CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what is henna and what does it do for you hair?

5 posters

Go down

what is henna and what does it do for you hair? Empty what is henna and what does it do for you hair?

Post by naturalrose 7th February 2010, 10:59 pm

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum. I have been transitioning since November 2007 and I am enjoying the ride. I have about an inch of relaxer left on my ends. I decided to go the grow out route rather than chopping it all off.

So to my question. I really enjoy trying new natural hair products (when I can afford to purchase them.) I have seen many posts about henna. What that all about?

would someone explain to me what it is and what it does for your hair? thanks!

naturalrose

Back to top Go down

what is henna and what does it do for you hair? Empty Re: what is henna and what does it do for you hair?

Post by envizionj 8th February 2010, 7:33 pm

Welcome naturalrose, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Go here http://www.hennaforhair.com/freebooks/hennaforhair.pdf to download or read all about henna.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

what is henna and what does it do for you hair? Empty Re: what is henna and what does it do for you hair?

Post by R2D2 8th February 2010, 7:47 pm

I do it for these reasons:

1. The conditioning benefits
2. To permanently cover my grey hairs
3. To avoid using chemical box dyes which I have found very damaging for my hair in the past
4. To get an all natural product with no artificial substances in it such as PPD and others which have question marks over them in terms of effect on long term health.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th February 2010, 4:33 pm

R2D2 wrote:I do it for these reasons:

1. The conditioning benefits
2. To permanently cover my grey hairs
3. To avoid using chemical box dyes which I have found very damaging for my hair in the past
4. To get an all natural product with no artificial substances in it such as PPD and others which have question marks over them in terms of effect on long term health.

So R2D2

How long does your grey hair stay covered with using henna? I'm thinking about doing a henna, so I have to explore my options.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th February 2010, 4:36 pm

envizionj wrote:Welcome naturalrose, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Go here http://www.hennaforhair.com/freebooks/hennaforhair.pdf to download or read all about henna.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi envizionj~

You always have such great information. Thank you for introducing me to this site...what a wealth of information I'm finding here. I'm printing this so I can read. Gotta do a henna to cover my grey and I guess this is going to be the best way to go.

Keep in touch
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 10th February 2010, 6:22 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
So R2D2

How long does your grey hair stay covered with using henna? I'm thinking about doing a henna, so I have to explore my options.

It's permanent for me. The more you do it the colour becomes richer and deeper.

The other thing I find good about henna is that you can coat the whole hair on every application instead of just touching up the roots as with chemical dyes. This makes it a lot easier to do and the whole hair gets a conditioning treatment at the same time.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChick 19th February 2010, 11:19 pm

thanks for this post, I was wondering the same thing!
CurlyChick
CurlyChick

http://www.chichichick.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down