yes it does require a 2 yr service agreement, sorry I left that out. lol
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th August 2010, 6:05 pm

Go Nikki!!

she is the bomb!

well as you all know I have an IPAD! I can't tell you what my FAVORITE app is yet. I will come back to you on that. I have Droid HTC phone and I have a ton of apps on that.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* 17th August 2010, 6:14 pm

I'm hoping to get the T-mobile Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy S) for my next upgrade!
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 17th August 2010, 9:53 pm

I just switched from my Iphone 3g to the the Samsung Vibrant from Tmobile!!! AT&T was way to expensive for me, especially for them to only have 2 choices for phone plans and ugh when it came to iphone problems they were rude and kept trying to give me the same refurbed phone I already had saying it was phone problems when it was CLEARLY signal problems.... yeah anyways hehe

So far I LOVE the vibrant!!! I like the android operating system WAY more than apples suprisingly lol. And I got it off of contract so I only paid $60 something dollars that day with like 40 bucks worth accessories and they broke the rest up over 19 payments on my bill. Sounds like a lot but its only about $20 extra a month and it's STILL cheaper than my AT&T plan. smh, No

@Naturally Nu*- you should totally upgrade to it
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 17th August 2010, 10:23 pm

Yeah, I've heard the 3G network on At&T is horrible!! I keep wondering if Verizon is really going to get the iPhone next. I keep hearing rumors about that from a Verizon employee. We'll see.

Hmmm...vibrant. Never heard of that one....

Sweet, how do you like your Droid?
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th August 2010, 9:33 pm

I love my Droid!!

I got the 3G model of the iPad because of the news that we will be getting the iphone. When we do I will be purchasing one. I refuse to pay At&T anything! I have been an employee of NJ Bell/Bell Atlantic/Verizon for 20 years! I am loyal!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 18th August 2010, 11:28 pm

LOL! My mom just retired after 30-something years!
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 18th August 2010, 11:43 pm

I currently have a blackberry with t-mobile but I will be switching to Sprint and I'm going to get the HTC Evo!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 19th August 2010, 6:28 pm

I am going to get the g1 from t-mobile and yall, I do not know NOTHING about these new phones. Somebody is going to have to help me.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* 20th August 2010, 1:01 am

mstokes2008 wrote:
I just switched from my Iphone 3g to the the Samsung Vibrant from Tmobile!!! AT&T was way to expensive for me, especially for them to only have 2 choices for phone plans and ugh when it came to iphone problems they were rude and kept trying to give me the same refurbed phone I already had saying it was phone problems when it was CLEARLY signal problems.... yeah anyways hehe

So far I LOVE the vibrant!!! I like the android operating system WAY more than apples suprisingly lol. And I got it off of contract so I only paid $60 something dollars that day with like 40 bucks worth accessories and they broke the rest up over 19 payments on my bill. Sounds like a lot but its only about $20 extra a month and it's STILL cheaper than my AT&T plan. smh, No

@Naturally Nu*- you should totally upgrade to it

Giiiirl..it's on!! Thanks!! woot!
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Looking for a new phone/What's your favorite device and what's on it?  Empty Smartphones anyone?

Post by AmariC05 20th August 2010, 11:45 am

@nattyblog

Ok, if your into smart phones my number one pick right now is the palm treo pro. It is a touch screen with a qwery keyboard. It's offered in the US under Sprint only, but if your like me and don't want to be tied down to anyone's contract you can order the unlocked version of the phone online. The original price was about $600, I used my coporate discount through Dell.com/epp and paid $189.00 ( It runs for about $175 - $200 unlocked on amazon.com) I used mine on t-Mobile with the everything plus plan (no contract).

It runs on Windows Mobile 6.1 and does everything! Some of my favorite apps to use on it are: Google Maps, Opera Mini (web browser, if you get tired of the IE that comes with Windows), Windows Media Player, and Drive Safe.ly.

Unfortunately since I bought the unlocked version and did not purchase a replacement plan through Dell, when someone broke my phone I had to switch to a RIM BlackBerry (Boost Mobile). So far the Treo Pro and this Blackberry are neck and neck.

Check out Cnet.com for full professional phone reviews.

Good Luck!

AmariC05
AmariC05

http://www.annalisa-online.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 20th August 2010, 12:32 pm

Thanks! I love Cnet.com too!

I can't wait to get a new one. But I am getting paid by the Department of Education and the last time I worked for them, my first check didn't come in for three months. Shocked It was a NICE check! But, it just took too long. If they do it again, I'll be able to get whatever I want, lol. But, I really can't afford to be without a reliable phone for much longer. The kiddies go back to school soon.

Thanks for all of these suggestions! My list is looking hot!!
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by misstatum 22nd August 2010, 3:04 pm

Sprint's HTC Evo is GREAT!!!! I haven't had any technical problems....Sprint has a 4G network but since all cities don't have 4G idk if that part will benefit you.....can be used as for up to 5 devices.....it's a droid phone.....8MP camera (two way cam).....mp3 capabilities.....and the list goes on....it's pretty much a computer in ur pocket (or purse).....it is on the larger side in terms of the screen but I LOVE IT!!!
misstatum
misstatum

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 23rd August 2010, 3:48 pm

That's the second suggestion I got for the EVO. That must be one good phone!
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 6th October 2010, 8:42 pm

I have the simple iPhone 3GS. Works fine for me. iCal syncs to my outlook calendar at work and the 3G is reliable as long as I don't use it Penn Station NYC. That place just has took many people. I love my I heart radio, pandora, google and chicktionary game. Also I got a 15% discount thru my employer so that made the decision easy.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 10th October 2010, 12:49 pm

Team Droid!!!!

I love my Motorola Droid. I need the physical keyboard at times. The Android system is SO amazing.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th October 2010, 10:33 pm

I too love the android system!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down