CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In need of a Big Sis to help with my transition

2 posters

Go down

In need of a Big Sis to help with my transition Empty In need of a Big Sis to help with my transition

Post by lovelylauz02 1st August 2010, 11:33 am

Help, I just decided a few weeks ago to get rid of the relaxers and harsh chemicals I have been putting in my hair for years. I live in Atlanta and would love a Big Sis and a stylist to help me make this transition as easy as possible.
I believe I am a 4a (I can't say for sure b/c I am not sure if I have ever seen my hair at its natural state... sadly). I want to do a long transition without the BC. I also want to find styles that will keep my hair moisturized and not looking a mess. I love the straight look and would like to keep my hair as straight as possible and keep the versatility of the curlies (if that makes sense). I want it all and am willing to do what it takes to get my hair to a chemical free state.

Thanks in advance, I need all the help I can get.

Lauren
lovelylauz02
lovelylauz02

Back to top Go down

In need of a Big Sis to help with my transition Empty Re: In need of a Big Sis to help with my transition

Post by Hurricane Curly 3rd August 2010, 7:28 pm

Hi Lauren,

I'm pretty new to natural hair care but not necessarily natural hair. I had a very long transition almost 2 years (this time). In the past, I did do a B/C but this last transition I wanted something different. Hence, the long transition. I will try to help. I don't know if I can but I am willing to try. My hair type is similar to yours 4a/b and some c. Prior to my transition I had a wave nouveau so I had to use a lot of moisturizers/conditioners to keep my hair from breaking off. I wore tracks, flat iron, (not recommended at all because of the possible heat damage that could occur) but mainly I loved my little bob wig. When I wore my own hair, Smile I usually wore twist outs. So that's a little background on me

In order to keep your hair moisturized, you have to experiment and find out what makes your hair feel soft. My hair does not really like a lot of protein but your hair might. My hair really loves Herbal essence hello hydration and coconut oil as a sealer to keep the moisture in. Full strength shea butter is to heavy for my hair, but you'll have to find out what works for your hair.

You said you like the straight look so I would recommend a heat protectant if flat ironing your hair. However, caution, caution, caution, you don't want to spend all that time growing your hair out then not have your natural curl pattern. It's just like having relaxed hair, you'll have to cut it off to get rid of it.

Chemical free hair is actually easy to achieve, accepting your naturally curly hair is another thing. I hope you find some tips for transitioning and hair care.

I hope I can help you.
Hurricane Curly [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down