CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey

+22
tiashaunteƩ
HumanNature
Intelligentbeauty
crustaceans
kblockett01
LilMsPuddles
beautifuleyez
SheeTacular
curlykinks
ohnatural
Serenity23
Courtie
ChrsLvsBks
AfrikanLatina
curly+kinky+fierce
Erica5417
CocoEuro
NaturalNurse04
gammainme
Pi*Jay
Lanamarie
Blackbeauty
26 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey

Post by Blackbeauty 20th November 2009, 6:20 am

Do I?? I am soooo IN LOVE with stretching my hair! I just wet my hair a bit in the shower (something i couldnt do daily with a relaxer) and SHAKE and literally GO. So quick easy & beautiful!!! Thank you CKF, mandy know she is rocking too Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Icon_wink !!!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Empty Re: Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey

Post by Serenity23 21st November 2009, 12:36 pm

I just read your hair story. That was soo sweet! I don't have a daughter, but I do remember the times as a child of sitting getting my hair washed, braided, hot combed, etc. Those are some of the memories of childhood that stick out to me. As a kid, everywhere I went people would comment on how thick and pretty my hair was. I never knew how blessed i was to not have a relaxer. I'm glad you are planting those seeds of self love with her early on. It's impt to instill great self esteem in young girls.

PS. Your TWA is pretty!
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Empty Yeah!

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd November 2009, 1:24 am

Blackbeauty wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:Your hair looks great yesterday!

Is the Afroveda curly pudding different than the curly custard? Was this your first time layering products?

Thank you!!!

I didnt mean to write curly pudding I meant Curly Custard. This was my first time layering with curly custard and I got the idea from YOU!! THANK YOU!!! I absolutely LOVE the custard my hair is so soft and curly and I LOVE IT!!!
You're welcome! The curly custard is wonderful. I'm glad the layering worked for you. I love getting more than one day out of a style. run
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Empty Monday Nov. 23, 2009

Post by Blackbeauty 23rd November 2009, 1:11 pm

Hello HeLlO my CURLY ladies!!!

Ok so you'll proud to know that I have taken a break from my favorite wash & go style and decided to give twists another shot. I twisted my hair with totally twisted ginger almond butter by afroveda. So right now my hair smells very clean from the totally twisted ginger. So far i can say the product provides alot of slip while im twisting which is a plus but we will see how moisturizing it is when i do my twist-out. Ill def keep you guys posted, my goal is to keep in the twist for at least a couple of days to give my hair a break and then ill do my twistout.

Here so pics of freshly done twist:
Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 11060910Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 11060911

I know I look tired, it took me a good minute to do those twists unfortunately at the moment im definitely what you call a slow twister Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Icon_sad.

So do you guys have any hair plans or challenges to give your hair a break this winter?

Last edited by Blackbeauty on 25th November 2009, 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 23rd November 2009, 1:16 pm

Thankyou Serenity23!!! Your TWA is flat out GORGEOUS!!!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ohnatural 23rd November 2009, 1:52 pm

Hey Blackbeauty. I too am looking for something to do other than wash and go and rock the TWA. Its getting colder here in NYC and not quite sure its the best thing to go oout in the cold with a wet head of hair. I feel like my hair is too short to twist so not sure what to do. I would also appreciate any suggestions.

ohnatural

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 23rd November 2009, 6:14 pm

If your hair is to short 4 protective styling, have you tried using a diffuser on low heat or cool air 2 dry your hair before you leave the house? If you dont have the time for that in the morning u could also opt to wear cute hats & beanies during the winter, some ppl also wear wigs to protect their hair during harsh winter months.

HTH
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 23rd November 2009, 6:19 pm

ohnatural wrote:Hey Blackbeauty. I too am looking for something to do other than wash and go and rock the TWA. Its getting colder here in NYC and not quite sure its the best thing to go oout in the cold with a wet head of hair. I feel like my hair is too short to twist so not sure what to do. I would also appreciate any suggestions.

braids??? 125th Street can hook you up!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by curlykinks 23rd November 2009, 10:23 pm

I love your TWA - it really suits you! Congrats on the BC.
curlykinks
curlykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 24th November 2009, 8:32 pm

Thank you curlykinks!!!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Empty Tuesday Nov 24, 2009

Post by Blackbeauty 24th November 2009, 8:34 pm

Hey Curly Ladies!!!

So today is day 2 of my twists and so far so good. They are moisturized and boingy. I just cant seem to stop making love to my hair!! I find myself touching them, pulling them & carassing them but I have to stop or Im going to have major frizzyness going on soon. If i can manage to keep my hands out of my hair maybe I can keep the twists in for the week.

The smell of the totally twisted ginger from afroveda is beginning to give me a headache, its everywhere I can smell it on my pillows, blankets and my bonnet, i can smell it while im walking or doing random things. Dont get me wrong it smells good and all but sometimes you can have too much of good thing. Luckily my hair likes it and whatever she likes I will deal with it and give it to her.

What product or products do you ladies LOVE to use for your twists?
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 25th November 2009, 12:18 am

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Lol
I just cant seem to stop making love to my hair!! I find myself
touching them, pulling them & carassing them but I have to stop or
Im going to have major frizzyness going on soon.

My hair might end up pressing charges. I thought I was the only one.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 25th November 2009, 10:37 am

LoL @ Sheetacular!! Trust me you are definitely not alone Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Icon_razz !!!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Empty Wednesday Nov 25, 2009

Post by Blackbeauty 25th November 2009, 12:32 pm

Hello my lovely curly ladies!!!

Today is day 3 of the twists my hair is still moisturized and non-frizzy even after all of the manipulation it has gone through thanks to my hands and guess what???... I have pictures!!
Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 11070910Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 11070911Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 11070912Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 11070913

Tomorrow is Good Eating Day and Im so excited because my grandma sweet potatoe pie is to die for, it's breathtakingly scrumptious! I dont know about you ladies but Im not counting calories tomorrow!!!

Happy Eating Curlies!!!

Last edited by Blackbeauty on 25th November 2009, 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Empty Winter Plans & What I Use on My Twists

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th November 2009, 1:31 pm

Blackbeauty wrote:
So do you guys have any hair plans or challenges to give your hair a break this winter?

I will co-wash less and do more protective styling--buns, TnCs, BnCs and bantu knot outs. I will ensure my hair is always moisturized with rich butters and/or oils.

As far as twists, I do my twists on damp or dry hair. Recently, I LOVE Darcy's Botanicals Madagascar Vanilla Styling cream. I have also used the same Afroveda product you used. I seal with any oil I have. I will sometimes spray my hair with Jane Carter's LI or water and seal on days two and on.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 25th November 2009, 1:42 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
Blackbeauty wrote:

I will co-wash less and do more protective styling--buns, TnCs, BnCs and bantu knot outs. I will ensure my hair is always moisturized with rich butters and/or oils.

As far as twists, I do my twists on damp or dry hair. Recently, I LOVE Darcy's Botanicals Madagascar Vanilla Styling cream. I have also used the same Afroveda product you used. I seal with any oil I have. I will sometimes spray my hair with Jane Carter's LI or water and seal on days two and on.

How did you like the totally twisted ginger almond butter for your twists? which 1 do u prefer that or the darcy's MVSC? Thanks for extra info I was wondering what to do with my twist after day 1 to keep them fresh and moisturized. When you say seal on days two and on, you mean add oils to the ends of ur twists right?
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th November 2009, 2:09 pm

Yes, I seal the ends of the twists with oil and spray my hair with either LI or water to moisturize.

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 26th November 2009, 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarified how I seal)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 25th November 2009, 4:00 pm

Blackbeauty wrote:Hello my lovely curly ladies!!!

Today is day 3 of the twists my hair is still moisturized and non-frizzy even after all of the manipulation it has gone through thanks to my hands and guess what???... I have pictures!!
Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 11070910Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 11070911Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 11070912Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 11070913

Tomorrow is Good Eating Day and Im so excited because my grandma sweet potatoe pie is to die for, it's breathtakingly scrumptious! I dont about you ladies but Im not counting calories tomorrow!!!

Happy Eating Curlies!!!

Twists looks cute!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 25th November 2009, 4:13 pm

I Love your TWA! It looks really good on you. I reminisce about those days when I had a TWA and I didn't have to worry about spending a lot of time detangling it and styling it! I loved it! It was such a freeing and liberating experience for me. I also gained a lot more self confidence from the experience!

Enjoy this time, growth will surely come! Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Icon_rr
Blessings
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 26th November 2009, 11:20 am

Thanks beautifuleyez for your encouraging words!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Empty Thursday Nov 26, 2009

Post by Blackbeauty 26th November 2009, 11:36 am

HAPPY THANKSGIVING CURLIES!!!

So today day 4, Im considering undoing my twists for the holiday occasion but I think ill pass! Since my twists are still in place, all Im doing to today is spritzing them down with my water/conditioner/oil mix to keep them moisturizingly (im aware this isnt a word but i dont care) boingy & happy all day while I finish the cooking this morning.

In spirit of Thanksgiving I would just like to say this yr Im very happy & thankful to have discovered this natural journey, I wouldnt trade my curls for anything in the world. Im also thankful for the denman D-31 & D-41 brush, Eco styler & aloe vera gel, Avocado oil, slippery & moisturizing conditioners and the Afroveda butters line!!!

I hope you ladies thanksgiving is more than delicious but BOO BANGING!!!

What products are you thankful for?
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 26th November 2009, 11:48 am

I love your hair! I've been wanting to cut mine off and start over even though it's all virgin; but I don't because I'm afraid I'll miss it to much!
As far as what I'm thankful for product wise KCKT and Henna!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 26th November 2009, 1:45 pm

Hey hun! I hate ive been missing your posts my twa bud!! Um so like I LOVE UR TWIST...i cant for the life of do nice twist that I can wear out! And I am definately a slow twister I find that sectioning the hair off in bigger sections and then sectioning the bigger sections off while twisting helps it go faster (i prob didnt make no kinda sense Blackbeauty Natural Hair Journey - Page 2 Icon_eek )

But I love to twist with Shea Butter...And the twist outs have become my protective style...(watch how ur hair flourishes)...Ive recently fell in love with braid outs....And ive yet to find a Denman brush....

I am thankful for Unrefined Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, & Giovanni line (we reunited)& DevaCare one condition...AND since i cant find a Denman..I like my Conair brush!

Happy Thanksgiving lady!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 26th November 2009, 10:38 pm

Blackbeauty wrote:HAPPY THANKSGIVING CURLIES!!!

So today day 4, Im considering undoing my twists for the holiday occasion but I think ill pass! Since my twists are still in place, all Im doing to today is spritzing them down with my water/conditioner/oil mix to keep them moisturizingly (im aware this isnt a word but i dont care) boingy & happy all day while I finish the cooking this morning.

In spirit of Thanksgiving I would just like to say this yr Im very happy & thankful to have discovered this natural journey, I wouldnt trade my curls for anything in the world. Im also thankful for the denman D-31 & D-41 brush, Eco styler & aloe vera gel, Avocado oil, slippery & moisturizing conditioners and the Afroveda butters line!!!

I hope you ladies thanksgiving is more than delicious but BOO BANGING!!!

What products are you thankful for?

Well, my search continues for my Holy Grail! But as for right now, I am loving my henna! For the new products that I've recently tried....I need a few more rounds with them to make a real determination. I am thankful for satin bonnets though, I love to keep my hair in one whenever I'm at home to keep my hands out of it. And I'm thankful for my new Denman brush.

Blackbeauty, where did you get for D31 and D41?

@curly-kinky-fierce, I found my Denman D3 at Sally's. With my discount card it was only $7.50! YAY!
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th November 2009, 1:28 pm

I am thankful product-wise for Jane Carter's nourish & shine and replenishing conditioner; V05 moisture milks; Karen's Body Beautiful's hair milk and hair cream; and Afroveda's curly custard, pur whipped gelly and totally twisted butter.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next