CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TWA Grow-Out Challenge (Month 3)

+18
DvaAuNaturel
LadyMika
MissNaturalBeautii
~JOME~
ShortNSassie
curlynattie10
newcurlieque
CiaE
cutiezphib
KeAnia
marhia
missmoriah
Karameldiva1978
WhosThatRedHead
freckledmom4
CrissyQ
TwistedKurlzz
tashafawn24
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TWA Grow-Out Challenge (Month 3) - Page 2 Empty Re: TWA Grow-Out Challenge (Month 3)

Post by cutiezphib 10th August 2010, 10:51 am

Ladies everyone is looking great!!! I didn't take any new pics yet but I will get some asap!! I'm having a problem with my hair...it seems to be shedding really bad...I am pregnant with twins but it seems like everything I do as far as deep cond treatments isn't slowing the shedding down. If anyone has any tips to help me I love to hear them!!!(This is my second pregnancy, didn't have this problem first time around)
cutiezphib
cutiezphib

Back to top Go down

TWA Grow-Out Challenge (Month 3) - Page 2 Empty Re: TWA Grow-Out Challenge (Month 3)

Post by missmoriah 10th August 2010, 11:43 am

marhia look at that growth your twists look so juicy!!! I am so jealous!!! and that style is really cute! keep it up!
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marhia 10th August 2010, 5:41 pm

missmoriah wrote:marhia look at that growth your twists look so juicy!!! I am so jealous!!! and that style is really cute! keep it up!
Thank ya hunny. I'm so used to braiding so I'm trying to step out of my box lol.
marhia
marhia

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 10th August 2010, 10:21 pm

tashafawn24 wrote:
freckledmom4 wrote:
tashafawn24 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

pretty!

Thank-you! I see you're from "Bad News" Newport News, Va! I grew up in Naughty-By-Norfolk! Don't wanna claim it but hey!

No I'm actually from B-more, Home of the Wire-LOL. I went to HU and kind of got stuck. I taught in Norfolk for a while though. You sound like the Buddah Brothers on 103 Jamz from back in the day with the nicknames for the cities. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 10th August 2010, 10:43 pm

Very Beautiful, what product did you use to slick down ur edges =) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CiaE
CiaE

http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 12th August 2010, 2:24 pm

Hey Ladies

Thought I'd share today's hair...it's a twistout that I did on Tuesday. I ran my head under the shower after I took the twists down and I got this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I got so many compliments and people asking me how did I get my hair like that it was ridiculous! I twisted with Koils By Nature Herbal Soothing Gel...it gives great results!
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 13th August 2010, 12:44 am

cutiezphib wrote:Ladies everyone is looking great!!! I didn't take any new pics yet but I will get some asap!! I'm having a problem with my hair...it seems to be shedding really bad...I am pregnant with twins but it seems like everything I do as far as deep cond treatments isn't slowing the shedding down. If anyone has any tips to help me I love to hear them!!!(This is my second pregnancy, didn't have this problem first time around)

Great growth in your avatar! Congrats on the babies!! Since you've tried deep conditioning, how about a protein treatment? Maybe you need some protein, like an Aphogee treatment. With the babies (esp since you have 2 this time [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) you may have to schedule a more balanced regimen of moisture and protein. Sometimes its trial and error trying to find what our hair needs, but hopefully it will settle soon. Keep us posted on your progress.
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 13th August 2010, 1:03 am

CiaE wrote:Very Beautiful, what product did you use to slick down ur edges =) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank You! The same stuff I have in my hair (KCCC) is the same stuff I used to slick down those "Baby hairs" LOL! I use to use the Eco gel but since I wear my hair like this for at least 4-5 days at a time I didn't think it was a good idea to leave the eco on my edges for that long. I use a spray bottle with water and a baby brush to refresh it every morning if needed.
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by cutiezphib 13th August 2010, 9:51 am

Karameldiva1978 wrote:
cutiezphib wrote:Ladies everyone is looking great!!! I didn't take any new pics yet but I will get some asap!! I'm having a problem with my hair...it seems to be shedding really bad...I am pregnant with twins but it seems like everything I do as far as deep cond treatments isn't slowing the shedding down. If anyone has any tips to help me I love to hear them!!!(This is my second pregnancy, didn't have this problem first time around)

Great growth in your avatar! Congrats on the babies!! Since you've tried deep conditioning, how about a protein treatment? Maybe you need some protein, like an Aphogee treatment. With the babies (esp since you have 2 this time [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) you may have to schedule a more balanced regimen of moisture and protein. Sometimes its trial and error trying to find what our hair needs, but hopefully it will settle soon. Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks!!! I was thinking about doing a aphogee treatment this weekend because thats the only product i know that stops the shedding/breakage right then(atleast for awhile in some cases). However, a girlfriend of mine suggested that I just wear cornrows on and off...So I'm thinking I may give that a shot! I'm getting lazy anyway and it is so freakn hot here in North Mississippi that may just work!! I will keep everyone posted on my progress!! Thanks Again [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cutiezphib
cutiezphib

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 13th August 2010, 11:15 am

cutiezphib wrote:
Karameldiva1978 wrote:

Thanks!!! I was thinking about doing a aphogee treatment this weekend because thats the only product i know that stops the shedding/breakage right then(atleast for awhile in some cases). However, a girlfriend of mine suggested that I just wear cornrows on and off...So I'm thinking I may give that a shot! I'm getting lazy anyway and it is so freakn hot here in North Mississippi that may just work!! I will keep everyone posted on my progress!! Thanks Again [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Have you tried a tea rinse? I've read the caffiene stops the hair folicle from releasing the hair. The lady on www.keepitsimplesista.blogspot swears by tea rinses and her hair is down to her waist. I realize that you may not want to expose the babies to caffiene, but it was just a thought.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by cutiezphib 13th August 2010, 11:19 am

@ Freckles, I heard about those but never really got the nerves up to do it...I may give it a shot thanks for the suggestion! Oh and I am not worried about the caffine they get alittle dr. pepper a day its hard trying to let go of it plus it keeps the headache down!!!
cutiezphib
cutiezphib

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 17th August 2010, 12:49 pm

sorry if I have been missing in action, its just that nothing new has been going on with my hair. However I did do some coils

CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 17th August 2010, 2:39 pm

CrissyQ wrote:sorry if I have been missing in action, its just that nothing new has been going on with my hair. However I did do some coils

aawww your looking good Crissy!!!
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 20th August 2010, 11:24 pm

My newest set of twists August 2010

compared to my first set...July 2010

Last edited by WhosThatRedHead on 20th August 2010, 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more info)
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by curlynattie10 21st August 2010, 6:15 pm

Cutiez,

Have you tried castor oil? I did the castor oil challenge and it really made my hair grow in thicker, may want to try that as well.
curlynattie10
curlynattie10

Back to top Go down

Post by curlynattie10 21st August 2010, 6:26 pm

Ladies,
I have been MIA for a while. Can't post pics now because my 7 year old computer died and all of my pics are in there! Sad However, here is an update. My hair is between 2 and 3.75 inches (longest hair is in the back), but the top of my head is starting to catch up. My regimen has calmed down a lot since the 100+ degree days have been happening in Philly! I use Everyday Shea Moisturizer as a daily cowash and I have been using a pick or wide tooth comb to distribute it through my head, great detangler. I have been using shea butter and jojoba oil as sealers. I occasionally use KKKC & Pretty Natural Oil Conditioner if I want to look curly. Have been doing the wash and gos, not anything else.
curlynattie10
curlynattie10

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 22nd August 2010, 12:47 am

Is it too late for me to join?

Month 2

Month 3

ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 22nd August 2010, 12:49 am

Never too late SnS!! That's some great growth!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 22nd August 2010, 12:53 am

thank u.
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 22nd August 2010, 4:14 pm

SNS, your twist looks good. What do you use?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 22nd August 2010, 4:35 pm

Thanks crissyq. I use ORS lock and twist gel with cantu shea butter leave in underneath.
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 22nd August 2010, 9:52 pm

Hey Ladies!!!! I been MIA fa sho' LOL and i miss u guys! My life has just been so friggin busy lately! Nothing new with my hair i guess...i been contemplating a relaxer for some reason I am just so bored with styles and don't want to take the time to do my hair it takes forever!!!! I also wanna dye my hair jet black like so black that i looks blue when the sun hits it. Any suggestions? My boyfriend says my hair is already black and it is but i want it to be a crisp black. Do you guys think thats silly? Do you think the dye would make a difference since my hair is already dark? I need some help and suggestions yall!!!
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curlynattie10 24th August 2010, 11:49 am

MissMoriah,

Don't use the relaxer! Your hair and you worked so hard! Maybe put it in braids for a while to give it and you some time off. Or go to a natural stylist and let them create a style that would last a couple of weeks. I am definitely thinking of doing that. Maybe a rinse will help it look blue? I haven't dyed my hair yet, but I have been thinking about it. I want it a lighter brownish color. Everyone is raving about henna, I think it is time for me to do some homework about this, maybe you can do some research too.
curlynattie10
curlynattie10

Back to top Go down

Post by ~JOME~ 25th August 2010, 8:05 pm

Long time, no see folks! I've been busy with school and work so here's a quick update for ya! I've been doing my youtube twists from last time and twistouts as my staple styles. Lucy has been growing like crazy and as a result, my mother desperately wants to straighten my hair so it will look "cuter with a bob". Shocked Go figure. Anyway, here some pics to enjoy. Until next time....

~JOME~
~JOME~

Back to top Go down

Post by curlynattie10 27th August 2010, 11:01 am

Jome,

beautiful growth & curls! You came a long way from your avi! Keep on keeping on!
curlynattie10
curlynattie10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next