CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In need of a natural big sis

2 posters

Go down

In need of a natural big sis Empty In need of a natural big sis

Post by CurlyChefRobin 8th May 2010, 8:00 pm

Ok, here's me. I'm a busy single mom and minister who has a job and owns my own business. After a great deal of breakage I've decided to go natural but I want to transition instead of BC. I have about 6 inches of length (I know it's not really long) but I don't want to chop it. I believe I'm a 4 something but I've had a relaxer for so long that I can't remember. I was natural over 10 years ago but it was not by choice and at that point we kept it in a short afro which seemed to be the only way to wear it.

I have been using the "Ultra Black Hair" hair system and it really helps with teaching me how to care for my hair as I was only getting it washed when I went to the hairdresser every two weeks. My hair is now growing more than ever.

Along with using the system I have decided to transition and I am so excited! I've tried a couple twist outs using Curly Nikki's videos. I need help and support as my hairdresser is great but it looks like she doesn't specialize in natural hair. Any info on styles, products and just keeping myself motivated would be great. I'll post a pic of my hair later this evening! Thanks in advance to my new natural big sis!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

In need of a natural big sis Empty Re: In need of a natural big sis

Post by CurlyChefRobin 21st May 2010, 12:18 am

Just wanted to bump this to the top. Still looking for help.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by curlytee 2nd June 2010, 9:44 am

Hi CurlyChefRobin, not sure what the responsibilities of Natural Hair Big Sister is but I'm here for you.

I've been natural for the pass 4 years mostly wore a very close to the scalp cut. Decided to let my hair grow October 09. Now hair is approx. between 6-8 inches long. I'm a modified CG (Curly Girl), work hard on not buying a lot of products (not trying to be a slave to the internet and shipping prices). Yes, do slip sometimes. I'm working hard on keeping it simple. I internet search often. Feel free to ask questions.

I don't know what the Ultra Black Hair Care system is.
curlytee
curlytee

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 3rd June 2010, 10:31 pm

Hi Curlytee! Thanks so much! Your hair is so cute. I need the help and support. I've been learning a lot from the boards though, which is great. Ultra Black Hair is a "system" developed by a lady named Cathy Howse. She writes from the premise that most of us don't take care of our hair and she gives directives to make our hair healthy, such as washing every three days, deep conditioning and not using brushes. When she originally wrote her book she had a relaxer but now she is natural. It's been very helpful to me and it's what started me on my "natural" quest. She sells a conditioner and two moisturizers. I like the creme moisturizer and the deep conditioner a lot.

Right now I wash once a week and deep condition and co-wash every three days with HEHH. I use the Ultra Black Hair creme moisturizer and I seal with olive oil. My hair seems to love it! My staple style has been the TnC. I tried a bantu knot-out this week and it came out ok. It just took FOREVER to dry.

I'm thinking about the BC. My hair is broken in the back but it's beginning to grow so I may hold on a little longer.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down