CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic*

+29
BlondeByDesire
NaturalChica
Juices-n-Berries
LilMsPuddles
AfrikanLatina
lena73
SisterBoyd
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
nmoultry
HumanNature
tiashaunteƩ
Winnielours
TerraD
beautifuleyez
crustaceans
miznissi
curlykinks
dajewel
ChrsLvsBks
A85
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
rebelrocks
jamaicacurl
Free2009
d.denise
33 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 13 Empty Re: |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic*

Post by TerraD 26th February 2010, 1:16 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:

Everybody is already gonna have on the same dress...

You are so silly, Lynnie! I nearly fell out laughing, when I just read your comment! It is true though.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 13 Empty Re: |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic*

Post by d.denise 26th February 2010, 1:38 pm

i hate the same hair thing too...but yeah it's the brides day. but then again the only way I'll keep my mouth shut is if she is paying for it. when I was planning my wedding the bridesmaids hair was the last thing I was thinking about...you have so many decisions to make I didn't even care which dress they chose as long as it was the same color and material.

here's my curlformers (they always look the same lol):
|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 13 Photo_11|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 13 Photo_12

I managed to not "overpick" them out this time. i'll just be pinning the curls back and sleeping on the sides..that worked very well last time and I'm sure itll work this time too. excited for image awards weekend!!! started the party last night lol.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 26th February 2010, 1:44 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Curlformers seem so time consuming ... that's the only reason I haven't tried them yet - beside the fact I haven't bought any. Can't wait to see the results.

for me they are just as time consuming as a regular rollerset or straw set or flexirods. I'm not as skilled with magnetic rollers so the curlformers work better for me because even if it takes 20 minutes longer I'm pretty much guaranteed great consistent results. The first time I did them it took 2 hours! I've gotten down to an hour now though...and an hour and a half if I'm distracted or siting on the couch instead of standing in front of the mirror. And plus I let the curls do whatever and don't really have to touch my hair for over a week (sometimes 2 if I let the curls fall all the way out and bun it) which is well worth it for me!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 26th February 2010, 1:45 pm

They look great!!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 26th February 2010, 5:32 pm

I'm loving how the curlformers came out!! Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 26th February 2010, 6:45 pm

They came out really cute!!! Do you think you can "mess" up a curlformers set? I know the curls will mess up if you dont let them dry all the way but is there are wrong way to put them in?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 27th February 2010, 3:59 pm

@lynnie you can mess up putting them in if you try to use sections that are too big. your hair will snag on the rod instead of going through smoothly (you can tell before it even happens!) but thats the only way I've ever messed up. That only happened the first time I was putting them in. Other than that, they are essentially fool-proof!

day 2:|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 13 Feb26c10|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 13 Feb26c11
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th February 2010, 4:33 pm

Second day hair is looking good!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 27th February 2010, 4:37 pm

I cannot for the life of me figure out how people can keep a curly set looking good for a second day!! I would have totally smashed all the curls out of my head ... lol but your hair is looking good Denise Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 27th February 2010, 6:32 pm

Wow, your hair looks good.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th February 2010, 3:56 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:Wow, your hair looks good.
Yes it does!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 1st March 2010, 12:00 pm

you are working those curlformers. HMMMM I am off today. Maybe I will do that. Do you sit under the dryer or you let them air dry?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 1st March 2010, 9:03 pm

d.denise wrote:

here's an example of my messy attempt at a southern tease. I never know what my hair looks like back there! I pin it up and go...don't even take a second glance. (please excuse the toothbrush...thats the only time I have to be reflective and take pics in the mornings lol) |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 13 Feb12210

Definitely gonna try this!! im real late but its just gorgeous!
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 1st March 2010, 9:05 pm

Girl I have so much catching up to do with everything going on with you! So whats the final consensus? (wait is that even the right expression...my english is fleeting!) Razz
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 2nd March 2010, 2:35 am

Thanks for the compliments ladies! =)

bholmes87 wrote:I cannot for the life of me figure out how people can keep a curly set looking good for a second day!! I would have totally smashed all the curls out of my head ... lol but your hair is looking good Denise |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 13 Icon_smile
I used to smash mine too lol. But if I just pin them back or even put them in a ponytail I'm fine! Just have to remember not to sleep on my back lol. Please believe some days I wake up and my gut is telling me I my hair is messed up lol. Then I go look in the mirror and I'm pleasantly surprised.

sweetdrk1 wrote:you are working those curlformers. HMMMM I am off today. Maybe I will do that. Do you sit under the dryer or you let them air dry?
I let them airdry. The one time I sat under the dryer I think it took less than an hour to dry. But I don't have a sit under dryer at my house sooo ummm yeah - airdry by default lol

Winnielours wrote:Girl I have so much catching up to do with everything going on with you! So whats the final consensus? (wait is that even the right expression...my english is fleeting!) |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 13 Icon_razz
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!? lol I'm moving to Memphis and starting a fellowship in June :-) Unless I am accepted to Teach for America which means I will either go to Houston or stay in Memphis.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 2nd March 2010, 2:40 am

My hair is still curlformed! Although it rained off and on Saturday and it got really frizzy :/ hh well they were a lot bigger the next day for church! lol I didn't feel like dealing with the frizzies so I bunned it the next day. Today it's out but tomorrow it'll be pulled back. MOVING DAY! woohoo!

Oh and at night I have just been putting healthy hair butter on it with olive oil or coconut oil.

Day 3
|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 13 Feb26f10

Day 4
|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 13 Feb27c10
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 2nd March 2010, 10:50 am

Your hair looks good, great job with the curlformers.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd March 2010, 2:14 pm

I like Day 3 and 4. I cant wait until I can wear a bun. I've never been able to wear one......ever.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd March 2010, 4:04 pm

THANK YOU!! I got my present!! You are the best!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 4th March 2010, 2:00 am

I dont know where I've been but def catching up!!! Moving can be so much fun...i almost did teach for america too! Big things!
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st March 2010, 11:53 pm

Hello, where are you? What's happening..check in when you can and let us know you are ok..
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 29th March 2010, 11:12 pm

yeah im with sweet!!
where is my twin??
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th March 2010, 12:19 am

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 13 Icon_sad Where are you? How did the move go? Are you settled in yet?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 31st March 2010, 2:04 pm

heyyyyyy!!! I can't believe it's been almost a month since I've posted...wow. But then again, I am 2000 miles away from where I was at that point, now unemployed (still in the fun refreshing stage!), living at my mom's house, have taken the Praxis tests (both I and II - passed I :0) haven't gotten the scores for II yet), have started a new blog(!!) and then some.... but through all of those changes, my hair is the probably the least changed. I have been doing curlformers every other week and bunning it when the curlformers get a little frizzy...thats my routine and im sticking to it. I have no idea where my camera is (my stuff is stored at my uncles house) so haven't been taking many pictures...

thanks for checking up on me on here (and with texts) :-) I have only been gone for a month but where did all this hair come from????? everyone's hair seems so much fuller/longer/thicker WOW!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 31st March 2010, 2:10 pm

Vai Via Blog oh and my new blog is probably why I haven't been on here very much. I started a blog to get others interested/aware in study abroad |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 13 Icon_biggrin I started it randomly one day and since I've been home most of the day I've been able to devote quite a bit of time to it... that's time that I used to spend on here lol....if you guys know students in college or parents of students in college (or even high school), definitely pass the blog on to them! and of course you should check it out too and let me know what you think!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum