CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Growth Shake

+41
NaturallyInspired
Punkyskunk
pdarden
tiffanydawn
newday
naturallyme09
RookieSeabrooks
A-Felice
lumii
winona
MellowOne
All.day.I.dream.of.Curls
transitioning?
mitchellzee
KuntryKinks
NylaCoils
PaganWifey
Ms.G
lalalovestheluxelife
afrolicious
dst2sentinel
CurlyLeA
blknbutiful1
QuietButterfly
CurlyMo
Preezie
.:Eden:.
Ms. Tray
CurlyCaramelCutie
Natural Wheezes
ActionActress
curlyq145
Corygentri
CurlySpeechTherapist
natural83
CoarseDame
*CurlyNikki*
msqueenie
AfrikanLatina
loveself247
Courtie
45 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Hair Growth Shake - Page 2 Empty Re: Hair Growth Shake

Post by natural83 12th November 2009, 3:20 am

Ooh ooh, Im so down to try this shake! And plus I hear eggs are great for your hair anyway! We should all do it and keep up with our results! Im just hoping it wouldn't make me gag or feel sick! LOL! I can't hardly take raw eggs, but I guess it will be mixed in...oh well I'll get over it! LOL! Yall keep me posted on this, cuz once I get the ingredients, Im going to start taking it!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 12th November 2009, 1:34 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:Is raw egg safe to drink if your breastfeeding? Anyone know?

I'm answering my own question. It probably isn't since raw eggs can contain salmonella.

NO WAY!!!! I doubt raw egg is safe at all for anyone. Salmonella Suspect
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 12th November 2009, 2:07 pm

NO WAY!!!! I doubt raw egg is safe at all for anyone. Salmonella

I hear you. I only eat organic eggs and I make sure to inspect them to make sure they're cool. If you're really worried about it, you can rinse them in ACV to clean the shell, which is where the salmonella comes from.

I was wary of it too, however, the women in the thread at the top have been doing it since 2008 and none of them have gotten sick, plus I've been doing it every day for months with no ill effects. It comes down to personal choice, and like I said, you can use protein powder or those EggBeaters that come in the carton, so there are other choices if someone really doesn't want to ingest the raw egg.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 13th November 2009, 12:16 am

Darn it - something else to try - my hubby is going to think I am crazy. My hair is my new hobby. I may have to give this a try.
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyq145 18th November 2009, 12:14 am

@courtie...will have to try this b/c I'm dying for my hair to grow faster! I'll be the first to admit.....Hello i'm a hair/product junkie and I don't think I'll ever be clean! do you taste the egg at all? ALL i want is to see my hair past my ears and near bottom of my neck and i'd be happy! LOL seriously though what products do you use on your hair?

@msqueenie....she's beautiful and you could use her picture instead of yours..she's a curly too!
curlyq145
curlyq145

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 18th November 2009, 1:36 pm

@curlyq145 - No, you can't taste the egg at all. It just tastes like a shake with little soft grainy bits in it. You just have to blend it really well.

I use Organix, V05 and Herbal Essences conditioners, unrefined shea butter, Vatika coconut oil, olive oil and I henna every two weeks. Sometimes I use gel for twist outs.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyq145 18th November 2009, 9:56 pm

@ courtie...thanks for giving me the scoop! everyone has such great things to say about herbal essence. i'm gonna have to try that. i did twist for the first time since i've been natural last friday and i liked the results! i need something to make them hold better b/c when i sleep I SLEEP and it doesn't help that I was told I have "baby soft" hair.
curlyq145
curlyq145

Back to top Go down

Post by ActionActress 19th November 2009, 2:53 pm

curlyq145 wrote:@courtie...will have to try this b/c I'm dying for my hair to grow faster! I'll be the first to admit.....Hello i'm a hair/product junkie and I don't think I'll ever be clean! do you taste the egg at all? ALL i want is to see my hair past my ears and near bottom of my neck and i'd be happy! LOL seriously though what products do you use on your hair?

@msqueenie....she's beautiful and you could use her picture instead of yours..she's a curly too!

Once you get to your goal. You'll want more!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ActionActress

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Wheezes 19th November 2009, 6:00 pm

Okay, that LHCF thread is bananas! I haven't done a piece of work for 10 mins, LOL! I especially like all of the posts people put up saying their skin has benefitted. I think I'm going to try this, but use protein powder instead. Also, my twin's been trying to get me to try Almond milk forever so I might get the vanilla one and go with that as well. It'll be a good way for my hair to get protein since I sure don't use any (or minimal) products with it!

Hmm... too bad I can't use flax seed powder because I have plenty of that. *makes grocery list*
Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyq145 20th November 2009, 12:04 am

curlyq145 wrote:@courtie...will have to try this b/c I'm dying for my hair to grow faster! I'll be the first to admit.....Hello i'm a hair/product junkie and I don't think I'll ever be clean! do you taste the egg at all? ALL i want is to see my hair past my ears and near bottom of my neck and i'd be happy! LOL seriously though what products do you use on your hair?

Once you get to your goal. You'll want more!!

I know I will but right now that would be my goal! LOL
curlyq145
curlyq145

Back to top Go down

Hair Growth Shake - Page 2 Empty ...here's my version/recipe

Post by CurlyCaramelCutie 26th November 2009, 1:47 am

Wizarding Wheezer wrote:Okay, that LHCF thread is bananas! I haven't done a piece of work for 10 mins, LOL! I especially like all of the posts people put up saying their skin has benefitted. I think I'm going to try this, but use protein powder instead. Also, my twin's been trying to get me to try Almond milk forever so I might get the vanilla one and go with that as well. It'll be a good way for my hair to get protein since I sure don't use any (or minimal) products with it!

Hmm... too bad I can't use flax seed powder because I have plenty of that. *makes grocery list*

ok...well, i just went to fruitful yield and got my wheat germ but i also got milled flax seed. i think the key w/ the raw egg is the protein content (correct me if i'm wrong) and flax seed is supposedly REALLY good for protein. i believe some people use it instead of eggs in recipes and such. at any rate, i've been working on a shake that's palatable using all of the required ingredients. now...i'm not sure if what i've added will detract from the hair growth/weight loss/skin complexion benefits but i'm going to give it a try for a couple of months and see what gives. here's what i'm using:
2 scoops of edy's frozen yogurt in tangy mango (i think that's the name of it)
1.5 cups of milk
1 cup of orange juice
1 banana chunked
4 frozen strawberries
1 handful of frozen mangoes
2 tablespoons of milled flax seed and
2 tablespoons of wheat germ
2 squirts of honey (didn't really need it but i have a sweet tooth)

so essentially, i've eliminated the egg and replaced it (hopefully) with the flax seed, substituted a bit of frozen yogurt for my milk content (did i mention i loathe milk?), and added frozen fruit for FLAVOR. the consistency was just a bit grainy but the banana is a huge help w/ the flavor as well as the strawberries. so i'm going to see if this works or not....at the very least, i'll be getting a good source of fiber and protein! it's filling too....jeez!
right now my hair is: mid-lip length in front, shoulder length on sides (bottom), bottom of ear on sides (top), just past my shoulders (top of back?) in the back (bottom) and nape of neck in the back (top/crown) so i'm trying to get a bit of length prior to my spring break in march when i'll be vacationing out of the country....we shall see!!
CurlyCaramelCutie
CurlyCaramelCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms. Tray 30th November 2009, 3:41 am

For those of you who want to make this shake and not take the risk of
using raw eggs, try powdered eggs. I have never tried it before, but I
hear it is a good substitute. Whenever you eat raw eggs you always
have a risk of salmonella poisoning. Pregnant women should be
especially careful.

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/powderedwholeeggscan.aspx?gclid=CP-w_JiNsp4CFSWlagodX2cflA
Ms. Tray
Ms. Tray

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 5th December 2009, 11:28 pm

loveself247 wrote:@courtie...yeah...trust I will be having my shake in the morning

Just wondering about your experience with the shake.

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by Preezie 9th December 2009, 5:47 pm

Thanks Ms. Tray for the powdered egg suggestion. I was just sitting here wanting to try it, but I have a rare illness in which I must be very mindful of eating anything that I know can possible cause sickness. My system is pretty weak and I don't want to risk it seeing as I am only 4 months post my last crisis. I eat flaxseed everyday so this one seems a little more plausible.

Preezie

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 11th December 2009, 12:39 am

Courtie--me and 2 of my girlfriends have been drinking this shake since you posted Nov 11th...and we have seen some CRAAAAAAZY results already and its only been a month!!!

Thank you SO MUCH for posting.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 11th December 2009, 4:22 am

@Curlymo Glad to know that its working because I seriously said that I was going to start drinking this, once I can get all the ingredients! So what kind of results have you seen? How often do you drink this shake? Please tell all because Im anxious to know!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Wheezes 11th December 2009, 1:49 pm

@CurlyCaramelCutie- Thanks for posting your recipe! I got really busy the last couple of weeks and the shake idea flew right out of my head! I'm going to go between yours and the original one and see what I come up with!

@Ms. Tray- Thanks for the powdered eggs suggestion!
Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 13th December 2009, 3:52 pm

WOW, this sounds like something that I could definitely benefit from. The raw egg is scaring me so I think I'm gonna try the version with powdered eggs. My hair has never grown as slow as its moving right now [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and I want my hair to be BIG, HUGE and FIERCE!!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 13th December 2009, 5:17 pm

@Natural83~
We use it every morning for breakfast Im looking at, at least an inch maybe even a little more ("seriously it is craaaazy!)and it was not a full month...

I was excited iso i found the book the shake came from and she actually says to use raw certified milk and preferably fertile eggs (heath food store) eeeewww nasty!!!

I USE~ Rice dream (milk), organic natural eggs, 1tbs weat germ oil, 2tbs of weat germ, 1 egg, half scoop of my chocolate protine shake powder for tast i'll even drop a little peanut butter whatever works for you for tast....Usut get that egg and WG Oil in cuz thats where its at!!!

I dont know about that powdered egg ladies because in the book its clear about the strength of this shake being in the yolk and WG oil ....Good Luck please let me know how it goes..Im all over it because im transitioning and currently at month 5 and wanting to BC like yesterday so GROW, GROW, GROW is what i say!!!....LOL
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 13th December 2009, 5:23 pm

Quietbutterfly~
From what i hear the salmonella is on the shell not in the egg...As crazy as this may seem i use antibacterial soap ans clean my egg before i crack it LMAO....dont know if it makes any differance but it works for my psyci...
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by blknbutiful1 13th December 2009, 5:49 pm

@Courtie how often do you drink this shake? Does anyone know of any tasty methods for hair growth?
blknbutiful1
blknbutiful1

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 13th December 2009, 11:30 pm

@Curlymo, LOL.....antibacterial soap, ok, sounds good to me. I'll try that
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 13th December 2009, 11:42 pm

@QuietButterfly~I know right!!! but hey its been a month and its all good 1.5 inchs of new growth and no salmonilla LOL...My friends that are doing the shake with me could not stop laughing when i told them and they are now doing the same egg cleansing..Let me know how it works for you...we are all loving this...
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 13th December 2009, 11:53 pm

@Curlymo....how fast was your hair growth before you started the shake??
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyLeA 14th December 2009, 9:59 pm

Ok, so i use bleach to clean my egg... I thought this should get the salmonella off!

I've been getting nothing but compliments about my hair lately... not sure if it's the shake since i've been doing just about everything i can to get my hair growing at 1 month of transition so far... so CurlyMo! I KNOW what you mean!!! GROW GROW GROW!!!!
CurlyLeA
CurlyLeA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next