CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-)

+36
funkyhairchic
MsJay1121
BlondeByDesire
CurlyChefRobin
.:Eden:.
thetiffany
Muz
daygreen341
LadyMika
cyclingchick
freckledmom4
coilykinks
QuietButterfly
curly-me-naturally
poeticlyspkng
ChrsLvsBks
swoodward
AfrikanLatina
CrissyQ
TheRYL1
priceless
jlowman1
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
bholmes87
exhale1913
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
NubieNatty
Intelligentbeauty
CurlsGalore
sweetdrk1
crvng4mr
Lynnieluve
tiashaunteƩ
mrsmackey
40 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-)

Post by mrsmackey 5th May 2010, 12:52 am

krazy coils wrote:You did a really good job on your hair and your girls! And I know what you mean about checking out the forums at work. Its addictive!

thanks krazycoils!!!! i can't WAIT until i'm able to rock a twist out!!!!!! i'll be setting Dallas on fire at that point!!!! LOL
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 2 Empty Re: 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-)

Post by mrsmackey 16th May 2010, 5:03 pm

hello ladies! this entry will be kinda short because I'm doing a prepoo on my youngest daughter's head..she says she wants a big fro to wear to school on her birthday, which is wednesday (she'll be 8!! WHOOOOOOO!)

anyway, i'm having the HARDEST time trying NOT to relax again. I can't find ways to wear my hair after the curly puff:(

I'm not that creative and I need ideas..i love the way my hair is growing but sheesh...i need some variety! any ideas ladies??!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 16th May 2010, 5:05 pm

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 2 Affraid YES!! IT'S THAT SERIOUS!!!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th May 2010, 6:05 pm

Noooooooooooo Mrs. Mackey!!!!

I came by to say hi and welcome to CSJ. Please don't go back to the dark side!!!

Go to Intelligentbeauty's thread. She transitioned for almost a year. She has loads of cute styles!!!

I know it's hard, but you will love the end results!!! If you are getting frustrated...do your BC. You will love your hair I promise!!!

CSJ...ladies get over here...Diva in Distress!!! Diva in Distress!!! affraid affraid
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 16th May 2010, 6:17 pm

Coming through to say hello and welcome to Curl Street!

DON'T DO IT! Stalk Fotkis and look at Youtube videos. That will most certainly get you out of your slump. I did alot of rollersets, braidouts and bantu knotouts during my transition and that go me through. Don't get discouraged!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 16th May 2010, 6:45 pm

don't do it don't do it don't do it. Try the natural thing for your girls at least. They have made the commitment and as young as they are they can help you. There are alot of ladies on here that have been creative so jus look through some threads. Think of all the the damage that it has caused with breakage when you think about those perms. Think healthy free hair
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th May 2010, 6:49 pm

Dont do it!!!! As soon as your scalp starts burning, you will regret it!! Like Jlowman, I did a lot of rollersets and rod sets during my transition. If push comes to shove, put some braids in to get your through this little phase.

DONT DO IT!!! CRACK IS WHACK!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 16th May 2010, 7:09 pm

Co-Signing with the other ladies, please don't do it! Check out youtube for transitioning styles and like Lynnie suggested put some braids in your hair to give yourself a break. There are also rollersets and rodsets to help you through this phase.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th May 2010, 7:59 pm

5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 2 Icon_eek Perm is so not an option, check out BlondebyDesire she transitioned too. I am not going to type what the others said but I truly co-sign!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 16th May 2010, 9:49 pm

I know exactly how you feel, MsMackey! Been there! BUT....step away from the CFC! Please don't do it! You may want to get your hair twisted into baby twists for a few weeks. Put it in a protective style so you don't have watch your hair transition and keep your hands out of your hair. Check out IntelligentBeauty. She was another long term transitioner. It's going to be ok!!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 16th May 2010, 10:34 pm

Nooooooo, Mrs. Mackey! LOL

I, too, had that nagging urge a few months age, but I came and looked at all the ladies here, as well as some on YouTube...and it helped me stay the course! :-)

Try a flexi-rod set...that'll make you feel better! ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th May 2010, 7:19 am

Hey there lady,

Check out my Fotki---www.fotki.com/intelligentbeauty----I have loads of transitioning styles I did without salon help or heat, that should keep you occupied until you are ready to BC. I did it for 1 yr. So what makes me so special. NOTHING!!!! Laughing
If I can do it, you can too. Also check out Bholmes fotki, she also has a load of styles she did.
You have made the decision to embrace your curls. We are behind you all the way!!!! NO MORE EXCUSES!!! JUST DO IT!!!! CREAMY CRACK IS NOT AN OPTION!!!
It gets so much better. Believe me. So much better once your natural cheers.

(((HUGS)))
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 17th May 2010, 3:36 pm

Hey lady!! I don't have any transitioning tips. I only did three months with a press and curl. But I can say hold on. You can get through this.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 17th May 2010, 3:40 pm

Mrs M.....

Just stopping by to check on you!!! Where are youuuuuuuuuuu??? I hope today finds you still with us on this natural journey? I hope so!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th May 2010, 3:43 pm

Checking in on you!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 17th May 2010, 3:53 pm

MM, I co sign on everything they said. This is my second time around and when i permed my hair, I felt like such a looser! i knew It as not being true to myself. I have a TWA, and i am so tired of wash and go's but i know i do not want a perm. This is just one of the phases that i have to go thru to get to where i want to be.

You can do it!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 17th May 2010, 5:12 pm

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY LADIES!!! i'm still here holding up the BANNER FOR NATURAL-NESS!!! <>

I just needed to regroup and get my focus on...thank you so much for the suggestions..i'll be on Youtube this week in my spare time and I hope to find my ::uber inspiration...

today my hair is in a BKO (bantu knot out) and that's pretty much it..

I'm all smiles today! 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 2 Icon_smile
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 17th May 2010, 5:22 pm

yeaaaa
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 17th May 2010, 6:31 pm

I'm going to post pics of my length of hair..well wait, the pics I posted at the beginning of my journal are pretty accurate...my overall length is what I'm struggling with because even though I've gotten TONS of advice on the curly puff, I think I need more...IB, i'm going to stalk, i mean (look) 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 2 Fresse in your fotki and see if I can duplicate your styles..maybe even tweak them a bit. I wuld just throw braids in my hair but my job+ weave= NO BUENO!!!!
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 17th May 2010, 6:34 pm

Glad your still holding on MM! I just came in to see what was going on and I saw you had a moment. I'm glad it has passed. Smile I agree with the other ladies...stalk, stalk, stalk fotkis and other hair forums if need be but many of us have gone through the same thing. Our hair gets to a certain length and its like, "what do I do now?" It will pass though...take care lady.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 17th May 2010, 7:47 pm

Hi mrsmackey, i transitioned for 9 months and my sister for 4. Style wise I struggled but I flourished with learning about conditioning and shampooing. When I BC'd my natural hair was in great shape. But I had a hard time with everyday styling and my sister didn't even bother after a few months.

I never once wanted to relax my hair again but do understand how you feel about styles. I think IB and BlondbyDesire show styles that were both creative AND caring for their hair during the transition phase.

Kimmaytube and MahoganyCurls have wonderful vids on you tube. In fact there are too many to count.

Having been through the process I did learn a few basic rules.
1. Investigate the contents of your products and the structure of your hair. This includes relaxers. Find out what is in them and what they do to your hair and health. You may find that once you know what a relaxer is and what it does, the urges you may have will pass.
2. Limit your use of heat - protect the hair that is growing.
3. Learn about protective styles. If you can afford it , get a supportive natural hair stylist. A protective style that lasts for days or up to two weeks at a time will give your hair a rest. Especially if you plan on transitioning for a long time.
4. Become a moisture junkie.
5. Read - the blogs, the boards and books. (hey, the 3 B's!) I was so happy when I discovered these -especially the boards, which are full of wonderful, beautiful women who have gone through what you are going through.

Your avatar looks lovely btw!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 17th May 2010, 7:47 pm

yikes! sorry for the length of my post!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th May 2010, 8:45 pm

I'm glad to hear you are still holding on...
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 17th May 2010, 9:39 pm

i understand how u felt at one point of gettin bored with the same styles. when i was in my twa phase i couldnt wait for some growth. now im wishin i would taken advantage of doin much of nothing 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes . however, since finding my cn fam i've not once thought about that crack, matter of fact...i bc'd wit my amber rose before good hair hit the theatres n it just confirmed that i was makin the right choice. i was so saddened by how those little girls thought beauty was long flowy n straight hair. the mere thought of mothers puttin such strong "no lye" n "mild" perms in a 3 yr olds hair is just wrong and sad.

the first time i attempted to go natural (2003) i had not a clue as to what i was doin. i dyed my hair black n threw in black gel everyday wondering why it was so dry and how i couldnt get that wet curly look even with straight ends! i was so lost with NOBODY to turn to and this is waaaay before blogs hit the scene. i went back to what i knew best. THIS time, i made sure i did extensive research through various sites n blogs before finally committing to it and havent thought of lookin back since.

its only natural to want to revert to what u know cuz its an easy crutch but i KNOW had it not been for the overwhelming support and encouragement from these laydeez around here i'd have a perm myself...no lye 5 MONTHS POST BC AND I WANNA KICK MISS JESSIE'S BUTT! ;-) - Page 2 Icon_wink . even when i get negative n rude comments on my decision i brush it off cuz i know i can come to this secret society of a world n vent and laugh at em. stay strong, the results are sooooo worth it. just think, there's no progress without struggle (malcolm x)
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 17th May 2010, 9:42 pm

Awesome!!! I'm so glad you're sticking it through!! Keep your head up!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next