CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fuzzy TWA

+3
LaToya28
poeticlyspkng
tresmom08
7 posters

Go down

fuzzy TWA Empty fuzzy TWA

Post by tresmom08 3rd May 2010, 4:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ok ladies, I need some help. My Twa doesn't have well defined curls. I have been trying different techniques and nothing gives me the results I'm looking for. I love me Twa and the way I look just want more curls. Hubby thinks that I need to do another BC because the ends are fuzzy so that the curls can really pop....

Any advice or tips will be helpful.
tresmom08
tresmom08

Back to top Go down

fuzzy TWA Empty Re: fuzzy TWA

Post by poeticlyspkng 3rd May 2010, 4:39 pm

Do you still have relaxer on the ends? Also, what products are you using?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by tresmom08 3rd May 2010, 5:09 pm

I don't think so...I thought the stylist cut them off when I BC'd. I am using HE Hello Hydration conditioner for my co-wash, Ecostyler gel, EV OO, Care free curl moisturizer.
tresmom08
tresmom08

Back to top Go down

Post by tresmom08 3rd May 2010, 5:10 pm

BTW poeticlyspkng your hair is beautiful.
tresmom08
tresmom08

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 3rd May 2010, 6:58 pm

I am having the same issue and it's been 2 months since I BC'd. I was only 7 weeks post when I bc'd so maybe I didn't cut it short enough??? I was thinking about cutting some more off because under all the frizz I can feel defined curls...I don't know what to do.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by chica rosa 3rd May 2010, 9:54 pm

I am wondering like the others if you still have relaxer. My ends were dry and coarse after my first BC last month and weren't curling, but I felt the curls beneath. I trimmed the ends a little and it has helped. I think too it depends on when last you relaxed your hair, it takes some time for your 'true' curls to be revealed.
My last relaxer was December 2009, and I still have a few areas that are just straight.
Presently Kinky curly knot today and kinky curly custard really work for me. I alternate with ecostyler as the former are really pricey.
Good luck on your journey.
P.S You should definitely check out the TWA challenge, might be helpful [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
chica rosa
chica rosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 4th May 2010, 12:16 am

im glad i looked at this topic, because im going through the same thing lol
Cherry: extraordinary!
Cherry: extraordinary!

Back to top Go down

Post by tresmom08 4th May 2010, 10:46 am

thanks ladies......I can def feel the curls underneath so maybe a trim would be ideal. But I'm afraid they may take off too much. My last relaxer was June 2009.
tresmom08
tresmom08

Back to top Go down

Post by tresmom08 4th May 2010, 11:34 am

I was just reading about scab hair.....do you ladies think it's possible that this is what I have.
tresmom08
tresmom08

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 4th May 2010, 3:05 pm

Have you considered trimming it yourself? I think that's what I might do to avoid having too much taken off. I don't necessarily believe in the scab hair theory, but a lot of people do. I've read up on it and it seems that the only remedies are letting it grow out and then cutting it off or just cutting it off now.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by chica rosa 4th May 2010, 10:55 pm

Well I don't know if 'scab hair' is a real concept, but I certainly agree that it takes a few months for your true texture to be revealed. I have a few areas that still appear relaxed, even though its been over 4 months and less than an inch in length. So certainly, scab or not, it really isn't the same until it has grown somewhat. I am just trying to be patient until the process occurs.
chica rosa
chica rosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 4th May 2010, 11:57 pm

Dont cut ure hair ladies!...it takes time for the curls to come in...my 3 month anniversary is coming up in 5 days and I still have parts of my hair that dont have curl definition but the curls are hiding underneath.....we all still have virgin hair that is continiing to grow and nourish after we have cut our permed ends off....you may not see your true hair texture until 6, 9 or even 12 months down the line....please be patient....
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by Chef Lucy 5th May 2010, 12:48 pm

Poundcake921 wrote:Dont cut ure hair ladies!...it takes time for the curls to come in...my 3 month anniversary is coming up in 5 days and I still have parts of my hair that dont have curl definition but the curls are hiding underneath.....we all still have virgin hair that is continiing to grow and nourish after we have cut our permed ends off....you may not see your true hair texture until 6, 9 or even 12 months down the line....please be patient....

Great advice! I'm going through this issue as well and I was wondering when my true texture will reveal itself. It's really curly in some areas and some areas (the shortest ones) have no definition at all [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
But now that I think about it, it's only been a couple months since my BC...patience is truly a virtue! *sigh* [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Chef Lucy
Chef Lucy

Back to top Go down

Post by tresmom08 6th May 2010, 12:34 pm

ok so I was fed up and went to the barber for a trim...and guess what ladies...........I LOVE IT.....he made it even and shaped me up...he did an awesome job....
tresmom08
tresmom08

Back to top Go down

Post by chica rosa 6th May 2010, 3:18 pm

Great, am really glad you like it. Are you going to post pics for us to see? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
chica rosa
chica rosa

Back to top Go down

Post by tresmom08 6th May 2010, 3:27 pm

yes as soon as I can figure out how [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tresmom08
tresmom08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down