CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In need of a good cleansing shampoo

+5
DvaAuNaturel
MeMyHair&theCity
Juices-n-Berries
Lanabell1219
MyHairsRebirth
9 posters

Go down

In need of a good cleansing shampoo Empty In need of a good cleansing shampoo

Post by MyHairsRebirth 28th June 2010, 1:28 am

So I was just reading a thread that was asking other naturals if they noticed that they don't have an itchy, dry scalp since they've gone natural. And I saw where someone mentioned that they don't have an itchy scalp unless there's buildup, then a light bulb went off in my head: I definitely need to shampoo! I co-wash my hair everyday, but for the past few days I've been thinking that maybe I should go ahead and purchase a cleansing shampoo because my scalp does itch something serious at times. So if anyone knows of a good cleansing shampoo that won't hurt my poor little college pockets, I'd greatly appreciate it! Very Happy
MyHairsRebirth
MyHairsRebirth

Back to top Go down

In need of a good cleansing shampoo Empty Re: In need of a good cleansing shampoo

Post by Lanabell1219 28th June 2010, 1:37 am

i swear by giovanni smooth as silk shampoo. it's natural, sulfate free, and you can usually find it at walmart or target. the price is right as well, around $6 if i remember correctly
Lanabell1219
Lanabell1219

Back to top Go down

In need of a good cleansing shampoo Empty Re: In need of a good cleansing shampoo

Post by Juices-n-Berries 28th June 2010, 2:32 am

I like the Trader Joe's Nourish Spa or the Tea Tree Tingle.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHairsRebirth 28th June 2010, 4:10 pm

Thanks ladies! I'll be looking into both shampoos! And Juices-n-Berries, I love love love you're earrings in your avatar! Too cute!
MyHairsRebirth
MyHairsRebirth

Back to top Go down

Post by MeMyHair&theCity 28th June 2010, 4:21 pm

I second Jucies-n-Berries! I swear by Trader Joe's Norish Spa. It's only $2.99!

Now, if you aren't opposed to using sulfates I would also recommend Suave's Daily Clarifying Shampoo. It is $1 at most places. I use it every now and then when I want a squeaky clean feeling. However, I only shampoo once and before I rinse I add a little conditioner, I do this to keep my hair from being stripped of all it's mositure.
MeMyHair&theCity
MeMyHair&theCity

http://memyhairandthecity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 28th June 2010, 9:59 pm

Lanabell1219 wrote:i swear by giovanni smooth as silk shampoo. it's natural, sulfate free, and you can usually find it at walmart or target. the price is right as well, around $6 if i remember correctly

Ditto. And you can find Giovanni at Wal-Mart too.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 28th June 2010, 10:20 pm

Giovanni and Trader joes all the way! Both are pocketbook friendly!
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th June 2010, 10:24 pm

If you are not scared of sulfates, try Creme of Nature. I love it!!!! Your hair gets clean without feeling stripped, it doesnt dry your hair out and most of all you can DETANGLE with this shampoo!!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHairsRebirth 28th June 2010, 10:36 pm

Thank you everyone! I'll be checking wal-mart tomorrow..

Lynnie, I may just get the creme of nature, I have their leave-in conditioner and love it. So I'm hoping they'll compliment eachother!
MyHairsRebirth
MyHairsRebirth

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 1st July 2010, 3:30 pm

@ LynnieLuve I think I found the old formula Creme of Nature shampoo! The new one is yellow right?
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st July 2010, 4:31 pm

Yep, the yellow/orange is the new one. The old formula was in a green and white bottle...I think
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 10th July 2010, 5:53 am

I saw the green bottle but it was really small so I bought the red bottle instead. Are they both the old formula??
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th July 2010, 12:02 pm

krissyc39 wrote:I saw the green bottle but it was really small so I bought the red bottle instead. Are they both the old formula??

Yes they are both the old (green and red bottle). The new formula is in a orange/yellow bottle.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 11th July 2010, 8:17 pm

I live the Aubrey Organics White Camellia shampoo as well as the Giovanni 50/50 shampoo.

Happy shopping!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down