CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TWA Grow-Out Challenge (Month 3)

+18
DvaAuNaturel
LadyMika
MissNaturalBeautii
~JOME~
ShortNSassie
curlynattie10
newcurlieque
CiaE
cutiezphib
KeAnia
marhia
missmoriah
Karameldiva1978
WhosThatRedHead
freckledmom4
CrissyQ
TwistedKurlzz
tashafawn24
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TWA Grow-Out Challenge (Month 3) - Page 3 Empty Re: TWA Grow-Out Challenge (Month 3)

Post by KeAnia 28th August 2010, 10:42 pm

Hi Ladies

Just checking in with some new pics I've taken.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

TWA Grow-Out Challenge (Month 3) - Page 3 Empty Re: TWA Grow-Out Challenge (Month 3)

Post by ~JOME~ 29th August 2010, 12:47 am

curlynattie10 wrote:Jome,

beautiful growth & curls! You came a long way from your avi! Keep on keeping on!

Thanks!
~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

TWA Grow-Out Challenge (Month 3) - Page 3 Empty Comparison

Post by MissNaturalBeautii 31st August 2010, 10:19 pm

I havent really been posting lately but here is a comparison shot of my growth in 4 months

2Days Post BC

4months Natural
MissNaturalBeautii
MissNaturalBeautii

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 2nd September 2010, 2:33 pm

Okay ladies. I know I don't be up in here much (or AT ALL--life has taken over once again...), but I come bearing pics! Smile I don't have a pic for the beginning of August, but I have one for the end:

Here's the end of June/beginning of July:

And here's the end of August/beginning of September (as of today--fresh co-wash to boot):

And that's all I got for now. I'll be updating my CSJ today (hopefully) with a run down on product changes (again) and other goings on. Smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 2nd September 2010, 2:42 pm

july

september

CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 3rd September 2010, 4:52 pm

September 2010

Popped in to share a few pics:

Yaay for my puff!!! lol
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 3rd September 2010, 4:55 pm

Look at you! Your hair is doing great, what are you doing? LOL
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 3rd September 2010, 5:01 pm

Thanks Crissy....I've pretty much stopped w n g's cause I don't like the shrinkage anymore. I'm not doing anything special though. Just wash, condish & deep condish once a week. I usually twist it, wear those for a few days then wear a twistout until wash time again. I'm getting ready to begin wearing Fluffy Twists though to give my hair a rest cause I feel like I'm playing in it too much. I switched back to HEHH because I could not get my hands on YTC....every where was sold out. That's pretty much it.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 6th September 2010, 1:28 am

Is the TWA challenge continuing for a 4th month into September? If so, I'd love to join you guys. I'm back to a true TWA since I just BC'd again and with the color I'll definitely need to focus on keeping my hair healthy and help pamper it to grow, grow, grow.

You all are looking fabulous by the way. What great growth since the challenge started!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by curlynattie10 6th September 2010, 8:01 pm

Haven't gotten to the length check yet, will do! But here is a pic with coils! Newcurlique, you are definitely inspiring me!

curlynattie10
curlynattie10

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 15th September 2010, 4:45 pm

aawww... thanks Curlynattie! wow you did a great job on the coils.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 15th September 2010, 6:40 pm

Hey yall! Haven't done anything to my hair lately; just enjoying my wng while it's still hot out! Everyone's hair looks beautiful up in here!

tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 18th September 2010, 8:45 pm

Okay ladies, after two months, I finally have some updates to share and I'm loving how my hair is progressing. I guess I'll continue my cornrows and rocking my wigs through the fall. I plan to invest in two good lacefronts. If anyone else is wigging, I'd love some input b/c I'm lost.

Day after BC 5/15/2010:

Two weeks after BC-- 5/28/2010

My July 4th 'fro (the last time I took pics of my hair):

My hair last night and today, 9/18/2010:
(fresh from shower and conditioner rinse)

Now the host an image is screwed up, hold on y'all I have much more. Let me see what's up.

TashaFawn24,
Your hair is gorgeous!! Are you still using KCCC? If so, I'd love to know how you're applying it. It used to work wonders on my hair, but now that my twa has some length and fluffiness, I can't seem to get it to cooperate and look decent anymore.

Btw, baby girl is gorgeous too! I love that big pretty smile.

Last edited by Karameldiva1978 on 18th September 2010, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 18th September 2010, 8:53 pm

I can make a puff!!!!! YYYYAAAAYYY!!!!! This is one of my goals ACCOMPLISHED and five more to go!! I love my curlie puff!

I'm back to braids and wigging it next week!! I think I'm on to something, I'll update in two more months!!

Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 19th September 2010, 12:49 pm

hey yall haven't been here in a lil min. Been so busy but here is a pic I took last night on the way out.
marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 19th September 2010, 3:22 pm

Karameldiva1978 wrote:Okay ladies, after two months, I finally have some updates to share and I'm loving how my hair is progressing. I guess I'll continue my cornrows and rocking my wigs through the fall. I plan to invest in two good lacefronts. If anyone else is wigging, I'd love some input b/c I'm lost.

Day after BC 5/15/2010:

Two weeks after BC-- 5/28/2010

My July 4th 'fro (the last time I took pics of my hair):

My hair last night and today, 9/18/2010:
(fresh from shower and conditioner rinse)

Now the host an image is screwed up, hold on y'all I have much more. Let me see what's up.

TashaFawn24,
Your hair is gorgeous!! Are you still using KCCC? If so, I'd love to know how you're applying it. It used to work wonders on my hair, but now that my twa has some length and fluffiness, I can't seem to get it to cooperate and look decent anymore.

Btw, baby girl is gorgeous too! I love that big pretty smile.

Let me just say for the record; You have the most prettiest smile I have ever seen! You are so beautiful! Very Happy
I love your hair growth so far so whatever you're doing Miss Lady...Keep it up! Your hair look so healthy and soft too!
Yes, I'm still using Kccc because my hair loves this stuff! I haven't been able to find another product like it. I know exactly what you are talking about when your hair has gotten some length to it and it SEEMS like the product no longer works anymore! I had to change the way I applied it to my hair. When my hair was short all I did was slick it in and I was good to go but then my hair started to get thicker and that way didn't work anymore. So I apply it in sections now and use the raking method; I start from the bottom and work my way up to the top. I can get a week out of that wash N go easily by tying it up at night and spritzing it with water in the morning. It normally takes me an hour now since my hair is thicker but an hour's time and being able to wear it out for a week is well worth the time, I would say!

Yeah, when I took that picture I had no idea that my baby was in the back cheesing behind me! Thank You! Too bad I wasn't able to get a picture of my 3 year-old (her seat was behind me) because she can be real silly too! LOL!
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 19th September 2010, 3:31 pm

marhia wrote:hey yall haven't been here in a lil min. Been so busy but here is a pic I took last night on the way out.

Alright now! Don't hurt 'em! I see Marhia's signature style is something that I have yet to duplicate!! *Shaking Fists @Lucy*
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 19th September 2010, 4:12 pm

tashafawn24 wrote:
marhia wrote:hey yall haven't been here in a lil min. Been so busy but here is a pic I took last night on the way out.

Alright now! Don't hurt 'em! I see Marhia's signature style is something that I have yet to duplicate!! *Shaking Fists @Lucy*
Yes girl i'm gonna need you and lucy to get it together over there please lol No but you hair is looking beautiful and you are looking beautiful as usual with you awesome glow on your face.
marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 20th September 2010, 9:34 am

I haven't been posting in this challenge since forever but my fro is on the grow. I am now 7 months post chop and below are a couple of pictures of my wild woman hair. (my camera isn't here so I took them with my cell phone)

**My big chop photo is in my siggy**

This hair is serious! I mean, is that really still considered a TWA? If so, I don't know if I can handle anymore hair. The thickness of this stuff is killing me. I hate dealing with it so I'm either in a puff or braided/twisted under a wig. I'm still in love with Castor Oil--that oil is the truth! I've discovered my staples and I'm loving the simplicity of it.

This is the longest that my natural hair has ever been so I am entering new territory. I'm so shocked that I haven't broken down and cut my hair yet, lol. I am hanging in there but I am soooo bored with my hair. I have on the other hand, become obsessed with wigs. They're just too much fun.
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 26th September 2010, 10:49 pm

you guys!!!!! hey!!! i haven't been in here in a while but my hair is on the friggin grow. is this even TWA???? im thinkin not but here it is anyways Smile
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 28th September 2010, 12:47 pm

Pretty missmoriah...love the new avi too
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by curlynattie10 30th September 2010, 10:54 pm

Miss Moriah & KnottyKinkyMommy - your hair has grown so much! Beautiful!

Tasha - thanks for the update on the wash & go, I may try doing the sectioning and raking method. I just noticed now that my hair gets too dry since it has some length to it now.

I am still coiling and love it. I have been getting a lot of complements and I noticed that my hair is keeping moisture. Thanks LaToya & NewCurlieque for the how to and pics of coils.

Tried twisting last week, I did not like it at all! They were puffy and did not lay down as good as the coils. Does anyone have advice on twists? confused
curlynattie10
curlynattie10

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 1st October 2010, 12:28 pm

Nattie...you may need to make your twists smaller. To get mine to lay down sometimes I clip them down before I tie my satin scarf on. That seems to help.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by curlynattie10 5th October 2010, 3:12 pm

Newcurlieque - Thanks for the tip! I will try! Do you do your twists with your hair dry or wet? I am trying to cut down on the shrinkage.

BTW, it is my 6 month anniversary since BC (4/3/10)

Close to a year since I stopped using the relaxer (11/22/09) !

cheers

Hubby said that he is very proud of me being natural so long! Woo hoo! Razz
curlynattie10
curlynattie10

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 5th October 2010, 3:22 pm

Congrats on ur anniversary yaaaay run

I recently have started to do mine on dry hair now for more hang time lol.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next