CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic*

+29
BlondeByDesire
NaturalChica
Juices-n-Berries
LilMsPuddles
AfrikanLatina
lena73
SisterBoyd
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
nmoultry
HumanNature
tiashaunteé
Winnielours
TerraD
beautifuleyez
crustaceans
miznissi
curlykinks
dajewel
ChrsLvsBks
A85
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
rebelrocks
jamaicacurl
Free2009
d.denise
33 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 3 Empty Re: |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic*

Post by Winnielours 3rd December 2009, 7:47 pm

I think I can handle it now! I used to do bantu knot out while I was transitioning and after flat ironing my hair.

I'm so used to wetting my hair when I retwist...I'm glad you mentioned making my hair damp..I was concerned about the drying time.

Yeah I did read it lol! I hate to section my hair too!! Thanks for the help!!! I'll let you know how it goes...
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 3 Empty Re: |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic*

Post by d.denise 3rd December 2009, 8:38 pm

ok this is going to sound so crazy but I glanced at your avatar and for a split second i could have sworn that was me lol. it may have something to do with the fact that I'm sitting in front of my computer exactly like that but I still think we kinda look alike lol.

good luck again! *running over to your thread*
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 3rd December 2009, 11:18 pm

awww!!! looking thru your pics i can see what ur talking about! lol

so i just finished my bantu knots...my head is already hurting...i'll let you know how it goes!
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 3rd December 2009, 11:24 pm

lmao! i don't think I ever do them that tight...but it should come out super defined then!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 3rd December 2009, 11:41 pm

its just me cuz i get headaches... i can't even wear a loose ponytail all day |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 3 Icon_smile
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 4th December 2009, 3:15 am

LOL. I was going to say the same thing.
d.denise: When i showed my aunt your curlformer do' she said that we look alike.
Winnelours: I saw your pic and thought- "I have those glasses, wait. Is that my sister" LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 4th December 2009, 4:45 pm

hahahha thats so funny! we're triplets! AND we all have similar glasses thats hilarious. awwwww now we just gotta get winnie in LA.

Last night was SO. MUCH. FUN. and the place wasn't even really packed - not at all. We ended up seeing my friend who was with her two friends and then 4 guys we knew so it was like a big group and thats always fun. now about my hair - i LOVED it. And because I loved it, you could tell. I was getting major play lol. But one thing I noticed my friend who's hair is also natural decided to straighten it but it was in the same sideswept style - just didnt look the same lol. The volume and the curls made it look so much better...

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 3 Dec32011|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 3 Dec32012

So this weekend I am going to do a deep treatment and either a curlformers or a roller set - havent decided yet. My hair stays moisturized so much better when my hair is stretched. I haven't found the right products to wear while its curly so I'll have to slowly add some more products to the curly hair arsenal - slowly cuz my PJism is taking a toll on me! I just cant even bring myself to go up in Sally's Marshalls TJMaxx, hell even Target! such a shame...

Happy Friday ladies!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 4th December 2009, 8:17 pm

LOL, your hair is cute! LOL@ major play!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 5th December 2009, 7:46 pm

your hair looks hot!!! i always straighten my hair for parties so i might try the sideswipe next time with my hair curly.

and yes i do you need to make a trip out to LA to meet my twins!
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 6th December 2009, 2:20 am

thanks chicas!

I am sitting on my couch with olive oil saturating my hair (and dripping down my neck lol) for my pre-poo. Im going to do an overnight deep condition using either aussie moist 3 minute miracle + coconut oil or giovanni smooth as silk + coconut oil....maybe I'll add some honey or olive oil too not sure. and tomorrow I am going to do teeny weeny twists - hopefully. Do I HAVE to blow dry in order to do the teeny weeny twists? I bought some heat protectant just in case, but I really don't want to blow dry. KinkyKurlyQueen is the only person I've really seen do them and she blow dried and they looked great... things that make you go hmmmm....

I am reading a book I found at the library: Why are black women losing their hair? And its a series of articles/essays/short stories about our hair. There are even a few pieces on black women's hair written by black men which is awesome. This one guy, Bruce Britt, says "Abusing your hair in the name of fashion is tantamount to Michelangelo applying lacquer to the Sistine Chapel: it's an insult to something that's already perfect." awwwww now my hair has a new name: the sistine chapel lol. There's another article in here that's really hellpful. It talks about the importance of your diet and how your hair is an extension of your blood and you can identify the quality of your blood by looking at the quality of your hair... so get those nutrients! and stay away from too many processed foods!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 6th December 2009, 5:58 am

You just inspired me to head to the library and browse. I only go after finding books online first! LOL. I haven't been in over a month!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 7th December 2009, 4:48 pm

terra: by "found at the library" i definitely meant found in the library system on the internet then had it sent to my local library lol. That's how I browse too lol. I maybe actually go into the library once every other month or so but thats because my branch is super small...I do rent DVDs from there tho - so that's the extent of my "browsing"
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 7th December 2009, 5:28 pm

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 3 Dec62010

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 3 Dec62011

one half of my hair post-blowdry ready to twist and the other half of my hair after twisting.

i don't like it lol. I don't even know what it is I don't like about it. the other side of my hair looks even worse because I was getting lazy and there was some inconsitency. I should have left my hair curly so the ends don't look so straggly. Or maybe I should have done them even smaller (but Lord knows I don't have the patience for that)... So I wanted to leave them in for a couple weeks, but these will be lucky if they make it to Friday. I'm just keeping them in a bun so my hair will be thankful...

The hair gods would be happy though. I blowdried my hair on low instead of high and on warm instead of Hot. The time gods would be upset because it took me for EVER lol. but I didn't want any more heat damage on my already suffering ends so I took my time. And I used silk elements megasilk heat protection spray to "cone up" my hair so the heat doesn't affect the internal parts of the hair shaft. And I used this shea butter +apricot (delicious) mixture for moisture its super light but does a good job. I got it at the natural hair expo! But you can find it at wholefoods I think.

Thank goodness there were 2 good games on yesterday + the amazing race because that's what I would have been doing anyway... So not too mad about the time it took...
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 7th December 2009, 7:33 pm

I like it, try spritzing the ends with water. They will shrink and curl a little, but still stay elongated.
Sweet! I got a small one of those at the hair expo! I wanted to see if it tasted as good as it smelled. LOL, but I decided that was wierd! I also bought some "Obama" essential oil mix! This stuff smells great!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 8th December 2009, 5:34 pm

hahahaha please don't eat it lol. And I didn't see the obama essential oil mix... but WHY did they call it that? lol

Soooo I'm going to do a product review of the Apricot Shea Butter.
|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 3 Aprico10
Apparently, you can get it at wholefoods or find it on genuinehobo.com. It's definitely pricey - only 4 oz for $30 at whole foods (got it for $20 at the hair expo) but I think the smell is hypnotizing. That is the reason I bought it lol. And plus the raw shea butter by itself just doesn't do anything for my hair. This one is already emollient and luxurious (their words not mine, but I'm definitely cosigning) and did I mention the smell? I'm not sure exactly what other essential oils it's mixed with (and mixed with hemp), but again I say, the smell is spectacular lol. But seriously, although its sold as a body butter, when I put it on my hand it wasn't greasy and my skin felt super smooth so why not try it on my hair. My heavy handedness flew right out the window because this bad boy is about to LAST ok. But I have really learned the whole concept of a little goes a long way. After I blowdried my hair the other day for my twists, I took a tiny amount on each of the sections and spread it on my ends, my roots, then smoothed it through. It wasn't necessarily shiny - which I need to to get that idea out of my head that shiny always means moisturized - but it felt really good and very smooth. And it SMELLS DELICIOUS OMG.

I need to set a monthly spending budget on this PJism. It's getting out of control. I feel like $30 is a great budget because most things don't cost more than $10 and I really shouldn't be buying more than 3 products in a month if I want to see how one product works, but then I just spent 2/3 of my budget on the 5th day of the month! omg lol.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 9th December 2009, 4:09 am

I already determined that I need to budget in hair care items, because otherwise I overdo it! $30 is a good budget!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 9th December 2009, 5:11 pm

The charger on my laptop if broken :-( so I'm posting from the blackberry...no pics.

There is this one twist in the front of my head that will not stay twisted! I have put all kinds of butters on it have tried braiding the last lil section I just don't kno.

I have been keeping the twists in a bun because I don't like the way they look down. I def should have done them on curly hair. I tried an "experiment" the other night by putting a curlformer on one and the curl was just sad lol. I will probably take them down friday or saturday and rock the twist out for a couple days. I was really looking forward to not touching my hair for a couple weeks but I just can't get with these twists. I have been paying lots of attention and love to my ends though. Moisturizing them at night and sometimes in the morning.

I'm still trying not to get sick....MAN
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th December 2009, 12:24 am

You can try Bantu knots to put waves in hair.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 10th December 2009, 4:19 pm

Yesterday was a very frustrating day for me - 3.5 hours of sitting in my car in traffic + couldnt find a flight home for christmas for less than $700. It was one of those days where you just want to go to sleep as soon as possible so tomorrow can be here... so thats exactly what I did! Went to sleep! And didn't do anything to my hair lol. I attempted to bantu knot while laying in the bed until I realized I didn't have any bobby pins in my bed with me and I was not about to get up lol. I went to sleep in my clothes and everything. At least I have this satin pillowcase! The best part about these twists is you really don't have to do anything special to them at night as long as you tie them up. If I had my hair out or had a twist out or something I would be shooting myself in the foot for not doing anything to my hair last night - but THANKFULLY I have these twists :-) See, they are good for something.

I may take them out either tonight or tomorrow and wear it like that for a couple days then wash it on Sunday or Monday. Not sure what's going to happen after that. Now I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do for it for Christmas/my Bday. Low maintenance!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 10th December 2009, 4:25 pm

You could probably make that shea butter yourself. what are all of the ingredients?
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 10th December 2009, 4:43 pm

I'll have to check again - all I remember are the essential oils and the hemp... I didn't even know apricot had an oil lol it smells yummy though. when I have gone to mix raw shea butter with something the consistency is never this smooth - whats the best way to mix it?
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 11th December 2009, 3:05 pm

Taking my twists down today...they lasted all of 5 days lol. But I really did enjoy not having to do much of anything to my hair at night. Its been raining in LA so I am going to take advantage of the moisture in the air and try some recipes with honey or other humectants - things I generally avoid because of the dry climate.

Fun weekend ahead and my hair is gonna be pampered saturday night...HU Holiday party on Sunday! Woop woop!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th December 2009, 4:18 pm

Don't you just love how you can post from the BlackBerry.....
This is a true addiction, lol
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 14th December 2009, 3:14 pm

yep! my crackberry is like my life. i have calendar stuff, note to self, I keep my grocery list in here, even passwords, I don't know what I would do if this thing died on me!

MONDAY -

I love mondays. weird right??? I think because Monday is the 'office day' for my job and by office i mean home office and by home office i mean couch lmao. This was a pretty good hair weekend! I started sleeping in 4 chunky cornrows (I almost said 'flat braids' a la flat twists lol) in the direction that I want my hair to fall. And when I wake up I just let it do what it do. And yesterday I went to a holiday party and my hair was all out of wack so I just did some big bantu knots because the curl patter was still somewhat there it just needed to be refreshed. it looked OK being out, but I had to do something to tame it a little. which brings me to the question:

WHY HAVE I NOT BEEN USING CLAW CLIPS???? they are such a life saver for the perfect up and down style. I have really been missing out. and driving myself crazy trying to use bobby pins lol.

my computer is still down. right now i'm on my super old macbook with the cracked screen lol. BUT I have photobooth! Here's a pic from when I went out Saturday. I was sitting in the semi-dark and I have NO idea why it has this red aura - but i like it! It's really dark You can just see the outline of my fro...lookin like Huey off boondocks lol.
|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 3 Photo_11
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 14th December 2009, 5:14 pm

I wish I could do a hair journey but I have no pics (loong story) |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 3 Icon_sad

Your results with the curlformers is amazing. I really want to try them. I never heard of them until this site but I love the results.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum