CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMLA AND OTHER INDIAN POWDERS FOR THE SKIN

+3
ChrsLvsBks
afroness
Intelligentbeauty
7 posters

Go down

AMLA AND OTHER INDIAN POWDERS FOR THE SKIN Empty AMLA AND OTHER INDIAN POWDERS FOR THE SKIN

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th November 2009, 1:09 am

HAS ANYONE TRIED THESE INDIAN POWDERS ON THE FACE?

THERE IS AMLA, MULTANI, AND ORANGE POWDERS THAT I KNOW OF.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

AMLA AND OTHER INDIAN POWDERS FOR THE SKIN Empty Re: AMLA AND OTHER INDIAN POWDERS FOR THE SKIN

Post by afroness 14th November 2009, 4:03 am

I've tried all three and also the lemon powder. I like the results, soft moisterized feeling. I need to do it more often, I'm always jumping from one method to the next [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

However I like the Amla/ multani the best.
afroness
afroness

Back to top Go down

AMLA AND OTHER INDIAN POWDERS FOR THE SKIN Empty Re: AMLA AND OTHER INDIAN POWDERS FOR THE SKIN

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th November 2009, 6:10 am

YES, OH I AM GLAD I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE. THAT'S FUNNY. I USE THE SAME COMBO TOO. WHY HAVE YOU KEPT JUMPING FROM ONE METHOD TO THE NEXT. WERE YOU UNHAPPY WITH THE POWDERS? AND WHY?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

AMLA AND OTHER INDIAN POWDERS FOR THE SKIN Empty Ayurvedic Powders for Face

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th November 2009, 1:30 pm

Yes, I have lemon powder, neem, multani and amla. I like how my skin felt afterward. I didn't try amla on my face, just hair. I mix the lemon powder with rose water and the neem and multani with water. I stopped using them recently since I've been waking up too late for the 20 minute wait time.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 15th November 2009, 12:40 am

I use the Amla, multani, and orange powders mixed with rose water. I apply to enitre face but avoid eyes and upper lip area. I leave on for 30 mins. Remove mask careful with warm cloth. Lastly, I massage in a honey, aloe, and evoo mix to my face for moisture. Remove clean with warm cloth again then apply cold cloth to close pores. LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! Use about every 4-5 days.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by afroness 18th November 2009, 6:37 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:YES, OH I AM GLAD I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE. THAT'S FUNNY. I USE THE SAME COMBO TOO. WHY HAVE YOU KEPT JUMPING FROM ONE METHOD TO THE NEXT. WERE YOU UNHAPPY WITH THE POWDERS? AND WHY?
I was pleased with the results, I just read about alot of other methods on the web and I want to try them all...lol I guess I'm a skin care method Junkie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I pick one soon and stick with it. lol.
afroness
afroness

Back to top Go down

Post by MicaiahTy 31st May 2010, 2:19 pm

I am on my way to the indian store right now to buy more (now i am an indian store junkie) Seriously..

That MULTANI, ORANGE, and Rose powders are the BOMB. My skin has never felt this soft. I start with the orange, then Multani, every other day i swith the orange for the Rose, but Multani is my daily cleanser.

I havent tried the Lemon, but i did see it. Today i want to get some Neem and coconut oils... shoot i have a grocery list.. my indian store by my house is the BUSINESS..

Oh Lawd!
MicaiahTy
MicaiahTy

https://www.youtube.com/micaiahty

Back to top Go down

Post by jac.attack 31st May 2010, 3:12 pm

@MicaiahTy- What store do you go to? I want pick up some powders but I don't know where in Houston.

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Post by MicaiahTy 31st May 2010, 4:15 pm

If you are on the southwest side, there are 3 indian grocery stores on Hillcroft and Harwin. Across the street from the Sonic.

There is also one on the right hand side before u go under the toll road and Channel 39 on Hillcroft. If you are coming from 59 it will be on your left hand side before you go under the toll.

I live on the Northwest side, so you have a couple on Veteran's Memorial. One one the corner of Veteran's and Antoine.

The other one on Veteran's is futher down before you get to West Richey. I REALLY Like that one. It's called Fyza Groceries, 12403 Veteran's Memorial.

16fl oz of coconut oil - 4.99
8FLoz of castor oil 3.99
Rose Powder - 1.99

Oh Rose Water 1.99 (Oh Lawd)

I am now an Indian Store Junkie.. I found some Neem oil, they had it for 2.99 but i need to do some more research on that one. Im still looking for Jasmine oil, the real stuff..

I wanted to buy so much more stuff, but i do need to get to work tomorrow.. LOL

But i will be back by the end of the week that is FOR SURE..

I hope you can find the stores, i googled and found the one's close to my house. A friend of mine goes to a salon on hillcroft to get her eyebrows threaded and she told me they had groceries stores that is how i found the one's on the south side.

Hope that helps.
MicaiahTy
MicaiahTy

https://www.youtube.com/micaiahty

Back to top Go down

Post by jac.attack 31st May 2010, 6:37 pm

I live on the southwest side so I will definitely check over there.

Thank you Smile

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 31st May 2010, 8:35 pm

I use Neem, Amla and Lemon powders mixed with rosewater. I sometimes mix them into my Bentonite mask as well (for my face).

Last edited by jcanalena79 on 1st June 2010, 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 1st June 2010, 5:04 pm

I've only used Neem and Amla on my face both with great results. I can't leave it on for more than 10 minutes though because after it starts to dry my face itches.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down