CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil-free moisturizers

+2
Naturally_Nikki
Iomer
6 posters

Go down

Oil-free moisturizers Empty Oil-free moisturizers

Post by Iomer 24th October 2009, 11:16 pm

My face is really greasy/oily when I wake up in the morning and at the end of the day. I wash my face in the morning, and before I go to sleep at night. I have been using Origins Check and Balances face wash, United State toner, and Balanced Diet moisture lotion which I love but altogether the price is $65. Each lasts a little over a year because less is more with these products.

The face wash, which I love tremendously, is great. It clears my pores, gets rid of grease and oils, and helps stop break-outs and pimples. The toner evens out my skin, but the moisturizer doesn't do it for me. I need something light and oil-free. Neutrogena and Clean and Clear make me break out so that really limits the product I can use. Any suggestions?
Iomer
Iomer

http://naturaleighc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Oil-free moisturizers Empty Re: Oil-free moisturizers

Post by Naturally_Nikki 25th October 2009, 12:14 am

PWATEM I use the same cleanser and toner as you. I love them both but haven't found moisture that I love. Lately I've been using Bobbi Brown Oil Control w SPF. ($45). I've had decent results, I can't say love it yet and I'm not sure it'll hold up over the winter. Wish I was more help, but I'm excited to see others suggestions too.

Naturally_Nikki

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiO 3rd November 2009, 2:40 am

Hi ladies, I have the same problem with oily acne prone skin and have tried numerous moisturizers that were suppose to help with oily skin. Recently I came across CO Bigelow's oil-free shine control formula face gel (normally sold in Bath & Body Works) I found it at the Bath & Body Works outlet store for $1.99 ( it normally retails for $20, but has been discontinued). I purchased one bottle went home, used it, loved, and called the outlet store and ordered 10 more bottles, and thinking of ordering more b/c I love it so. I normally have to carry oil-absorbing sheets during the day but since using this product, I've had no need. My face stays oil free all day, and I mean all day& night, and I've tried a lil of everything including proactiv, clinque,mary kay, avon, clean & clear, and etc. The moisturizer contains grapefruit seed extract and mandarin extract. I don't think you can find it in retail stores anymore but you can order from an outlet near you or any outlet that may have it and have it shipped to your home, hopes this helps.

NikkiO

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbyfifi 3rd November 2009, 2:38 pm

I also have VERY oily skin and have recently found a skin care line from Aubrey Organics, specifically for oily skin (http://www.aubrey-organics.com/category.aspx?categoryID=128)

I use the Herbal Facial Cleanser daily and promise you that my skin has NEVER looked so good. The astringent is also a good thing to have, mostly in the summer when it's humid and my skin is extra oily.

Other than that, I recently realized that because my skin is so oily, I don't really need a daily moisturizer, because I feel like my skin produces it on it's own. I would say, try going without a moisturizer for a day or two and see how your face likes it Smile
rugbyfifi
rugbyfifi

http://www.rachelandjanelle.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* 16th November 2009, 5:16 am

rugbyfifi - your hair is absolutely gorgeous! Smile
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbyfifi 17th November 2009, 7:19 pm

Naturally Nu - Thanks! Smile ... Lovin you low-side bun as well. Your style is my new fave to wear!
rugbyfifi
rugbyfifi

http://www.rachelandjanelle.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 26th January 2010, 12:55 pm

I have oily, acne-prone skin and I wash daily with the gerneric version of Neutrogena's Foaming Face Wash. I follow my cleanser with medicated pads my dermatologist prescribed called Cleanse & Treat. One pad has salycilic acid and the other is benzoyl peroxide. Once the medicine has dried I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture or Healthy Defense daily moisturizer. Both moisturizers contain an SPF 15 or 45. It's very important to protect your facial skin from the sun's rays.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down