CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies!

+20
Lynnieluve
coilykinks
LaToya28
laleepop14
thetiffany
KinkyNappyHappy
Treece
Intelligentbeauty
NhappyJackie
SisterBoyd
AfroButtafly
poeticlyspkng
priceless
kim
krazy coils
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
CocoEuro
freckledmom4
summerbreeze76
24 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 3 Empty Re: Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies!

Post by summerbreeze76 26th November 2010, 7:02 pm

Hey ladies. Ive watched enough videos. I hope this turns out like I want it to. Wish me luck.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 3 Empty Re: Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies!

Post by Lynnieluve 26th November 2010, 7:43 pm

Good luck!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 27th November 2010, 10:38 pm

Your mini twists are beautiful! Can't wait to see the BKO.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 28th November 2010, 9:39 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:Your mini twists are beautiful! Can't wait to see the BKO.

Thank You!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 28th November 2010, 9:52 pm

Well here are the results. I dont really like it, but maybe I will get better the more I attempt this style:

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 3 02210[img][/img]

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 3 03010

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 3 03610

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 3 03710

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 3 06510

Here are some pics of my Twist out from mini twists a couple of weeks ago:

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 3 00110

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 3 00310

Re-engaging in My CurlStreet: Hey Ladies! - Page 3 00410

summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 28th November 2010, 10:05 pm

looks like you did a great job! It looks nice!!!! I know how you feel though, my first twist n curl i didnt like but everyone said it was nice. the twist out looks good too
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th November 2010, 10:32 pm

It turned out cute!!!

I didnt like the results of my twist and curl either. The curls were too tight for me. I think when/if I try it again, I will do it on blown out/dry hair.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th November 2010, 10:41 pm

Looks great!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 30th November 2010, 6:50 pm

Hey Summerbreeze. Stopping by and meant to ask you- are you using the Aveda Defining Whip along with a gel? And if so- that is successful for you? I have always only used it atop my conditioner and sealed with a butter.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 30th November 2010, 10:09 pm

thetiffany wrote:looks like you did a great job! It looks nice!!!! I know how you feel though, my first twist n curl i didnt like but everyone said it was nice. the twist out looks good too

Thank You!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 30th November 2010, 10:10 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:It turned out cute!!!

I didnt like the results of my twist and curl either. The curls were too tight for me. I think when/if I try it again, I will do it on blown out/dry hair.

Thank You! Yea this is a style that i wont be attempting again until i get more length.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 30th November 2010, 10:10 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Looks great!

Thank You!
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 30th November 2010, 10:12 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey Summerbreeze. Stopping by and meant to ask you- are you using the Aveda Defining Whip along with a gel? And if so- that is successful for you? I have always only used it atop my conditioner and sealed with a butter.

This was only my first time using it. I did use gel this time, but maybe when i use it again i will eliminate the gel. Does it provide a good hold for you?
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 30th November 2010, 10:53 pm

Actually it does provide great hold for me and lasts several days. I was just curious about adding a gel. Thanks!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 1st December 2010, 9:02 am

Your twist n curl is cute. I feel you on the length thing though. I did a braid n curl back in the summer and I wasn't really feeling it, and felt that I would like it more with more length.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 8th December 2010, 4:45 pm

Your tnc looks nice. Have you gotten any of your Black Friday orders yet?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 13th December 2010, 4:37 pm

your style looks great how long did it take you to do the mini twist?
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 27th December 2010, 11:12 pm

Sorry for the late response.

freckledmom4 wrote:Your tnc looks nice. Have you gotten any of your Black Friday orders yet?
I have recieved all of my BF products. The last which was Hairveda came week before last.

priceless wrote:your style looks great how long did it take you to do the mini twist?
It took me about 4-5 hours.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 27th December 2010, 11:22 pm

Hey Ladies. Just a quick update. I have been kinda neglecting my hair lately and going with what i know works. I received all of my BF and Cyber Monday products. I ordered from Oyin (im loving the BSP, it has a really sweet smell, which im not a fan of, but the smell calms down once i put it in my hair. Ive been sealing my ends with it) other products I got are Hairveda, Shescentit, Darcy's and Qhemet. Most of what i ordered were Conditioners.

The only one i have used thus far is Darcy's DC, daily LI and Vanilla Styling Cream. So far i am really liking the Leav in and the the styling cream. Im sorry to say that i am not loving the DC. Ive tried it twice and my hair is snap crackling and popping after i rinse it out. I plan on giving it one more go b4 i decide that it is not for me. I will probably try Shescentit next. I have a DC and a conditioner from them that is supposedly good for Cowashing, so i will use that to detangle my hair after washing. I dont really cowash anymore. I need the suds due to working out. Thanks to Lynnieluve Im really liking the Cream of Nature Moisturizing Shampoo.

Anyway just wanted to say hello. Have a Happy New Year!

Oh yea Im thinking about straightening my hair this week, just to see what it looks like, so i will be on the lookout for a heat protectant. Anyone know of a good one let me know.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th December 2010, 12:06 am

*raising my hand* you can toss that Darcy DC this way! My hair loves it! I will be back to check out the straight hair! Quite a few folks have straighten lately I m sure they will have suggestions!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th December 2010, 12:09 am

I'm glad to hear you tried the Creme of Nature shampoo and liked it. I know it has sulfates in it but it does not strip the hair.

I've watched a few videos on straightening/heat protectants. Across the board (texture wise) curlies like the IC Fantasia Straightening Serum (not sure if that's the correct name but it's in a hot pink bottle). I picked up a bottle myself. I plan to straightening and trimming my hair really soon. I havent had a trim since early July.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 28th December 2010, 12:51 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:*raising my hand* you can toss that Darcy DC this way! My hair loves it! I will be back to check out the straight hair! Quite a few folks have straighten lately I m sure they will have suggestions!

You are free to have it after my third try if i dont pass it along to my daughter who is relaxed. Right now i dont have much faith that it will work for me. I replicated all the same products from the 1st time and got the same results. I used it on my younger daughters hair too and was not pleased.

Lynnieluve wrote:I'm glad to hear you tried the Creme of Nature shampoo and liked it. I know it has sulfates in it but it does not strip the hair.

I've watched a few videos on straightening/heat protectants. Across the board (texture wise) curlies like the IC Fantasia Straightening Serum (not sure if that's the correct name but it's in a hot pink bottle). I picked up a bottle myself. I plan to straightening and trimming my hair really soon. I havent had a trim since early July.

Lynnie thanks for the info. I will be heading to Walmart after work tomorrow.
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th December 2010, 6:12 pm

Please keep us posted on how you like the products purchased during the BF sales.

Happy, safe New Year!

sweetdrk1 wrote:*raising my hand* you can toss that Darcy DC this way! My hair loves it! I will be back to check out the straight hair! Quite a few folks have straighten lately I m sure they will have suggestions!
Daggone it sweet beat me again!!!!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 8th January 2011, 4:46 pm

Well ladies i took the plunge....I flat ironed my hair this morning. I will post some Pics later. I had to cut quite a bit, my ends were awful and im still not too sure how good of a job i did with them. Im trying to stop worrying that my hair wont curl back up, but i am really frightened. I am going to need serious help if this hair doesnt cooperate. Rolling Eyes

I may even wash it tomorrow. Right now it is in a simple up do, cuz after straigthening it, then cutting it I was afraid to go back over it with the flat iron to curl it. Tonight i will try the Pin Curl thingy and see what i come out with in the AM.

Im just going to believe that God has this cuz he knows i will lose it..... Smile
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th January 2011, 4:54 pm

Please don't lose it. I am still nervous myself but I dont plan to wash it until it really start revert back which will probably be sometime next week.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next