CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good moisturizing and conditioning shampoo

+3
Erica5417
NubieNatty
marry25
7 posters

Go down

Good moisturizing and conditioning shampoo Empty Good moisturizing and conditioning shampoo

Post by marry25 13th December 2009, 4:26 pm

I have been using organix coconut milk shampoo & conditioner for awhile, but I have noticed that after washing my hair it feels dull, and the conditioner adds some moisture but not to much. It seems like this is a clarifying shampoo. I find that i have to put alot of moisturizers, ORS carrot oil, giovanni direct leave-in, softsheen stafro spray, and shea butter mixture to seal moisture in my hair. I will admit that I am a product junkie, but i am looking for a shampoo and conditioner that would really help my hair get back its moisture and balance. Any suggestions?

marry25

Back to top Go down

Good moisturizing and conditioning shampoo Empty Re: Good moisturizing and conditioning shampoo

Post by NubieNatty 13th December 2009, 5:15 pm

giovanni's line i.e. 50/50 balance and hello hydration has helped me out alot. i only used poo once and week and mainly co-washed too!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Good moisturizing and conditioning shampoo Empty Re: Good moisturizing and conditioning shampoo

Post by Erica5417 13th December 2009, 5:30 pm

i just started using the 50/50-- love it!
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bella gee 13th December 2009, 5:40 pm

ditto on the 50:50...I use that or the Giovanni Tea Tree.

I was a Creme of Nature girl since birth, UNTIL they decided to mess up a good thing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ....UGHHHH...i still haven't gotten over the formula change, can you tell? LOL
bella gee
bella gee

http://public.fotki.com/BellaGee/

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 13th December 2009, 6:31 pm

Same here on the 50/50, HE Hello Hydration and Totally Twisted. Also I deep condition with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose... I also do weekly hot oil treatments with CD's Lisa's Hair Elixir... Hope this helps!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th December 2009, 6:34 pm

The Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner may be making your hair feel dull because it has protein in it. You definitely need to make sure you have a good balance of moisture and protein. Hope this helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 13th December 2009, 9:11 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:The Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner may be making your hair feel dull because it has protein in it. You definitely need to make sure you have a good balance of moisture and protein. Hope this helps.

i agree with lynnieluve.

also, the shampoo does not have ingredients (eg. a weak acid such as baking soda, acetic acid found in apple cider vinegar, etc) that would categorize it as a clarifying agent. if your hair is dull, it probably means you need more moisture. i took a quick glance of the ingredients, and i don't see anything that would make your hair dull (besides the protein) that would mean you are due for clarifying. so, i co-sign with lynnieluve.

Last edited by dajewel on 14th December 2009, 4:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : cuz i think slower than i type)
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down