CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry thirsty hair

4 posters

Go down

Dry thirsty hair Empty Dry thirsty hair

Post by w8tn4myhair 13th December 2009, 3:59 pm

Please helppppp!!! My daughter is 7 and her hair is so dry. I am trying to do all natural products, but nothing seems to work on her hair like Blue Magic, which I know is no good so I stop using it.
Just from Youtube and CN I would say her hair texture is a 4 b or c and very dry. Any suggestions. I am on my way out to buy more products for her as we speak!!!!
Thanks in advance [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
w8tn4myhair
w8tn4myhair

Back to top Go down

Dry thirsty hair Empty Re: Dry thirsty hair

Post by Tmochava 13th December 2009, 9:33 pm

Qhemet's Amla and Olive Heavy Cream is great, I use it on both my daughter's and my hair. Its great for moisturizing and you don't have to reapply until a couple of days later. When I wash her hair I also use Cantu's leave in conditioner. Ever since using these products I noticed a dramatic difference in my daughter's hair as far as moisture goes. If Qhemets is a bit too pricey and you don't want to wait for it in the mail, try the Cantu Shea butter, I hear its great and I actually bought some.

Last edited by Tmochava on 13th December 2009, 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added some info)
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 13th December 2009, 10:11 pm

I mix Kinky Curly Knot Today with, unrefined coconut oil and apply it to both mine and my sons hair. We both have a mixture of 3c hair, and he has eczema. His hair is moisturized and soft instantly and his dry scalp is releaved.
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by w8tn4myhair 14th December 2009, 12:37 am

Thank you ladies for the response. I washed her hair tonight and use the Cantu leave in by itself because last time I added some other product and it was a nightmare.
I also use the coconut oil on our hair and skin and her hair just sucks that up.
But I plan on get the Knot today and Qhemet products. I have become a product junkie. It fun buying the product, but knot when they don't work Geeezz.
Thanks once again!
w8tn4myhair
w8tn4myhair

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 14th December 2009, 3:56 pm

what shampoo are using to wash her hair? a shampoo that has sulfates is actually not meant for our highly course/texturized hair. so, prolonged use of such can dry out our hair. what are you using to deep condish? i have used aubrey organics honeysuckle rose as a deep condish. it worked very well. Moisture retention should begin in the cleansing/conditioning stage. This Thursday's CN post will be my review of a deep conditioner. stay tuned!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by w8tn4myhair 14th December 2009, 8:29 pm

I only use none sulfate shampoo. I use Dr Booners soap, trader joes shampoo, Jane Carter, we even have some shampoo bars. Yep I have become a P J.
Also I just tried to order the Qhemet products, but the are SOLD OUT...Sad
w8tn4myhair
w8tn4myhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down