CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies!

+20
Lynnieluve
coilykinks
LaToya28
laleepop14
thetiffany
KinkyNappyHappy
Treece
Intelligentbeauty
NhappyJackie
SisterBoyd
AfroButtafly
poeticlyspkng
priceless
kim
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
CocoEuro
freckledmom4
summerbreeze76
24 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 Empty Re: Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies!

Post by sweetdrk1 8th January 2011, 4:55 pm

Hi I bet it looks good, I will come back for pics. Did you use a heat protectant? You should be ok...
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 Empty Re: Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies!

Post by summerbreeze76 8th January 2011, 11:12 pm

Ok before posting a few pics let me tell you ladies what i did:

Last night I pre-pooed ( I still dont get this, but since y'all say its good to do, i did it, plus i gotta use up the Vatika Frosting), I then hopped in the shower and shampooed with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Shampoo, I've had this for a while and only used it once before, b/c i didnt like the stripped feeling. I gave it another try b/c i read that with flat ironing my hair needed to be really clean and that this was close to almost clarifying. It still felt slightly stripped, but not as much as i remembered from before. After i washed, I used Shescentits Honey Conditioning Rinse, Im going to wait on giving a real review, but i think I like it, the tangles melted away and usually after taking down mini-twists, I have a lot of tangles, my hair detangled easily and it smelled heavenly. The only negative is that this was my first time using this conditioner and the packaging is pretty cheap as well as the ink, ingredients everything washed off, so i literally have a bottle with nothing on it. I then applied Shescentits Banana Brulee Deep Conditioner, I sat with the heat cap on for an hour and then slept with it, ended up being a total of 8-9 hours deep conditioner. My hair was soft this morning, so i suppose it did what is was supposed to do, gotta give it a few more tries. When i rinsed it this morning, I applied Darcy Botanicals Leave in & I twisted my hair into about 12 twists and walked abour for about 4 hours.

My hair basically dried, i used the blow dryer to do the rest. Can Yall say nappy OMG IDK what i did wrong, but i was afraid I was going to tear my hair outta my scalp. Is that how it's supposed to be?? I had sprayed it with Aphogee green tea something (got that idea from Lynnieluv, i figured if she was using it I had to try it, Very Happy) So after that I parted my hair in very small sections, applied IC Fantasia Heat Protectant, that stuff is smooth as silk, and I went to work with the CHI. I went over the majority of my hair only twice and a few sections got a third pass What a Face I cut as I straightened each section, that was easier for me than waiting until i had completed my entire head. My ends were so jacked, IDK why i was surprised, but I was. I mighta went too far, but once i finished i went back over my head looking for ends i had missed. SO that is it sorry for the long explanation. The pics will be in my next post.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th January 2011, 11:38 pm

Sounds like you did a good job protecting your hair before you applied the heat. Ok can I see pics now? bounce
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 8th January 2011, 11:46 pm

Freshly Flat Ironed and trimmed
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 Dsc04410

2nd pass with the shears
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 Dsc04411[img][/img]

View from the other side:
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 Dsc04412

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 Dsc04413

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 Dsc04414

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 Dsc04415

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 Dsc04416

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 Dsc04417

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 Dsc04418

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 Dsc04510

This is what i cut off
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 Dsc04419

I plan to pin curl tonight. Hopefully i get good results or it will be wash day again.

Oh My 6 year old wanted you guys to know she was the Photographer!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 8th January 2011, 11:52 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Sounds like you did a good job protecting your hair before you applied the heat. Ok can I see pics now? bounce

Here they are Sweet!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th January 2011, 11:58 pm

Your photographer did a good job!! Laughing I like the style you did!! It looks great. It doesnt look like you had to cut much.

I agree about the IC heat protector. It smells good too.

I cant wait to see how your pin curls turn out. Please take pics.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 9th January 2011, 12:05 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Your photographer did a good job!! Laughing I like the style you did!! It looks great. It doesnt look like you had to cut much.

I agree about the IC heat protector. It smells good too.

I cant wait to see how your pin curls turn out. Please take pics.

Thanks Lynnie. I will def take pics.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th January 2011, 1:32 am

Your photographer is the bomb! It looks great!! I will be back to see the pin curls!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 9:47 am

WOW your straight styles are soo pretty, and tell your photographer she did AWESOME job!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th January 2011, 10:56 am

The updo is cute and your hair has a lot of shine to it, also your photographer did an excellent job Very Happy !
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 9th January 2011, 3:54 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Your photographer is the bomb! It looks great!! I will be back to see the pin curls!!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:WOW your straight styles are soo pretty, and tell your photographer she did AWESOME job!

Thank you ladies
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 9th January 2011, 3:55 pm

krazy coils wrote:The updo is cute and your hair has a lot of shine to it, also your photographer did an excellent job Very Happy !

Thank u!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 9th January 2011, 4:00 pm

Well y'all, guess where Faith
& I are??? Yep at the salon. My ends cannot be normal. I'm hoping to much
more won't need to be cut, but clearly they aren't right. They
Supposedly will just give me my trim w/o
washing since i did all that yesterday. I'd luv to
Leave here with a style, but I'm afraid to get more heat..

Also what am I doing as I type.... Waiting.
I certainly don't miss this aspect of getting hair done.

I'll post my pin curl fail tonight.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 10th January 2011, 10:27 pm

After enjoying my up do, I attempted Pin curls, can yall say EPIC FAIL. It was so messed up it was funny. Also I dont know if this was a mistake or not, but my ends looked horrid and after the pin curl disaster, I had a hard time thinking about anything else , so i called the salon and went and got much of my hair chopped off. I had never seen my ends looking like that and couldnt understand not being able to run my fingers through my newly straight hair. SO i am trying to come to grips with what i did. The stylist was cool and showed me how split my ends were. She was willing to cut as little as i wanted but I did not want to be going back and forth so i told her to take it all off. Im not loving the cut, especially since i didnt have any curls left this morning and i could not do anything about it cuz i did not wanna use heat. I have a lot of layers, which i normally love,but ive never had them at this length. I sure hope my hair grows back healthy and that i did the right thing.

Here are a pics
Pin Curl fail: a hot mess
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 02810

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 03210

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 03310

What i came up with after the pin curl fiasco:

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 03910

The ends i could not deal with
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 04510

Just like that its all gone:

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 04710

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 04810

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 05110

This morning: Curls are gone mostly
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 05410

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 05510

The curless back
Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 4 05910

So that is that :=(

Crying or Very sad
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 10th January 2011, 10:32 pm

I hope when i do twists they turn out ok, thats hoping my hair reverts. Im sorry yall for being bahhumbug, I will get myself out of this funk.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th January 2011, 11:02 pm

*hugs* it will be ok!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 10th January 2011, 11:07 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:*hugs* it will be ok!

Thank You Sweet, appreciate it!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 12th January 2011, 2:29 pm

Hey Summerbreeze,

Like Sweet said, it'll be okay. Sorry your feeling bahumbug or in a funk but you'll recover and bounce back in no time. But based on the pics and your post if you weren't happy with your ends then you did what you had to do. Your hair looks good after the cut - healthier I guess is the better word. And healthy hair is better than length any day, IMO. Very Happy Good luck with bouncing back. Looking forward to following your progress.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 12th January 2011, 3:00 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey Summerbreeze,

Like Sweet said, it'll be okay. Sorry your feeling bahumbug or in a funk but you'll recover and bounce back in no time. But based on the pics and your post if you weren't happy with your ends then you did what you had to do. Your hair looks good after the cut - healthier I guess is the better word. And healthy hair is better than length any day, IMO. Very Happy Good luck with bouncing back. Looking forward to following your progress.

Thank You DvaAuNaturel.

I do agree that healthy hair is better then length any day. That is what is getting me through this. I know it will grow back in no time and when i doubt that i take a look at some of the followers hair on this site and it motivates me. I appreciate your support!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild 12th January 2011, 4:21 pm

[quote="summerbreeze76"] So after that I parted my hair in very small sections, applied IC Fantasia Heat Protectant, that stuff is smooth as silk, and I went to work with the CHI.

Where'd you find that? I've checked Walgreens and nothing so far. No Walmart near me...

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 12th January 2011, 4:30 pm

[quote="moonchild"]
summerbreeze76 wrote: So after that I parted my hair in very small sections, applied IC Fantasia Heat Protectant, that stuff is smooth as silk, and I went to work with the CHI.

Where'd you find that? I've checked Walgreens and nothing so far. No Walmart near me...

I found it at Target.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 12th January 2011, 4:44 pm

Looks good to me.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 12th January 2011, 6:02 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Looks good to me.

Thank You!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 17th January 2011, 4:44 pm

Ok I am really trying not to get pissed. I just posted and the daggone computer deleted it all

This whole taking care of your hair thingy is a lot of work. I have basically been doing hair, mine my daughters, since yesterday afternoon.

So yesterday i finally made my way to a local Indian Store. I got some powders, Brahmi, Aritha, and Shikakai and Dabur Vatika Oil. Im not sure how to use the powders yet, but im excited.

I started out by Prepooing my hair with Dabur Vatika Oil and i added a little of Hairvedas, Vatika Frosting, hoping that it would take the not so pleasant smell away. I prepooed for a couple of hours. I then washed with KBB Conditioning Shampoo and detangled with Shescentits Honey Conditioner. I Then DC with Shescentits Banana Brulee COnditioner and Avocado Oil. I applied the DC like you would a perm and just kinda smoothed the avocado oil on the length of my hair. (thanks intelligentlybeauty for the tip) I left this in over night. Can i say that i am really beginning to like Shescentits and OMG my hair this morning was like butter. Curls were popping and it was so soft and managable.

I then applied Kimmaytubes LI and twisted with very small amounts of Sheamoisture Deep Mask, Hairvedas Almond Glaze, KBN Eucalyptus Gel and I sealed with Burnt Sugar Pomade.

So ladies, I am still trying to adjust to the shorter do. I have no hang time, i basically feel like i BC'd. My hair looks very healthy and the curls are very pretty. I am going to play with it later and find something suitable to keep the twists in during the week. Im trying not to wear it out much. Im excited to see the growth and hoping for the best. You ladies definitely keep me inspired and motivated.

Oh I almost forgot. My hairs seems to have reverted quite well. I still have the straight hair in my bang area, but even it is better. So im gonna say i dont really see any heat damage.

Ill post pics shortly.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 17th January 2011, 5:31 pm

Well....so much has gone on in the last few days I don't know where to start, but I admire you for going to the salon and getting your ends cut. I was trying to hold on to mine like an ole boyfriend.

Just keep taking care of your hair and you will see growth in no time.

I kinda laughed inside when you were talking about how long it took you to do your hair. I was like yeah....it use to take me 2 hrs and yesterday it took 5...I'm like really!! I know I can't leave out a step, but it is talking all day now!! So I know how you feel.

Hang in there, and I can't wait to see the pictures. I'm sure it's very cute!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next