CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chop chop went the scissors & I was free......

+12
neethair
Lynnieluve
StephanieB
PaganWifey
bholmes87
sweetdrk1
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
Intelligentbeauty
KinkyNappyHappy
Juices-n-Berries
p_nuttie43
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... Empty Chop chop went the scissors & I was free......

Post by p_nuttie43 16th February 2010, 4:49 am

well Feb. 6, 2010 I did the big chop and now i'm living in the glow of being a newly natural diva and sporting a TWA. I didn't think I could rock it but dang i'm just that unique to pull it off. Im fairly surprised at the reactions that I have been getting about my new hair. Lots of my female friends like it and say things like it fits me or I can pull it off.... my guy friends... they are men. LOL...I haven't been around all of them but some are digging it.

THis past weekend (valentine's weekend) I washed my hair with Silk Elements Megasilk Olive oil Shampoo and conditioner (which made my hair feel really stripped.. mental note: get another shampoo....) and then cowashed with the beloved HEHH. Afterwards i made a deep conditioner with some Giovanni Tea Tree Tingle and a mixture of oils that I put in a shot glass: olive oil, jojoba oil, castor oil, vitamin E oil & sweet almond oil.

Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... 19480_10Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... 19880_12

Then I Slathered it all on my head, put a plastic cap on, wrapped it in my turbie towel and let it stay on my hair for a good hour. IT was tingling all over my scalp and felt so refreshed and clean and smelled minty....

Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... 20480_10Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... 19880_13

After I finished i washed it out with warm water and then rinsed with cold water... BRRRRR is right! Man my hair felt soo soft afterwards and my curls were soo defined! I was excited! LOL Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... 678474

Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... Feb_1410

Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... Feb_1411

Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... Feb_1412

Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... Feb_1413

This was sunday night....

TOnight I finally did the 2strand twists on my hair. it took forever but i did it! Used a spray bottle with infusium 23, vitamin E oi, olive oil and water for a leave in, my shea butter mix and ic gel. we will see how they look tomorrow. I might be wearing a hat! LOL.
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... Empty Re: Chop chop went the scissors & I was free......

Post by Juices-n-Berries 16th February 2010, 5:00 am

Congrats on your BC! Can't wait to see the twist pics!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... Empty Re: Chop chop went the scissors & I was free......

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th February 2010, 9:02 am

Congratulations on your big chop cheers I'm impressed for a newbie you do have a good regiment going on so far. I agree your curls are popin!!

You will enjoy this challenge, and I look forward to following your hair journey here.

I can't wait to see the pictures of your twist!!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th February 2010, 9:36 am

You did it. Congrats Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... Icon_cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 16th February 2010, 11:46 am

Congratulations...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 16th February 2010, 12:28 pm

Thanks guys! yes i did the big chop and loving it!! LOL
@kinkynappyhappy: ive been stalking this site for some time now and doing a little hear and there from what i've read up on. The ladies on the site are sooo informative

well the twists are alright... Idon't like how they came out so I just kept a scarf on my hair today.... tomorrow i'll most likely do a twist out to see how they come out.
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 16th February 2010, 12:31 pm

Congrats on your BC! Your hair looks great!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 17th February 2010, 1:05 pm

well i did the twist out..... it came out alright I guess... all I can say is practice makes perfect... here are the results

Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... 20080_10

Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... 20080_11

Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... 20080_12

as I sit and look at myself in my handy dandy office desk mirror, i'm starting to like it.... LOL.... I can still see some straight ends sticking out here and there (where are my scissors??? ) but its pretty cool. Lets see if I can at least keep this up till Friday....
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 17th February 2010, 1:31 pm

I think your twists are cute!!! Good job...I cut my hair at my desk plenty of times when I did my b/c. Those straight ends just had to go... Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... Lol
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th February 2010, 1:45 pm

go head now! I love the new avatar! You are working it!!! I agree I think your twist out came good!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 17th February 2010, 1:48 pm

The twists were great!! The BC looks good on you Smile
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 17th February 2010, 2:09 pm

Congratulations!!!!

SLS (sodium laurel sulfate I wanna say) can really make you itch. Try sulfate free shampoos maybe?
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 17th February 2010, 2:37 pm

Thank you guys!

I like how I look with the BC too! Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... Icon_razz I did notice that my right side of my hair is shorter than the left side of the hair. Im afraid of getting it cut or shaped because idon' t want it as short as it is on the right side. Kinda want to just let it grow...you know.
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 19th February 2010, 5:20 pm

last night i gave my hair a deep conditioning that was much needed... hair felt soft and lovely and thankful!!!!
LOL....

i got my butters n bars shea butter order today!!!!! im so excited to go home and make a new shea butter mix.... i've already decided what i'm going to mix in it.

shea butter
olive oil
castor oil
Vitamin E oil
Maybe some jojoba oil
and some Vanilla EO for a yummy smell.

OH IM SO EXCITED!!!!!
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by StephanieB 19th February 2010, 5:25 pm

Congrats on your BC! I think those twists look good too. Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... Icon_biggrin Also, the closeup of your curls looks similar to my hair texture.

StephanieB

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th February 2010, 7:54 pm

p_nuttie43 wrote:last night i gave my hair a deep conditioning that was much needed... hair felt soft and lovely and thankful!!!!
LOL....

i got my butters n bars shea butter order today!!!!! im so excited to go home and make a new shea butter mix.... i've already decided what i'm going to mix in it.

shea butter
olive oil
castor oil
Vitamin E oil
Maybe some jojoba oil
and some Vanilla EO for a yummy smell.

OH IM SO EXCITED!!!!!

This mix is similar to mine.....well it's Oooop2's recipe. I used it Wednesday to do my two strand twist and my hair is so soft and moisturized. I love it!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 19th February 2010, 9:08 pm

yay! I just thought of that combination off the top of my head when i saw the secretary bringing my box! at least i know im not putting too much oil into my mixes!

Im deciding if i want to do twists again or let it fro out for a bit..... i'll see.

when you use it for your twists to do mix it with gel or some type of product to hold it.
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 19th February 2010, 10:37 pm

p-nuttie-

Congrads on your BC. You have beautiful facial features, people pay for cheeks like yours. Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... Icon_wink Your twist look great.
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 20th February 2010, 1:03 am

Im so late but congrats on the BC dear! It looks lovely.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th February 2010, 11:37 am

p_nuttie43 wrote:yay! I just thought of that combination off the top of my head when i saw the secretary bringing my box! at least i know im not putting too much oil into my mixes!

Im deciding if i want to do twists again or let it fro out for a bit..... i'll see.

when you use it for your twists to do mix it with gel or some type of product to hold it.

I didnt add any gel to so my twist are very soft. If you want some hold you could add a little gel to it.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 20th February 2010, 11:47 pm

oh ok. i dont know if my hair would stay twisted. ill have to see about that.

@ afrikanlatina: thank u!!

@ nee: everyone says that about my cheeks. lol... my 1st nickname my friends gave me was chipmunk cuz of my cheeks. lol
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 24th March 2010, 8:05 pm

its been a while since ive posted but nothing new of the hair.... ive been wearing it as a wash n go since its soo short and i've been so busy.... BUT the other day i did try a twist out.... I have far to go before I would be able to do a successful twist out....

last night I cowashed with giovanni smooth as silk and then let my hair dry about 90% then twisted my hair up with shea butter mix and ic gel.

[url=http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/stylin-and-profilin-f2/cant-get-a-twist-out-to-save-my-life-t2954.htm#]Enlarge this image
Reduce this image Click to see fullsize
Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... 25624_10[/url]

[url=http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/stylin-and-profilin-f2/cant-get-a-twist-out-to-save-my-life-t2954.htm#]Enlarge this image
Reduce this image
Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... 25624_11[/url]

put my silk bonnet over and went to bed

here are the results in the am....

Reduce this image Click to see fullsize
Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... 25624_12[/url]

Reduce this image
Chop chop went the scissors & I was free...... 25624_13[/url]

Horrendous aint it!

I don't know why but I just can't get a twist out to save my life... what am I doing wrong??? Im starting to think my hair may be to short for twist outs right now or the twists are too small... I just dont get it.
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th March 2010, 8:26 pm

it is not horrendous!! Practice makes perfect, keep at it! Talk to Lynn she is the Twist queen.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th March 2010, 9:02 pm

Peanut,

With a TWA, you have to make your twist smaller to get a successful twist out. Your twist are too big. It seems like you have product though.

Trying making you twist smaller. It helps with covering the parts too when you make them smaller.

Let us know how it turns out!!

Example: Check out Volume 2 Page 12 (middle of the page) of my BnB thread to get an idea of how many two strand twist you will need to do.

Hope this helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th March 2010, 9:53 pm

lynnie definitely gives out good twist advice. i actually stumbled across knowin i could finally do twist by makin em as big as you did but i went over it and made an extra 3 twist per chunky one.

practice does make perfect and its not horrendous, lol.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next