CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

crissyQ farewell to curlstreet

+56
jeanlouisangel
kinksncurls
funkyhairchic
Sebastain13
Treece
DaButterflyBAP
missmoriah
netta
Ms.Mai
Hurricane Curly
Intelligentbeauty
queenshakirah
MomnWife
Nikcoils
curly-me-naturally
freckledmom4
PaganWifey
Ebbz
Fabulousat50
cyclingchick
AfrikanLatina
nattyblog
curlsunfurled
WhosThatRedHead
newcurlieque
EmbracingNaturalMe
jlowman1
MellowOne
coilykinks
bholmes87
TriniCherryPrincess
priceless
LadyMika
SheeTacular
Muz
Serenity23
sweetdrk1
mstokes2008
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
TMS
BlondeByDesire
Juices-n-Berries
NhappyJackie
NubieNatty
ChrsLvsBks
ktoliver5303
KinkyNappyHappy
CurlsGalore
poeticlyspkng
TheRYL1
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
DvaAuNaturel
Curly_Aquarius
CrissyQ
60 posters

Page 20 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next

Go down

crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 20 Empty Re: crissyQ farewell to curlstreet

Post by NubieNatty 5th August 2010, 2:11 am

lmaoooo knh, thats so funny cuz i always peep the products in the background of pics and when i seen that infamous pink moisturizer bottle, i started itchin!! crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 20 Icon_razz
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 20 Empty Re: crissyQ farewell to curlstreet

Post by MellowOne 5th August 2010, 9:33 am

Lol @ everybody and the Pink moisturizer. Blue magic and Pink oil moisturizer used to be must have products back before I knew about mineral oil...what was that like six or seven months ago lol. It took me a min to get rid of the blue stuff but the hubby still uses it.

Your hair and nails look great. I don't know if you use aloe vera gel but I use it on my edges and it holds them down good without making them hard. Its also supposed to be good for growth. Your hair is growing nicely.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 5th August 2010, 11:31 am

OMG this morning at work i was in the bathroom finishing my hair. Sooo as i started massaging my spritz in there i noticed some hair falling on my shirt. no big deal right? wrong they kept falling curl after curl after curl! there was alot on the floor, the more I styled the more fell. WTH is this? I was glad no one was in the bathroom because I got some tissue and I picked up some strands from the floor.

They are full strands of hair. Please help, tell me i am going through a shedding stage. What can i do to stop this?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 5th August 2010, 1:55 pm

Don't panic! You may be going through a shedding phase. If you notice more hair check the ends and see if there is a white bulb attached. If it is then its shedded hair. We all have a shedding cycle and you could be going through yours.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 5th August 2010, 1:56 pm

yeah it is the entire strand of hair. I have done some reading and i see that i should not be worried. I guess
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th August 2010, 2:10 pm

Dont panic!!! My shedding started around month 4 too. I was kinda shock too because before that my hair didnt shed any. Shedding is a normal part of the hair growth process.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 5th August 2010, 3:03 pm

krazy coils wrote:Don't panic! You may be going through a shedding phase. If you notice more hair check the ends and see if there is a white bulb attached. If it is then its shedded hair. We all have a shedding cycle and you could be going through yours.

Lynnieluve wrote:Dont panic!!! My shedding started around month 4 too. I was kinda shock too because before that my hair didnt shed any. Shedding is a normal part of the hair growth process.

THANKS GUYS! I THOUGHT I WAS DOING SOMETHING WRONG.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 6th August 2010, 12:26 pm

Hey CrissyQ...

Yeah...I went through shedding about my 4th month like Lynn indicated. I don't know if its something you can avoid, but honey I hit the deep conditioner treatments (moisture and protein) hard!! LOL

Hope you are having a great day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 6th August 2010, 4:12 pm

I hope your shedding resolves itself. Personally, I shed a LOT from time to time. It is probably certain times of the year but I've never recorded anything about those instances. I've had as much as a squeezed handful and I still have plenty hair left afterward so I try not to worry about it much.
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 8th August 2010, 2:37 pm

Happy Sunday ladies,

My shedding sorta kinda stopped. I did a DC on friday and did a twist out instead of a coil out and I liked the results better. The twist out really shows the length of my hair. What I have noticed is that the side of my hair is very fragile, so what i decided to do was do some mini bantu knots around the way across and just wear it like a head band for a week or two. It actually looks better than I expected, kinda cute. i have pictures but I will not be able to post until I get to my sisters house. I am also thinking about doing a black rinse, I dont know how it will take over this dye I have in there. I am going to ask my ex-beautician to see if she can do it for me. Thats all for now, TTYL.

O yeah my one year old is obsessed with licking shoes crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 20 Affraid
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th August 2010, 2:48 pm

ok I am happy you are more calm about the shedding. I love this forum, Curl Street to the rescue!!! LOVE IT! Now uhm why is the baby licking shoes????

love the Avi by the way!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 8th August 2010, 3:58 pm

LOL shoe licking, really? Kids are funny. My BFF has 18-month old twin boys and they've just discovered flatulence and the (apparent?!?) humor in it.
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 8th August 2010, 7:31 pm

Lol, I'm over here laughing at the licking shoes too! I can't wait to see those pics!
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th August 2010, 11:40 pm

Glad the shedding is under control. Licking shoes...too funny!!! Can't wait to see your pictures; your style sounds cute!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 9th August 2010, 5:08 pm

Just stopping by to see if the shedding has resolved. I'm glad to see that it has. Kids will put anything in their mouths. My 2 little ones had and obsession with licking hairy things-stuffed animals, babydolls, my hair-UGH!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 10th August 2010, 12:06 pm

Can't wait to see pics too! Licking shoes? That's a new one! My five year old has just started pretending to bite elbows???? I don't know what that's about either. These kids just stump me every time, lol!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 10th August 2010, 2:42 pm

My Indian co-worker bought me some henna from an Indian store. I want to use it but I am so scared? You ask scared of what? I dont know, thats the funny thing. I have heard nothing but good things about it. If anyone have any suggestions on mixtures or how a beginner should use it please let me know crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 20 Confused Baby steps
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 10th August 2010, 3:45 pm

CrissyQ wrote:My Indian co-worker bought me some henna from an Indian store. I want to use it but I am so scared? You ask scared of what? I dont know, thats the funny thing. I have heard nothing but good things about it. If anyone have any suggestions on mixtures or how a beginner should use it please let me know crissyQ farewell to curlstreet - Page 20 Confused Baby steps

I do the henna gloss with green tea and conditioner.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 10th August 2010, 3:57 pm

How long do you let it stay in?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 10th August 2010, 4:15 pm

The first time I did it I only left it in for an hour. The secind time I left it overnight.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 10th August 2010, 4:17 pm

so what makes it a gloss?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 10th August 2010, 4:24 pm

I was wondering the same thing what is a henna gloss? I have done henna and was wondering the difference?

I was dropping by to see how everything was going? I am in month 4 too and have been going through the shedding also. i thought i was me and that i wanted to freak out but i been doing deep conditioners and it has been seeming to be ok now. I am glad that you got yours under control.

Last edited by priceless on 10th August 2010, 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 10th August 2010, 4:26 pm

Hey Crissy if I'm not mistaken I think Curls Galore has a youtube vid doing her Henna Gloss. She has a link to her YT channel in her siggy.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 10th August 2010, 4:32 pm

Adding the conditioner to the henna makes it a gloss. If you only mix the henna and/or water or tea then you're doing a henna treatment.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 10th August 2010, 4:36 pm

See this is too much, LOL. Information overload. OK I am going to check out her video CG.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 41 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 41  Next