CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curly Hair in the Workforce - HR HELP

+15
chscott_77
kinksncurls
goombagirl
NaturalNixon
jamaicanmecurly
labon10
Lilith_Eve
ktoliver5303
OhSayCanUC
swoodward
BajanPrincess82
DvaAuNaturel
BlakButterfli
sweetdrk1
makeupvixen
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Curly Hair in the Workforce - HR HELP - Page 2 Empty Re: Curly Hair in the Workforce - HR HELP

Post by Free2Be 24th May 2010, 8:50 pm

I am just seeing this and I'm livid! If you lived here, I'd think you were in my last position with my last supervisor. You've received excellent advice, please use it. The fact that you are uncomfortable wearing your own NATURAL hair as it grows out of your head is testimony to the intimidation you feel from this supervisor.

What a mess. I wish you all the best. Do not get lazy with documenting these issues. Keep a copy at home AND at work in a secure location. My supervisor knew I was keeping notes about her comments to me and when I was out one day she went into my desk and took my steno pad...luckily, I made a copy and had it at home.

All the best...
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Curly Hair in the Workforce - HR HELP - Page 2 Empty Re: Curly Hair in the Workforce - HR HELP

Post by BajanPrincess82 25th May 2010, 12:09 pm

Makeupvixen, your hair is too cute. I love the touch of the flower. Girl, if that's puffy, I don't even want to know what you'd call my hair when its not wet! lol
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 25th May 2010, 1:08 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:Makeupvixen, your hair is too cute. I love the touch of the flower. Girl, if that's puffy, I don't even want to know what you'd call my hair when its not wet! lol

Co-sign. Your hair is the bizz-omb. It's well kept, professional and uber cute. Now that I've seen photographic evidence she is a certified hater [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Curly Hair in the Workforce - HR HELP - Page 2 Empty Update

Post by makeupvixen 24th July 2010, 9:54 pm

Just a little update and help needed.

I went to the HR, Personnel, Inspector General, and EOS department. They told me that although my supervisor is "disrespectful" towards me they don't consider talking about my hair, trying to get my position eleminated, and giving me a hard time everyday, discrimination.

So since June 4th I was under stress with this and she yelled at me and tried to make it appear like I wasn't doing my job, but I was. She was trying to find a way to write me up but I of course didn't do anything. So since she couldn't she wanted to take out her anger on me. The next day my doctor took me off wrk and I have been off ever since. Now I'm on prozac because of this woman and my natural hair. What can I do?

I have tried finding a lawyer but nothing is working, not like I can afford one, not working and not getting any money. Any suggestions? It's too the point where I'm in tears everyday about my hair, being black and no one liking me because I'm just some fat black girl from south central, they don't see my degrees, my achievements, my struggle just my hair and my skin. What can I do?

I'm seriously in tears right now.

I need my job. I have a toddler, single mom, with no child support and a mortgage and car note. PLEASE Help, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Janee' Smith
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 24th July 2010, 10:25 pm

Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 24th July 2010, 11:06 pm

Here are two more lresources:

1. Black Women's Lawyers Associations of Los Angeles
P.O. Box 8179
Los Angeles, CA 90008
Phone: (213) 538-0137
Fax: (213) 617-7182

2. California Association of Black Lawyers
4666 West 62nd Place
Los Angeles, CA 90043
Phone: (213) 586-6111

Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by pdarden 25th July 2010, 1:32 pm

also -- can't remember the entire thread on this topic... but you can also file a complaint with the EEOC.
pdarden
pdarden

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 25th July 2010, 2:54 pm

I am concerned for you. this person is using your hairstyle as a weapon against you or the hairstyle triggered some latent problem she had with you. Good luck. I am going to search around to see if I can also find something that will assist you.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 25th July 2010, 3:15 pm

Hello Makeupvixen!

I'm so sorry to hear of your situation.

I have a question: When you spoke with your union rep, what did they say? You have the right to have a meeting with your supervisor and your rep to discuss this issue. Being that it's a governmental entity...you do not have to take this treatment...you pay those union dues...make them work for you. I'd recommend filing a grievance...that way...they have to address the issue...even if dismissed because you are pushing it to show that you are serious about your accusations.

They want you to fold and feel like that "fat Black girl from south central"...DON'T LET 'EM DO IT
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 25th July 2010, 3:21 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hello Makeupvixen!

I have a question: When you spoke with your union rep, what did they say? You have the right to have a meeting with your supervisor and your rep to discuss this issue. Being that it's a governmental entity...you do not have to take this treatment...you pay those union dues...make them work for you. I'd recommend filing a grievance...that way...they have to address the issue...even if dismissed because you are pushing it to show that you are serious about your accusations.

They want you to fold and feel like that "fat Black girl from south central"...DON'T LET 'EM DO IT

Since this situation may end in a lawsuit, you should be careful about the details that you disclose in this forum because they could be discoverable.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 25th July 2010, 3:28 pm

Naturally Esq wrote:
TheRYL1 wrote:Hello Makeupvixen!

Since this situation may end in a lawsuit, you should be careful about the details that you disclose in this forum because they could be discoverable.
Most definitely...I sent a private message, asking that we speak...if she'd like. :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 25th July 2010, 5:47 pm

Thanks again everyone! I really appreciate the help and the advice. I will be in contact with all the information that you provided very shortly.

Oh and I work in IT, I don't think they can trace me on the computer (I don't use my work computer for leisure), just at home. Plus I really never use my real name online either, lol. People are crazy these days.

But I do want to also mention that this supervisor had 2 other Black Assistants, one was able to transfer away from her, the second she picked on and he went on worker's comp (then fired), now me. She has a serious problem.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by pdarden 25th July 2010, 8:11 pm

i work in the legal field specifically in litigation... one of my tasks involves the discovery process ... paper and electronic... i'm posting this publicly so that everyone is aware, etc...

your home computer if it contains any information relevant to a lawsuit could be deemed discoverable... it's not that difficult to gather the information .... deleting doesn't mean that it's really deleted... in addition, a request could be made to pull the information from the 'forum'...

social networking sites are frequently becoming a factor in litigation.... i recently attended a seminar regarding the collection of data from FB frequently for divorce matter AND employment matters.
pdarden
pdarden

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 25th July 2010, 9:32 pm

Thanks pdarden. I knew about FB being admissible in court now. But I didn't know they would want to take my home computer from me. Didn't think that it would go that far. But I will take that into consideration.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by pdarden 25th July 2010, 9:42 pm

most request for productions are quickly adding the following questions --- do you have any disks, jumpdrives, external harddrives with data; do you utilize your home computer for any communication that would be considered relevant to this litigation; do you utilize your personal email address for any communications that might be considered relevant for this litigation...
i will not be surprised if i receive in the very near future requests for production that asks about the use of social networking sites....
pdarden
pdarden

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 27th July 2010, 9:02 pm

good luck!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2