CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic*

+29
BlondeByDesire
NaturalChica
Juices-n-Berries
LilMsPuddles
AfrikanLatina
lena73
SisterBoyd
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
nmoultry
HumanNature
tiashaunteƩ
Winnielours
TerraD
beautifuleyez
crustaceans
miznissi
curlykinks
dajewel
ChrsLvsBks
A85
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
rebelrocks
jamaicacurl
Free2009
d.denise
33 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 9 Empty Re: |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic*

Post by Lynnieluve 12th January 2010, 10:11 pm

The more and more I look at the curlformer results, it make me want to get some.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 9 Empty Re: |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic*

Post by NaturalChica 12th January 2010, 10:14 pm

Haha I have a "space jam" conditioning cap as well! I've always mixed in olive oil/avocado oil with my conditioners for a deep conditioner but have never tried them alone. I'll have to try that next time. By the way, it looks like curlformers work well with your hair! I think it would be a fight if I tried to put those to my head,lol. Anywho..it looks cute missy!
NaturalChica
NaturalChica

http://www.naturalchica.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 12th January 2010, 10:39 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:The more and more I look at the curlformer results, it make me want to get some.

you know you wanna!!!! after looking at the price and getting sticker shock |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 9 Affraid you'll be pleasantly surprised |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 9 617583

NaturalChica wrote:Haha I have a "space jam" conditioning cap as well! I've always mixed in olive oil/avocado oil with my conditioners for a deep conditioner but have never tried them alone. I'll have to try that next time. By the way, it looks like curlformers work well with your hair! I think it would be a fight if I tried to put those to my head,lol. Anywho..it looks cute missy!

thanks chica! I have added them to my conditioners too but this was my first time trying them by themselves. I was a little hesitant at first but like i said, my my my lol! and you should def give curlformers a try. Soooo many different hair types have tried them and all had sucess. And the best part: if you dont like them take them back! (sally's will take them back)
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 13th January 2010, 3:17 pm

**praying for haiti** |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 9 Icon_sad

so I found some new bedtime hair. well not new but something I hadn't tried before and by golly it worked. and I think it qualifies for a happy accident! I never know what to do with my curlformers the first day because they are so flat but this would be cute. I figured since I sleep on the side of my face if I pinned the curls back then they would be ok. AND THEY WERE. all except for one little measly curl that is acting up. I may re-curlform it or pincurl it tonight. My curls are a lot juicier and bouncier this time around. Don't know if its the jojoba oil or the aloe vera gel or what but i like it :-) I think I used a lil too much jojoba oil on a couple of them because I saw my friend yesterday and she was like 'is your hair still wet?' oops lol But then she felt it and said it didn't feel wet or oily lol maybe its just great shine.

bedtime hair: |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 9 Jan12212

this morning (peep that one lil missing curl): |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 9 Jan13210
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 14th January 2010, 5:14 pm

nothing new. did the curlformers monday night so this is my 3rd day with them. holding up great. I finally started separating some of the curls today. There is some straight hair in the back so I may re-curlform those tonight. I make sure my hands are covered in oil when I am taking my bobby pins out and separating the curls and that definitely makes a difference.

today's hair. The front is pushed back off my face with a headband.|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 9 Jan14210
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 14th January 2010, 5:52 pm

Rockin' that hair girl, Looks goooood!
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 15th January 2010, 2:54 pm

thank youuuu!!!!

Last night I re-curlformed using 5 curlformers mostly the 'undersides' of my hair. And my hair really looks refreshed. I think tonight I'll do the ones in the front and the maybe a couple on the top. But Usually my curls have ALL the way fallen by now and I've started rollersetting it at night but not this time. I think its because I've finally found a way to sleep in them...yayyy me! And itwas good because those curls got re-moisturized with water-aloe-jojoba in order for me to set the curlformers. I'm thinking February will be my 'bun' month. I will be relocation with my company (I think) going on apartment hunting trips packing, moving etc. so I think buns will be a great no stress way to leave my hair alone... I'm going to go on a bun-hunting safari on youtube for the rest of the month...Maybe do one each week. We'll see how that works. I liked my happy accidents but I'm not sure I want to straighten again just to do buns....we'll see...

happy weekend!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 15th January 2010, 2:56 pm

Buns are a great way to make life easier. I am contemplating doing Bun in February-not sure yet.
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th January 2010, 3:02 pm

Your curls hold up really well with the curlformers. **Taking notes**
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 15th January 2010, 5:20 pm

That curlformer set was A-MAAAAA-XING! Loves it. I need to get some more so my sets can be fuller and I can wear them down.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 18th January 2010, 2:34 pm

thank you! curlformers are definitely a life saver for me.

I'm off to STL for work which leads to a dilemma for me. traveling hair. Since My hair is still (loosely) curled from curlformers I have been envisioning my hair on that gross airport seat lol. I don't have a bonnet and I don't wanna smash my curls by tying my hair with a scarf so I'm not sure what I should do. I'm thinking I may pin my hair up in a pineapple looking thing but part of my hair will still be on the seat. And this is about to be a 4 hour flight so I KNOW i'm going to be knocked out at some point. this is so weird that I'm thinking about this! lol

At night I have been alternating between re-curlforming certain parts and just pinning it back. Last night I was going to wash it since I'm going out of town for work for a few days but I really like the set more after its a few days old so I just re-curlformed most of the front and will let that fall while I'm there. I'll pack a couple curlformers to re-curl any parts that are wild (although the wild is what makes the hair big). So we'll see. The last time I was in STL they were like 'we never know what your hair is going to look like.' I don't go very often so in the last 4 or 5 times I've been there I've had a sew-in, work natural hair press-n-curled, had a freshly done curlformers set, worn my natural hair pinned back, worn a twist out...so now they are going to see a week old curlformers set. they probably bet on what my hair is going to look like lol.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 18th January 2010, 3:51 pm

How about taking a satin pillow case and draping it across the seat so that you can lay your head on the pillow case and not the seat. You should be able to get some sleep this way without tying down your hair.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 18th January 2010, 5:38 pm

Your curlformers are the bomb!!! I need to just break the bank and purchase them (even though I can get 20 bottles of Hello Hydration for the same price LOL)!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 19th January 2010, 8:19 pm

HumanNature wrote:How about taking a satin pillow case and draping it across the seat so that you can lay your head on the pillow case and not the seat. You should be able to get some sleep this way without tying down your hair.

So I had my satin pillowcase in tow! But then when I was about to drape it I realized I couldn't because of the person behind me having to use their tray. sooo I just kinda laid it behind my head lol. I separated my curls and kinda brought them to the front and laid my head back and was KNOCKED OUT! lol but that didn't last long. I got a lot of reading done though.

TerraD wrote:Your curlformers are the bomb!!! I need to just break the bank and purchase them (even though I can get 20 bottles of Hello Hydration for the same price LOL)!
Yes ma'am you go ahead and get those curlformers. You can't compare to something cheaper compare to something more! lol So say, that's a trip to the salon - even though these will last over and over and over again. If you divide the price by the number of uses then it starts to make more sense. So far I've probably done them 10 times so I'm already down to $5 a set :-) Give me a few more months and I'll be even less than hello hydration! Because you never use curlformers 'up' per se. Does that make sense? It makes sense in my head lol.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 19th January 2010, 8:30 pm

Nothing special today. Just have my 8 day old curlformers pinned back with bobby pins + my f21 pins. I will probably redo some in the back because it is frizzy but I don't have any product with me. We'll see how water + hotel conditioner works. The only thing I have is jojoba oil because its the only thing in a container less than 4 oz (and I hate checking bags!).

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 9 Jan19211
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th January 2010, 12:04 am

Your hair still looks good!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th January 2010, 12:07 am

wow I missed the curlformer set. I love it!! I am eager to try them. I love a good spiral set!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 20th January 2010, 4:47 pm

8 days! not bad, still looking good |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 9 Icon_wink
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 22nd January 2010, 2:13 pm

Thanks ladies! So I finally washed my hair Thursday when I got back from st Louis. And I overnight DC with olive oil coconut oil (I need some more coconut oil!) and then when I woke up in the morning it was cold and rainy so I decided to just leave it in with a hat. I was doing a lot of driving yesterday and being in my car with the heat on blast was like the ultra DC lol. Well when I got home and took the conditioning cap off, my hair was so incredibly soft and my curls were so incredibly poppin that I didn't even wanna rinse it out! I was gonna do curlformers again last night but I liked the way my curls looked so I just let them breathe and re-twisted last night.

Happy weekend :-)
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 22nd January 2010, 2:17 pm

You've had great success with the curlformers.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd January 2010, 2:31 pm

Like I always say....Olive oil and coconut oil combo is the TRUTH!!! Thank you Dajewel!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 22nd January 2010, 3:32 pm

i kno right!!!! thanks dajewel and thanks to you because you spoke soooo highly of it too. it usually takes more than one person to convince me lol.

(btw are those twists or is that a twist out????? super defined I can't even tell but they are lookin GOOD!)
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd January 2010, 3:39 pm

Thanks. It is a 2nd day twist out. I used BeeMine Bee Hold Curly butter. I only wore the twist overnight too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 22nd January 2010, 3:41 pm

i've been wanting to try bee mine products! but I'm not very good at twist outs so I'm not even going to spend that money lol. one day... one day.... I have had one successful twist out in the past 5 months!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 26th January 2010, 2:49 am

I did curlformers again saturday but I'm not sure why. Because I have an interview this Saturday so I know I'm going to wanna do them again....I overpicked them and even took a hot shower without a shower cap...can we say frizz??? I actually WANTED the humidity to keep it from looking so "fresh-out-the-beauty-shop" done but I didn't realize it would do that much damage. oh well. I just pinned the front back so its cool. car shot from today:
|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 9 Jan25c10
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum