CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Acts of Kindness

2 posters

Go down

Random Acts of Kindness Empty Random Acts of Kindness

Post by nattyblog 12th July 2010, 10:20 pm

I sometimes have this selfish streak. There are times when I can't think of something I did that was selfless for a long time. And I can't stand to complain about world issues if I'm somehow part of the problem. I thought maybe a thread like this would be nice because we could post whenever we did (or saw or experienced) some selfless act. Maybe something as small as a compliment given to someone you don't know. Or doing someone else's hair instead of always wishing for someone to do mine....I mean yours... Rolling Eyes

Whatever. Just so that the motive was pure or at least in an effort to bring or perpetuate positivity in the atmosphere.

This is one of those days when I really can't think of something I did that was selfless for awhile, so I'm going to try to figure out something to do tomorrow and see if I can contribute to this post, lol!

Don't let that stop you though if you have something already!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Random Acts of Kindness Empty Re: Random Acts of Kindness

Post by nattyblog 14th July 2010, 7:55 pm

Okay! So I think I finally figured out why I don't do this often enough anymore. When I left my job to go to school I had fewer people to practice "my love walk" on. I remember I had to do this on a daily basis as much as I could without losing my mind at work before I left. So many people at my job had issues (including me) and we were in such close quarters. When I went to school full time, there wasn't so much of that so I didn't have the opportunity to do that as much. Or so I thought. Maybe I was just oblivious.

So I've been looking around trying to find the opportunity to do this with someone. Really, there aren't many places I'm going lately without a job....Just carting around kids and keeping house. Yesterday though, I complimented the secretary at my daughter's school. She's pretty quiet. But she had this really nice color on and it brightened up her face. So I told her that I thought it looked very pretty on her. Her face lit up like a Christmas light! I love it when that happens!

I'm trying to figure out a way to do something for my son now. He's almost a teenager now and it seems he's getting a little more withdrawn and slightly sullen and disinterested (I remember the age well). Not liking that at all. Not a clue what I can do for that. But, I'm thinking...maybe a mother/son date or something.

nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 15th July 2010, 9:11 pm

I was in CVS today and they have a buy one get one free sale on Scunci hair products. Of course I could not pass it up so I got side combs for my sister. She's constantly using mine, so it only made sense to give her a pack.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 7th August 2010, 4:29 pm

Awwww..see? One more reason I should have a sister.

I really have been in the house lately so I haven't had a chance to do or see many acts of kindness lately besides those in the home. I bought my hubby some strawberries because it's his fave fruit/dessert. I don't eat much of them. Insliced them really pretty and put them in a cute bowl. He loves that kind of stuff!

I do think my small efforts are beginning to rub off on my son! He is beginning to do more helping around the house without me having to ask! That's pretty cool. I don't like nagging.
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down