CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scared of Big Chop

4 posters

Go down

Scared of Big Chop Empty Scared of Big Chop

Post by Lovely_Curls 9th May 2010, 2:24 am

Hello all,

It has been four months since my last relaxer. I have always loved my natural curls but never knew what to do with them so i opted for a perm. No I am going completely natural, however, I am terribly afriad to do the BIG CHOP. I think short hair would make me look completely ugly. So do I have to do the BIG CHOP?

Lovely_Curls

Back to top Go down

Scared of Big Chop Empty You don't have to Big Chop now

Post by summabrown 9th May 2010, 7:31 pm

You don't necessarily have to big chop now. But eventually you will unless you cut relaxed hair off every now and again. I myself did no transition i went and got a caesar cut near bald and i thought i looked dang good. It actually helped build up my confidence level i did not hide under a wig or hat i flaunted it everywhere and i felt good. I don't a lot about transitioning but if u have that many months of new growth you have way more length than me and i can't see u but im pretty sure you would look dang good with it , it begins with you. But let me add that the decision is ultimately yours. Good Luck! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
summabrown
summabrown

Back to top Go down

Scared of Big Chop Empty Re: Scared of Big Chop

Post by CarmelCurls83 9th May 2010, 10:41 pm

I'm the same way love. but i agree with summabrown u dont have to big cut now. im goin to wait a year and by that time ill have enough hair on my head that it wont matter or even be noticable. Nikki always says if u aint feeling ur hair u aint feeling urself. just remember why u decided to go natural in the first place and go with it Im sure u will love BEAUTIFUL!! Con Dios todo es posible!!
CarmelCurls83
CarmelCurls83

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely_Curls 10th May 2010, 1:37 am

Thanks for the boost and advice. I have already been transitioning for 4 months now. I'm trying to make it one year as well.

Lovely_Curls

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmelCurls83 10th May 2010, 1:22 pm

no prob anytime!!
CarmelCurls83
CarmelCurls83

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyCLD 13th June 2010, 3:43 pm

I just did my big chop the other day and I thought I was going to cry but it was the most freeing thing I had ever done in my life! My advice to you would be to wait until you are absolutely fed up with your permed ends and cut them off. I transitioned for 13 months, so you just have to do what feels good to you!
NaturallyCLD
NaturallyCLD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down