CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"pre-poo" for skin?

2 posters

Go down

"pre-poo" for skin? Empty "pre-poo" for skin?

Post by jac.attack 28th July 2010, 1:04 am

Ok. I know a lot of ladies pre poo because shampoo can strip the hair of its natural oil but isn't that what facial cleansers do? Some anyway? Isn't that why we have to use moisturizer after cleansing?

For about 3 or so weeks I've been using shea butter/olive oil mix before washing usually to remove makeup but since my skin is improving I've been wearing less makeup therefore not needing the mix as much so I just kept using it before I washed my face even if I wasn't wearing makeup. I still used the same soap (coalface from LUSH) the same acne medication and a mask some days but I didn't need a moisturizer as much if at all.

Does this make sense? Am I "pre pooing" my skin so I don't need a moisturizer and my skin is softer as a result? Does anyone else do this?

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

"pre-poo" for skin? Empty Re: "pre-poo" for skin?

Post by gemofacurlgirl 25th August 2010, 3:50 pm

I have tried using CO to wash my face with, someone in another forum said it would cut down on oil production . However I did not stick with it long enough to notice any results . I'm going to try using almond oil before I exfoiliate with some apricot scrub ! I'll try and do it for a few days and report back .
gemofacurlgirl
gemofacurlgirl

Back to top Go down