CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thirsty hair

2 posters

Go down

Thirsty hair Empty Thirsty hair

Post by jackiej 6th August 2010, 4:24 pm

Hi All,

I'm quite new to this and am struggling to get the balance right, I know that trial and error is involved, but am worried that by taking so long to get it right I might be causing my already fragile hair more damage.
I have eliminated shampoo containing sulpahte and really feel the difference in that I no longer have an itchy scalp. My current routine is to co-wash every 2 to 3 days with either a conditioner for dry/damaged hair or Mane and Tail, then once a week a deep conditioner and sit under a heating cap. I then hydrate with a mix of Infusium 23, glycerine and water, and before finally getting hold of unrefined shea butter used vaseline to seal. I then try to re-hydrate throughout the day with a mix of water, glycerine and a few drops of essential oil (peppermint to be exact).

Please, please advise with your experience as to where I am going wrong. I did after much searching find a site here in London that sells Kinky-Curly products but after speaking to the really well informed owner was advised and have ordered a few products from the Darcy Botanicals range the Daily cleansing conditioner and the Coconut Lemongrass Tranisition creme - does anyone have any experience of the Darcy products.

Thank you

jackiej

Back to top Go down

Thirsty hair Empty Re: Thirsty hair

Post by By His Design 6th August 2010, 4:40 pm

Are you in the UK?

I must share from my experience that my hair was BADLY damaged. I had hair falling out in clumps and my hair was dull and very brittle. I started using Aphoghee which after two treatments I no longer have shedding.

I also used a spritz daily with an essential oil, vegetable glycerin and rose water, this along with 100% coconut oil and caster oil which I keep refrigerated to use on my scalp has kept my hair soft and my curls more defined. my hair is alot thicker and growing and most of all my hair is no longer dry!

hope that helps

By His Design

Back to top Go down

Post by jackiej 6th August 2010, 4:50 pm

Hi By His Design,

Yes I am in the UK and see you are too! I should have added that I use Aphoghee (the smelly one) about every two weeks, do you think that could be the problem?

Where do you get your coconut and castor oil from?
Thanks

jackiej

Back to top Go down

Post by By His Design 6th August 2010, 4:55 pm

Hi Jackie,

I use the protein treatment that goes hard, then rebalance with the balancing mosituriser and my own conidtioner. I was just reading your other post 'learning to love me' and I can completely empathise with you as I am going through the same thing. Where my hair was bald it is now growing back but is very thin compared to the unaffected areas in my head.

Keep praying and loving your hair its the only way it will bounce back. How is your diet, do you drink or smoke? do you take any vitamins?

I get the castor oil and coconut oil from my local hair store....like £3.99 a bottle, i then put them in a jar mix it up and put in the fridge to harden....so I put it on my scalp like hair oil. But the glycerin is what keeps my hair lovely all day...its amazing!

Maybe we caan do this journey together?

God Bless

By His Design

Back to top Go down

Post by jackiej 6th August 2010, 5:09 pm

Hi By His Design,

I would love to do this journey with you, thank you for being so gracious and offering. I am currently re-evaluating alot which includes my diet and giving up smoking!
Yes, I use the the same protein treatment that goes hard and then the balancing mosituriser then the mix of Infusium 23 leave in treatment, glycerine and water and now seal it with shea butter. My patchy areas never go bald but do really thin out, I suppose this whole process is trial and error but I really would like to get the balance right sooner rather than later.

All the best

jackiej

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down