CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIC CHOP ???!!!!

5 posters

Go down

BIC CHOP ???!!!! Empty BIC CHOP ???!!!!

Post by NaturallyDee* 8th July 2010, 11:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] do you have to actually BC your hair off to be successful with going natural, I have cut a lot off over the past few months being out here in afghanistan, but i see straight strands, so I was thinking about doing a BC but i really dont want to. can i keep doing my method, or do i need to just go ahead a chop it all off , thanks for your help [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

NaturallyDee*

Back to top Go down

BIC CHOP ???!!!! Empty Re: BIC CHOP ???!!!!

Post by MzTaly 9th July 2010, 5:30 pm

No I don't think you have to. Your success is up to you. What ever you want to do is your preference. You see a lot of transitioners who keep their permed hair, but eventually with periodic trimming, all the perm pieces get cut off and you have a head full of natural. If you think you have the patience just keep doing your method.

I was thinking of long term transitioning, but I just don't like how my hair looks when I do my twist outs and braid outs. My natural roots are shiny and look healthy, but then my perm hair looks weak and limp. I'm actually thinking of doing the bc tonight. I think it's easier to do a bc, but a bc doesn't pivot success.
MzTaly
MzTaly

http://www.youngdreamsbig.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyDee* 10th July 2010, 1:16 am

ok makes a lot of sense, thank you for your input and good luck Smile

NaturallyDee*

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnicoles6 10th July 2010, 5:42 am

I did a long term transition and it worked out ok for me. The only thing is I had my hair flat ironed for the larger part of two years and occassionaly roller set. But you don't have to chop. It's still really important to take care of all of your hair and keep it moisturized a clean. I know alot of people use braids or weaves to long term transition too.
Cnicoles6
Cnicoles6

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyDee* 10th July 2010, 11:55 am

ok thank you , i was thinking about flat ironing mine, but was told that wasnt a good idea. I need to invest is a super moisturizer because I am in afghan where its like 120 daily Sad

NaturallyDee*

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 11th July 2010, 8:20 pm

You don't have to BC if you're not ready. Just make sure to take care of your permed ends and moisturize your hair...then you should be good!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by loving~me~naturally 23rd October 2010, 5:32 pm

If you are not mentally or emotionally ready for the BC don't do it. This will be my third and final attempt (I am committed for the duration this time) going natural and last night it happened. I took down my braids and began to wash my hair (did not section my hair or comb through while washing) my became so tangled and matted, I had no choice but to cut all of my hair off and I mean all of it. I was not emotionally or mentally ready for this becuase I had my mind set on the LTT. Needless to say I was sooooooo upset but I have been down this road before and did the BC in 2007 (my second attempt) so I embraced it because I look at it as a fresh start with "Natural Healthy Hair"and now I am ready to rock my low cut. If you are not ready wait until you are mentally and emotionally ready to BC you will be just fine with whatever decision you make.

loving~me~naturally 2010 Smile
loving~me~naturally
loving~me~naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down