CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nikki-should I henna again or hendigo?

3 posters

Go down

Nikki-should I henna again or hendigo? Empty Nikki-should I henna again or hendigo?

Post by Tibard 7th July 2010, 11:59 pm

Hi Nikki,

Love the forum! I henna'd for the first time last week with ancient sunrise for dark brunette hair. I am about 25% gray. Well the gray hairs came out coppery/orange (not what I had in mind). I see your pictures and your hair is gorgeous!! Do you just henna instead of hendigo? Did your hair start out black or is that from indigo dye?

This weekend I'm thinking about just applying the henna (Ancient sunrise -Jamila 2009) to see if the coppery strands will turn a darker color (reddish). Any advice?

Thanks!

Tibard

Back to top Go down

Nikki-should I henna again or hendigo? Empty Re: Nikki-should I henna again or hendigo?

Post by Carolina Natural 9th July 2010, 3:21 pm

Hi Tibard,

According to most ladies you need to perform the 2 part process. Henna your hair first & after you wash it out immediately apply the indigo. Check out hennaforhair.com or keep browsing this site a lot of ladies use indigo after they henna. They have pictures too, but I can't remember any particular names Sorry.

Carolina Natural

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Nikki-should I henna again or hendigo? Empty Re: Nikki-should I henna again or hendigo?

Post by Tibard 10th July 2010, 12:02 am

Thanks Carolina,

I will continue to comb the columns for more info!

Tibard

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 12th July 2010, 9:55 pm

Nikki probably isn't grey. The resulting hair colour of henna depends on your starting out colour, so if you have grey you'll get coppers and reds on those hairs.

I'm grey too at the same proportion you are and I do the two step process. First do henna, rinse out and then indigo. Doing hendigo (a mixture of both at the same time) will yield brown on grey hairs. I wanted black.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down