CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry Skin Moisturizers

+23
Babs2009
Curlz of Luv
Abisco
Juices-n-Berries
Muz
tshala
Naturally Nu*
sweetdrk1
krenea
lena73
SheeTacular
AfrikanLatina
satindoll
Zofie
CurlySpeechTherapist
AlannahAngel
tiashaunteƩ
StealMyHeartLovee
Tam
dajewel
suesue710
cutephantasm
*CurlyNikki*
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dry Skin Moisturizers Empty Dry Skin Moisturizers

Post by *CurlyNikki* 24th October 2009, 11:12 am

Anybody else have dry face skin? If so, what are you using?

I'm using (and liking) Kiss My Face Obessively Organic Startup
and shea butter to seal in the moisture.

The Kiss My face got a danger rating of 1 (out of 10) on cosmeticdatabase.com.
I'm pleased with it, but would like to find a new moisturizer to supplement the shea.
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Dry Skin Moisturizers Empty Re: Dry Skin Moisturizers

Post by cutephantasm 24th October 2009, 1:27 pm

I have weird dry skin everywhere

whats good for the body (in the winter) Aveeno...in the summer St. Ives 24 Hour moisture (their other lotions don't work for me)

Right now I use SeboCalm (its reallllyy good but from Israel...its cheap to buy in Israel but in the USA its crazy expensive!)

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin

Avalon Organics CoQ10 wrinkle defense night cream....

I have weird dry skin...its dry but products marketed to dry skin make it too oily and products for normal skin are too light. It helps if I put on one coat as soon as I wash my face...wait about 5 or so minutes for the pores to close and then put another coat. Oh and with these moisturizers I just use one pump at a time

Last edited by cutephantasm on 24th October 2009, 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : make it smaller)
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Dry Skin Moisturizers Empty dry skin solution

Post by suesue710 24th October 2009, 3:23 pm

100% raw shea butter is gods gift to the skin.... IT IS AMAZING [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

suesue710

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 24th October 2009, 7:10 pm

on my face, i use proactiv....been using that since dec 2004 and haven't looked back!

on the rest of my body, coconut oil in the summer and 100% unrefined shea butter when its colder.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 24th October 2009, 7:57 pm

dajewel wrote:on my face, i use proactiv....been using that since dec 2004 and haven't looked back!

Do you use the whole kit? I don't get pimples very often (maybe a few times a year) and have dry skin and I found the proactiv kit made my skin UBER dry and lizardy feeling! hmmm maybe if I try the moisturizer by itself?
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 24th October 2009, 8:20 pm

cutephantasm wrote:
dajewel wrote:on my face, i use proactiv....been using that since dec 2004 and haven't looked back!

Do you use the whole kit? I don't get pimples very often (maybe a few times a year) and have dry skin and I found the proactiv kit made my skin UBER dry and lizardy feeling! hmmm maybe if I try the moisturizer by itself?

i use the whole kit: cleanser, toner and moisturizer 2x/days. have you used the whole kit before? if so, how long have you used until you saw that the it made your skin dry? I also use the mud mask every 2 days to help smooth the feeling of the skin and balance the moisture level in my skin. i find the product line helps me immensely in controlling my outbreaks. i usually get two breaks a year, but i can really control them with the mask and lightning serum to clear up the dark spots that the pimples leave behind. i suggest using the the mask not as directed on the label. instead of just dabbing the pimples with the mud, put the mud on the whole face. let it stand for 10 mins (no less and no longer) and wash off. follow-up with the toner and moisturizer.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 24th October 2009, 8:38 pm

I used the whole kit as well...toner is no good for me period maybe thats y

I only used the mask 1-2x a week. I rarely get pimples, my cousin had the kit so I tried it out.
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 24th October 2009, 8:50 pm

hmmm, i do know that proactiv has a plethora of products...i believe they do have a more moisture-intense product than the moisturizer that comes with the set. also, if you buy their product, and doesn't work out, you can take it back for a refund/exhange.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tam 25th October 2009, 12:36 am

dajewel wrote:
on the rest of my body, coconut oil in the summer and 100% unrefined shea butter when its colder.

I use coconut oil on my body, too. Last year I had to have surgery and as the lady was prepping me she kept commenting (as well as other staffers) on how creamy and soft my skin was. She said she has never saw skin that creamy. My skin was so soft the adhesive stickers they had to put on my chest kept coming off, lol. Once I told her what I've been using (for years) she said she was going to run to the health store to pick some up on her break. I even think I remember hearing her compare my skin to a baby's bottom. It was cute. Now if only my face had the smoothness of my body [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].
Tam
Tam

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 25th October 2009, 11:17 am

Tam wrote:
dajewel wrote:

I use coconut oil on my body, too. Last year I had to have surgery and as the lady was prepping me she kept commenting (as well as other staffers) on how creamy and soft my skin was. She said she has never saw skin that creamy. My skin was so soft the adhesive stickers they had to put on my chest kept coming off, lol. Once I told her what I've been using (for years) she said she was going to run to the health store to pick some up on her break. I even think I remember hearing her compare my skin to a baby's bottom. It was cute. Now if only my face had the smoothness of my body [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

Yes, that coconut oil is the business!!!!!! I like using it after a day in the sun because it even brings out more of my natural undertones. Regardless, I just use it everyday.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by StealMyHeartLovee 25th October 2009, 9:03 pm

For my dry skin, I use Coconut Oil or Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer SPF 30.
StealMyHeartLovee
StealMyHeartLovee

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 25th October 2009, 10:46 pm

I use Shea Butter. At first I thought it was going to be too "greasy" but it's just right for me. I only apply it at night and so far my skin has been super soft. In the morning I use my Aveeno oatmeal bar and Aveeno moisturizing lotion. The Aveeno products by themselves did not do anything but adding in the Shea Butter made a huge difference.
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlannahAngel 26th October 2009, 9:24 am

I use coconut oil Surprised] it is so good and I used to have really dry skin but coconut oil cleared it up! better than a lot of lotions I've tried and trust me i've tried a lot, lol

AlannahAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 28th October 2009, 5:52 pm

I use Burt Bee's anti-aging day lotion, Aubrey's dry skin cream, some of Anita Grant's oils at night, and 100% raw/unrefined shea butter (I'm addicted) on my face. For my body I like KBB sugar scrub (you rinse the sugar off after exfoliating, but the oils stay on), and any oils like KBB jojoba or bath oil, Oyin AfterBath, Alba, etc... Some are meant for hair, but with all natural stuff it doesn't matter. The only ingredients are different mixtures of oils. I like to put them on while still wet from the shower, then pat dry and be done with it. As for lotions, KBB has a nice one along with a shea body butter. Oyin has a nice whipped shea also.

I have to get down on the coconut oil!! Smile
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Zofie 30th October 2009, 9:42 am

During the day, I use Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta Facewash and Moisturizer on my face, along with Rosehip Seed Oil around my eyes. At night, I use a concoction that I made: raw shea butter, coconut oil and lanolin. I apply this while my skin is still wet. I add a bit of fragrance to the mix to help me sleep. Right now I am adding Lavender Oil and Jasmine Oil.
Zofie
Zofie

http://www.becomingzofie.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by satindoll 30th October 2009, 11:31 am

In the winter I use Ambi Moisturizing lotion, and Shea Butter to seal in the moisture before going out in the cold. At night I only use shea butter...I think I need to get up on this coconut oil business!
satindoll
satindoll

http://public.fotki.com/buttaflyy23

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 30th October 2009, 12:03 pm

Zofie wrote:During the day, I use Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta Facewash and Moisturizer on my face, along with Rosehip Seed Oil around my eyes. At night, I use a concoction that I made: raw shea butter, coconut oil and lanolin. I apply this while my skin is still wet. I add a bit of fragrance to the mix to help me sleep. Right now I am adding Lavender Oil and Jasmine Oil.
That night time concoction sounds like something I want to try. You won't mind if I jack your mix will you? lol
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Zofie 30th October 2009, 2:18 pm

Go for it! For thickness, I add Arrowroot. Mix it up with a hand mixer. It should look like icing when you are done. Let me know what you think!!
Zofie
Zofie

http://www.becomingzofie.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 31st October 2009, 2:17 pm

only thing i use on the regular is coconut oil right out the shower i don't dry off just put it on over the water. it absorbs as you dress...gives you soft skin. i use on my face...love it..
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 31st October 2009, 9:29 pm

My skin has been very weird - before pregnancy I was the ProActiv commercial -afterwards I became dry in patches.
I found that during winter I need something heavy. I use Aveeno products all throughout the year but I use shea butter at night. I sleep with my face greased up with the shea with the bonnet (don't judge me - lol- Im sensitive - plus I have no man so Im good) and in the morning I wash it off with Aveeno extra sensitive and use Monave - rose moisturizer?
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 1st November 2009, 9:55 pm

lena73 wrote: I use Aveeno products all throughout the year but I use shea butter at night. I sleep with my face greased up with the shea with the bonnet (don't judge me - lol- Im sensitive - plus I have no man so Im good) and in the morning I wash it off with Aveeno extra sensitive and use Monave - rose moisturizer?

aveeno is very good in the winter for the body and face....the one with the oatmeal in it helps a lot esp for dry patches! for me its too heavy in the summer
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea 1st November 2009, 10:30 pm

Like several other ladies have said, I enjoy coconut oil or castor oil on my skin and hair. Pure, natural, and seals in the moisture right out of shower. Look at my greasy face! LOL!
geek
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 1st November 2009, 11:12 pm

krenea wrote:Like several other ladies have said, I enjoy coconut oil or castor oil on my skin and hair. Pure, natural, and seals in the moisture right out of shower. Look at my greasy face! LOL!
geek

Your skin is glowing, not greasy!! Haha. I love to have a little "shine" to my face!! I'm going to get some coconut oil ASAP.
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea 1st November 2009, 11:16 pm

lol! Thanks, CST78! Let me add that applying castor oil is not easy, so I've only done that a couple of times. Coconut oil is without question an awesome oil!
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd November 2009, 12:20 am

ok SOLD!!! I am getting some Coconut oil this week. Thanks ladies!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next