CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic*

+29
BlondeByDesire
NaturalChica
Juices-n-Berries
LilMsPuddles
AfrikanLatina
lena73
SisterBoyd
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
nmoultry
HumanNature
tiashaunteƩ
Winnielours
TerraD
beautifuleyez
crustaceans
miznissi
curlykinks
dajewel
ChrsLvsBks
A85
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
rebelrocks
jamaicacurl
Free2009
d.denise
33 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 14 Empty Re: |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic*

Post by d.denise 1st April 2010, 2:41 pm

ladies and gentlemen (i know you're lurking men!)...I am proud to announce that I got my first braidout that I can be somewhat proud of lol...meaning I'm not in a rush to put it in a bun...although the back was not dry when I took it down - meaning its not gonna look as good as the front (im sitting with the bonnet dryer on as we speak)... but I'm really proud of myself...my hair was already damp so I just sprayed it with water/aloe/olive oil and then spread a tiny bit of healthy hair butter...I figured I might as well try something different because I'm washing it tomorrow...
and the weather is ridiculously beautiful right now so I could probably just go outside and let the sun dry it...but I'm not gonna take my chances lol.
|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 14 Dsc_1510
|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 14 Dsc_1511
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 14 Empty Re: |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic*

Post by sweetdrk1 1st April 2010, 3:02 pm

Awwwww shucks now! Look at you coming back with the lovely hair and stuff! I love it!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 1st April 2010, 5:19 pm

WOW THATS GORGEOUS!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th April 2010, 1:13 am

That is a nice braidout!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 5th April 2010, 1:38 am

awwww thanks ladies! It got a lot bigger by the end of the day but not frizzier - which I thought was impossible.

I did curlformers on Friday... and unfortunately I have to knock curlformers off their perfect pedestal theyve been on for over 6 months (wow can't believe it's been 6 months!)... The ends of some of my curlformers have been unraveling! And they cost too much for any unraveling to be going on! Grant it, I have been using them every other week for a minute now. And I didn't notice the unraveling until I let my friend borrow them (I knew better! But she was letting me stay with her for free so I had to lol) and after I did them on my little sister's hair - and she was the person who put the curlformer on the rod - probably not a gently as I usually do it. Either way, that's the first and only negative aspect of curlformers I have found... Really wish I didn't have to find it tho lol.

Anywho, I am going to start twisting my hair till I fall asleep and moisturize with some olive oil and CD healthy hair butter....peace!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th April 2010, 7:11 am

I tried them for the first time and didn't like my results Sad have a great day!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 5th April 2010, 7:55 am

I've priced them and based on the price they should like last forever!! Can you still use them? Hope so!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 5th April 2010, 7:31 pm

I can still use them if I'm SUPER careful...ifnot then it will unravel some more :-( I am gonna write to curlformers and see if they will do something for me because I don't have the receipts for Sally's anymore. I'm sure they would have taken them back.

Today I didn't do much of anything to my hair. I need to do better about daily moisturizing and sealing... I haven't been a victim of PJism for a very long time so I don't even know what's out there that I can use. Any ideas/suggestions???
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 5th April 2010, 7:41 pm

AND I have the urge to color my hair for summer....really make those curls pop - but I need to get that moisturization under control asap
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 5th April 2010, 11:50 pm

Girl, me either. I gave up product shopping for lent and have to figure out what products are getting the natural thumbs up!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 7th April 2010, 12:40 am

Im so sad that the curlformers are unraveling!! i need to just suck it up and purchase them...

Being broke and being a PJ= information overload...since I cant buy them I just read and read and read about what i want to buy and then i cant remember which product is good for what lol
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th April 2010, 12:44 pm

Love the braid out!!!

I'm sorry about your curlformers...Note to self: If/When I purchase curlformers, dont let anyone borrow them.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 12th April 2010, 1:52 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Love the braid out!!!

I'm sorry about your curlformers...Note to self: If/When I purchase curlformers, dont let anyone borrow them.

exactly! and i'm usually super stingy with my stuff I don't know why I was feeling all mother theresa that day lol.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 12th April 2010, 2:00 pm

so this is how i KNOW i need to quit playin and get back to regular posting - I had to go to the 2nd page of the BNB thread to find my thread!! I've never had to do that before lol.

Right now my hair is in 7 cornrows for a braidout (it takes me sooo long to braid :-( but I'm getting better). They don't feel as moisturized and I like them to so I am going to spritz them with something...not sure what yet. I need to go product shopping. I have been realy good about taming my inner PJ. So good that I had to search the house for products and make them work for whatever I needed them to lol.

My go to style has been pincurling and then wearing it in a ponytail (it looks more like a messy bun). That works great for me because I don't have to do ANYTHING to it at night and the curls stay and look great for at least 3 or 4 days. By then my hair isn't as tight so I can wear it out once before changing it up (usually into a braidout or washing it for curlformers).

Speaking of curlformers, this is why I love them: This is the 7th day of a curlformers so I just slicked (I used that term lightly because there was nothing "slick" about it - it actually looked kinda dry) them back into a banana clip and had this awesome curly pony looking thing...|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 14 Hair110
|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 14 Hair210
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 12th April 2010, 6:50 pm

Nice, maybe I do need to get some curlformers!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 13th April 2010, 12:12 pm

yesterdays braidout came out really defined. i think i'm finally approaching consistency here. thats amazing for me. This time they were all dry too so I didn't have to worry about one part being messier than the other. I liked this braidout because there was still a lot of movement in my hair (not a lot of product used - just water+aloe vera gel) and of course I set the ends on straws again. To me the curl i get with straws is really natural. Now I have to figure out the best way to sleep on it. AND I'm going to Miami Thursday so I'm trying to figure out what to do to my hair..... during the superbowl I got rained on so i had no choice but to wash n go but I really haven't discovered the right wash n go products for me :-/ we'll see

(dont mind the pink walls - its my little sisters room lol): |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 14 Hair310
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 14th April 2010, 12:50 am

Cute braidout!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 14th April 2010, 2:29 am

Your braidout looks awesome. I totally think I'm starting to love braidouts more than twistouts.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 14th April 2010, 10:18 am

Me too, Juices!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 14th April 2010, 11:44 am

thx terra!

I slept in my conditioner last night - organix shea butter + olive oil. My hair should be soft but I STILL haven't taken it out of the shower cap lol. I found an AMAZING new tool - the double comb woop woop! I just so happened to be in the BSS (looking for sheamoisture of course) and saw these on my way out. And it literally saved the life of my twist out. I am always wanting to pully my hair back without putting it in a ponytail and the claw clips don't always grap enough of the hair. And I figured out that I could do a fro-hawk with it and probably a bunch of other stuff. I've only had it for a day though lol. It's really gonna come in handy for miami! I'm probably gonna go and get a few more before we leave. Here's the video of some of the many uses.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 15th April 2010, 7:16 pm

Your braidouts are SO DEFINED!!!! And they look soft, too!!! Ahhh ... the elusive soft hold *sigh* Can't wait to see pics of the fro-hawk Smile!
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 1st October 2010, 1:20 am

*blowing dust off the mic* hi *knocking on the mic* is this thing on???

well... i cant even begin to think of all the stuff that's happened since the last time i made a post on here...i've been to miami, amsterdam, new york, and dominica. started teaching. started hating teaching (pray for me), started the homebuying process, now contemplating an out of state out of country move, started a blog, started neglecting a blog...and not to mention whats going on with my hair... i've been randomly popping over to CN and to tia's blog just to see whats going on (and to try to see pics of the baby!) but I'm hardly ever on the computer unless it has something to do with 8th grade science Sad

so yeah. my hair has missed you guys and your PJ suggestions. I have no idea what to do with it now. it has grown a TON. I was getting tired of retwisting and fooling with it at night so I flatironed it 4 weeks ago (yes, my hair is sooo dirty and in such a need of a wash!) and I just put it in a ponytail for bed and a bun during the day (maybe down on the weekends). It's been a major time saver and it also let me see just how atrocious my ends really were. So if I go to DC for Howard's homecoming I'll get to go to my old stylist and get the hook up...major DT trim and all.

i'm gonna try to at least stop by once a week! I need a release from thinking about these kids!!! Smile please no darts, arrows, or bullets for my absence!! I've missed my CN chics!

I've gotten a lot better with the braidouts and straw-set ends:
|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 14 Hairb10|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 14 Hair10

and my mama straightened it for me:
|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 14 Hairc10
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st October 2010, 1:23 am

Hey there, good to see your post.
Love the braid and straw set Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st October 2010, 10:54 am

Wait a minute!!! Where is my belt?!!! LOL!!! HEY D. DENISE!!!!! It's good to hear/see ya!!!! I cant really tell in the pic....So you are APL now?!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st October 2010, 1:12 pm

Running screaming heyyyyyyy Denise! Soo good of you to come visit, we miss you! Hair is looking great!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum