CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brands of Coconut Milk For Hennaing - Some Have Too Much Sodium

2 posters

Go down

Brands of Coconut Milk For Hennaing - Some Have Too Much Sodium Empty Brands of Coconut Milk For Hennaing - Some Have Too Much Sodium

Post by envizionj 1st August 2010, 10:49 am

I normally use Jamila Summer Crop 2009 Henna with 2 tablespoons of Hesh Amla, 1 tablespoon Hesh Brahmi, 1 tablespoon of Hesh Maka mixed with Deer Park or Poland Spring water.

I wanted to try coconut milk in my henna mix, but noticed on some cans that sodium is listed as one of the ingredients. I avoid a lot of salt in my diet, so I didn't want to get a migraine using it in my henna mix.

I have a can of Iberia Coconut Milk (13.5 fl oz.) and it has 15 mg of sodium.

Also, may I still use Hesh Amla in my mix?

Thank you in advance.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Brands of Coconut Milk For Hennaing - Some Have Too Much Sodium Empty Re: Brands of Coconut Milk For Hennaing - Some Have Too Much Sodium

Post by R2D2 3rd August 2010, 4:03 am

My coconut milk cans have 15mg sodium too so I presume it must be pretty standard in canned coconut milk. What about looking in a health store if you have one near by or you can always make your own coconut milk.

Another similar alternative might be to try natural, plain yoghurt?

I should think it would be fine to use amla in the mixture - this is for toning down the red, yes?
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Brands of Coconut Milk For Hennaing - Some Have Too Much Sodium Empty Re: Brands of Coconut Milk For Hennaing - Some Have Too Much Sodium

Post by envizionj 4th August 2010, 12:33 pm

Thank you R2D2. I'll check around to see if their is a sodium free brand. I don't want another indigo experience. I'm so afraid after my last episode with it.

I use Amla in my henna mix for extra curl definition. I usually use Amla, Brahmi and Maka every weekend for a deep treatment so I figured to add it to my mix so I won't have to do the treatment afterwards.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down