CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic*

+29
BlondeByDesire
NaturalChica
Juices-n-Berries
LilMsPuddles
AfrikanLatina
lena73
SisterBoyd
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
nmoultry
HumanNature
tiashaunteé
Winnielours
TerraD
beautifuleyez
crustaceans
miznissi
curlykinks
dajewel
ChrsLvsBks
A85
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
rebelrocks
jamaicacurl
Free2009
d.denise
33 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 8 Empty Re: |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic*

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th January 2010, 9:43 pm

Birthday hair, pincurl, and straight hairstyles look lovely |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 8 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 8 Empty Re: |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic*

Post by Freestyles 4th January 2010, 11:10 pm

That Instyler seems to be really good! (Trying my best not to leave this page to go price them, lol) How long did you think it took you total to straighten your hair? I watched some Instyler videos on Youtube and it seemed to be a bit noisy. Was it noisy when you used it?

---Reese |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 8 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 5th January 2010, 5:30 pm

Letting your hair do what it does...That's what I'm learning. I've waisted a lot of time trying to achieve the unachievable with my hair. I love styling hair so I don't mind spending time on that, but I thought I was doing something wrong when I couldn't get my curls a certain way. Now I'm cool with my hair/curl pattern.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 5th January 2010, 5:59 pm

Awwww thanks ladies! :-)

@Reese: it is pretty noisy but moreso cuz ur not expecting it lol. I started playing around with it around 11 and I was in the bed by 1230 so maybe an hour and fifteen minutes...that was my first time using it and I was super careful so it may take less. But then again I didn't really get my roots so that may take more time.

@ human nature - that's exactly where I was coming from.

Todays hair is still straight - and SO THICK my hair hasn't been this thick in a minute...well at least not with some movement. I just did 6 big pin curls not so it would be curly but so I could bend my ends a little bit. I've never liked wrapping my hair. I tried to cross wrap the first night and it was ok but ill stick to big pincurls...don't take long and don't have to worry about the results. I'm thinking about trying flexi rods this weekend...hmmmm

Oh and I am going to Miami in a couple months and I do not have any wash and go styles so that is gonna be interesting. Pretty dimplez has an awesome halfwig on youtube or Reese I may have to borrow one of the girls! Lol

Any ideas? I'm going to start trying some wash and go styles soon so I won't get down there and be surprised at what my hair is doing lol.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 6th January 2010, 4:04 pm

I trimmed quite a few of my raggedy ends last night. I will probably do it again after I wash it when it's curly (to get the rest of the heat damage off) but yeah my ends were a MESS. I probably haven't had them professionally trimmed since the summer and I cut quite a bit off a few months back but you could tell they were in serious need of some TLC. So I did that and dusted my ends up the length of my hair as well. I tend to get a little scissor happy so I hd to MAKE myself put the scissors down. It's really hard for me to do the back sections - my hairs not long enough for me to pull that part forward :-/ and it is so awkward cutting it in the mirror.

I moisturized with shea+oil; did 4 big pin curls last night and woke up in the morning and 'did' my hair in less than 5 minutes: MY KIND OF STYLE lol.
|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 8 Jan62010

My hair at the nape of my neck is very coarse - the dry wiry kind of coarse and its very short. I don't know if it's always been like that. I know when I had one of my shorter styles or an updo my hairdresser would shave the back of my neck to make my line straight or whatever. Could that have changed the way that hair grew in? I can't keep it moisturized for NOTHING I'm tempted to just cut it off!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 7th January 2010, 3:19 pm

I did 4 big pincurls again last night and moisturized with olive oil + shea butter. Sooo I posted this under Happy Accidents but I'm posting it again here because this (or some version of it) is how I'm about to wear my hear through the weekend. I may make Sunday a hair day - I'm so dreading shampooing my hair. And someone recommended the trader joe nourish spa shampoo as well. Has anyone had an experience with that??

SO here's my happy accident. I attempted to do the southern tease bun. But I didn't go back and look at the video to see what is tucked when. So instead of tucking the ends first and folding the sides over it (you have to see the video to see - maneandchic.com) I started with the sides and somehow ended up pinning my hair over it... I don't know lol. Whatever it is Im glad I found it because I'm going to be a lot more protective of my ends over the next few months. It's not cold here, but the sweaters and even regular shirts and the wind is not very good for my recently trimmed ends! So here are my pics. My hair is still in pincurls right now - hopefully I'll be able to recreate it!
|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 8 Dsc_1113|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 8 Jan62011|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 8 Dscn0511
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th January 2010, 3:24 pm

Great job!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 8th January 2010, 7:39 pm

Thanks sweet!

I unfortunately could NOT recreate my inverted southern tease. I am just accepting the fact that every day it will look a little bit different lol. I was gonna wash my hair this weekend but I saw some really good pin curl results over at thefeistyhouse.blogspot.com that I'll try come Sunday. I'm sure my hair is enjoying its break from being overmanipulated! And so am I :-)
|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 8 Dscn0512

I had to use more bobby pins than I did last time (the first time I only used 3! which is probably a record for me!). I think I will buy some of these from F21 to jazz it up a little: |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 8 Bobby_10 |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 8 Bobby_11
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th January 2010, 7:43 pm

I like the bun today too. The pins are cute.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th January 2010, 7:52 pm

those pins are cute!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th January 2010, 12:43 am

d.denise wrote:Oh and I am going to Miami in a couple months and I do not have any wash and go styles so that is gonna be interesting. Pretty dimplez has an awesome halfwig on youtube or Reese I may have to borrow one of the girls! Lol

Any ideas? I'm going to start trying some wash and go styles soon so I won't get down there and be surprised at what my hair is doing lol.
Yes, you can do a half up half down, ponytail, pinned updo, buns and variations of the same. Enjoy Miami, I visited for the first time this summer. It was a day trip and I fell in love with the beach.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 9th January 2010, 7:53 pm

Thanks ladies! I got some really cute pins from f21 yesterday and some awesome earrings! And it only cost me 66 cents (I had a store credit from a long time ago).

@chrs - my hair isn't long enough for a wng pony (or not a cute one anyway) so I think I am going to scour youtube for some pinned up styles. I'm hoping by then I will have learned my hair enough to learn what products work for me and keep my hair from drying out as it dries. Finding a wng style is one of my priorities this year!

And this will be my first time in Miami! I'm super excited because I'm definitely a warm weather/beach type person!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th January 2010, 8:42 pm

Oh you are going to love Miami being that your a warm weather/beach type person. Why do I think this? Because I am the same way when it comes to water and warm weather. I am excited for you!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th January 2010, 9:29 pm

I hope you are going after the Arctic Blast. My BFF lives in Miami and she said it is in the 30s during the day.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 9th January 2010, 10:08 pm

d.denise wrote:Oh and I am going to Miami in a couple months and I do not have any wash and go styles so that is gonna be interesting. Pretty dimplez has an awesome halfwig on youtube or Reese I may have to borrow one of the girls! Lol .

Sorry I'm late but hey, I have no problem with sharing!!! |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 8 Lol

----Reese |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 8 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 11th January 2010, 5:37 pm

I heard that they were getting freezing weather! I'm thankfully going in April when all should be right with the world again. And reese I'm serious! lol I am seriously thinking about getting me a couple.

But today nothing is new with my hair. I am going to swing by trader joes to try the nourish spa shampoo. today is officially wash day. i was going to try flexi rods but I think I'mma stick to what I know - curlformers lol. I may pick up the pack of the blue/green ones today to do at the top.

but the real dilemma of the day: where do all the bobby pins go?????? its like socks in the dryer I feel like I should count them every single day this is sad...I have no idea where they are!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 11th January 2010, 7:16 pm

I know the answer to the sock mystery. The Ogs come and get them. (you remember that after school special..lol) So maybe they upgraded to boby pins...lol
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 11th January 2010, 7:19 pm

Your accidents are so PRETTY, I'm gonna try to have an accident |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 8 Icon_redface
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 12th January 2010, 3:12 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:I know the answer to the sock mystery. The Ogs come and get them. (you remember that after school special..lol) So maybe they upgraded to boby pins...lol

hahaha I would rather them take my socks!

HumanNature wrote:Your accidents are so PRETTY, I'm gonna try to have an accident |d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 8 Icon_redface
Thank you! Try doing the maneandchic southern tease bun! I was confused so that's how I stumbled upon my accident. It never looked the same out of the 5 days I did it...But by the 5th day I was just trying to pin my hair up out the way lol.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 12th January 2010, 3:33 pm

So I had a pretty successful wash day yesterday! As successful as wash days can go with my head lol. Why was it successful?? No surprises and I FOUND A SHAMPOO!!! WOOO HOOO!!! The trader joe's nourish spa balancing shampoo worked great on my hair. I needed to clarify because of the heat protectant and stuff I used on my hair when I instyled and the nourish spa didn't let me down. My hair was clean but not stripped. So I won't be buying any more shampoo for a while. I didn't use very much of it and I only plan on shampooing as needed. I'm glad that search was over because I was dreading shampooing my hair. And the BEST part of it all: it's 2.99!!!! score!

So I conditioned with organix coconut milk and it felt better than it did the first time, still not the best I've used so I'll just use it up and probably not buy it again. And then I DC with the coconut oil/olive oil - and I'm not gonna lie I was hesitant to just DCing with OIL and even as I was putting it in I was like hmmmmm..... But when I took off my space jam conditioning cap (lol the silver aluminum looking ones always remind me of astronauts lol)....my my my...My hair was so soft I was like so do I have to rinse it out??? lol. So then I rinsed it out and decided to revisit the direct leave-in and it was better than I remember. I still need a good leave-in. I think the aussie moist worked well at my mom's house. I stillwant to try the sheamoisture shea butter. I think I will order that online this week.

I did curlformers and slept in them. I set them with aloe vera gel (my new favorite - it feels so soft in my hair!) mixed with jojoba oil for moisture that I picked up from trader joes. I like the results - the soft hold that it gives. I used the green and blue ones at the top of my head and I don't think I'd be able to do a whole head of those...I'm still rather hair lazy and those sections are WAY too small. I think some people use like 100+ curlformers...well I use 50 MAX sometimes less and that takes way too long. Last night it was an hour and a half which wasn't too bad for not really having to touch my hair for another week. I never like the way my curlformers look on day 1. They are too flat. I almost wanted to get in the shower to let the humidity make them plump up a little but I didn't wanna overdo it. I always tend to overpick them on day 1 so I'm trying to leave them alone.

Here's a pic of my NAKED hair before I DC after shampooing and rinsing out conditioner. My hair has made some amazing strides in the last 4 months since I stopped pressing. I still have issues with drying out as it dries but this is a tremendous improvement...THANKS TO ALL THE LADIES ON THIS SITE WHO I HAVE TAKEN IDEAS FROM AND WHO HAVE OFFERED THEIR ADVICE...my hair and I thank you. I still have some straight ends in the front but most of the heat damage is outta there! when I wash if I ever see some straight ends I get to clipping... Sometimes i have to be careful though because parts of my hair just naturally have a looser curl and will get straight when I put certain products in it.

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 8 Jan12210
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th January 2010, 3:45 pm

That olive/coconut oil deep treatment is the TRUTH! My hair loves it!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th January 2010, 3:47 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:That olive/coconut oil deep treatment is the TRUTH! My hair loves it!

I want to prepoo with that mix the next time I shampoo
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th January 2010, 3:51 pm

I've only tried the olive oil as a a prepoo. My hair loves it too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 12th January 2010, 4:17 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I've only tried the olive oil as a a prepoo. My hair loves it too.

Me too...I tried with the coconut oil by itself but my hair didn't respond as well
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 12th January 2010, 10:07 pm

pic of my curlformers this morning. please excuse the toothbrush I was just admiring my curls while looking in the mirror and decided to take a pic lol.

|d.denise| *blowing dust off the mic* - Page 8 Jan12211
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum