CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shea Moisture Organic coconut & hibiscus curl and hold smoothie

+10
BlakButterfli
KinkyNappyHappy
jcanalena79
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
Juices-n-Berries
ChrsLvsBks
CocaColaCutie
AfrikanLatina
poeticlyspkng
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shea Moisture Organic coconut & hibiscus curl and hold smoothie Empty Shea Moisture Organic coconut & hibiscus curl and hold smoothie

Post by poeticlyspkng 29th April 2010, 12:49 pm

[img][/img]Alright so I went to Target in search of a few staples and lo and behold they had re-stocked the CURLS/SHEAMOISTURE/JC/MISS J's shelf. And this time they added a few products. I've been looking for a moisturizer you can buy at a STORE and one I can return if I hate it. Finding stuff at Target makes that a reality for me.

You all probably heard about the epic fight with my inner pj a few weeks back when Target first began to host these lines. When I think back on it, I laugh at me with my broken wrist, carrying tons of stuff in my arms as if it wasn't and finally settling on one. The sad fact is, I was really scared to put any of it down for fear someone would take it from me. It was all very... well...
Lord of the Rings... and I-- a Product Smeagol. LOL

Well, last night I purchased the Shea Moisture Organic coconut & hibiscus curl and hold smoothie with coconut oil, silk protein and neem oil. It is in fact water based. Yay! I opened the jar at Target and man it smelled so good I almost smacked a cashier. My momma wasn't around. Smile

I washed and conditioned my hair last night and slathered it on. Thelma sighed. Afterward, I twisted her up nicely using my Curls gel and took them down this morning. Still a little wet this morning but all in all, they look nice and moisturized. My hair smells great and it's super soft. So far I'm in deep like, but I hope to love this product.

Shea Moisture Organic coconut & hibiscus curl and hold smoothie Upclos10

Shea Moisture Organic coconut & hibiscus curl and hold smoothie April210
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture Organic coconut & hibiscus curl and hold smoothie Empty Re: Shea Moisture Organic coconut & hibiscus curl and hold smoothie

Post by AfrikanLatina 29th April 2010, 12:53 pm

Hey PS...How much was the Shea Moisture Smoothie?
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture Organic coconut & hibiscus curl and hold smoothie Empty Re: Shea Moisture Organic coconut & hibiscus curl and hold smoothie

Post by CocaColaCutie 29th April 2010, 12:54 pm

maaaaaaaaaan, i've been trying to talk myself out of wanting that...and you had to go on and say you were in deep like with it. ugh.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 29th April 2010, 1:03 pm

9.99 a.l. and I'm truly a smeagol right now! If I see my hubs in it there's going to be trouble!

Sorry.cc! Had to confess!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th April 2010, 1:04 pm

If you would like to curb your PJism, curb not stop, LOL. I AM A PJ and Shea Moisture Organic coconut & hibiscus curl and hold smoothie Herz it! Check your ingredients. You can compile a list of the first five ingredients of the products that do your hair well. It does help me before purchasing a new product. If none of the first five ingredients are my hair do good ingredients, I skip the product. Believe me, it is not always easy but I do skip the product. I have finally realized this thanks to dajewel, the curly chemist.

What is the name of the Curls gel you used? PJ coming out, LOL.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 29th April 2010, 1:09 pm

Hey Chrs- THANKS for sharing! That's a great idea and way to think of it. I will use that going forward! I'm going to a product swap this weekend so I'll get rid of some stuff.

In Curls, I use the goddess glaze/gel and the creme brule moisturizer depending on how I'm styling. I combine them sometimes.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 29th April 2010, 5:40 pm

Hey. I was thinking of getting this. But I noticed it has silk protein. I don't think I'm protein sensitive. But I am a bit cautious of using products with protein as leave in products. Do you have any thoughts on this?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 29th April 2010, 8:58 pm

Hey JnB. Well, I don't think I'm protein sensitive at all and honestly I've only read about that. I also use Trader Nourish and Shine which has protein in it and my hair seems to love it. So, I guess the answer is- I don't know and I'll pay attention and let you know how I fare.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th April 2010, 10:20 pm

Poeticlyspkng - you are a bad influence. I dont know if it's because your name is Lynne or what but you have me thinking about trying this product...why? No good reason.....Down PJism, Down!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 29th April 2010, 10:38 pm

I haven't used enough protein products to really know. Lol. But I guess for 9.99 you can't beat it.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th April 2010, 10:48 pm

LOL! my target doesn't carry it, so I am not tempted!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 29th April 2010, 11:04 pm

Lynnie! You made me laugh out loud!!! Sorry! I only want to be a good influence!

Juices- plus if you don't like it- you can take it back to Target! That's the lovely thing

Sweet- yeah, you're lucky. I think?? Wink
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 29th April 2010, 11:25 pm

I didn't see it at my Target either. I was gonna order it online. Lol. That's always an option Sweet. Lol
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 30th April 2010, 5:02 am

Wow ... your hair looks gorgeous with it!!! Just goes to show ... "different strokes ..." I used it once and it was a no-go for me - it's in my sale/swap bucket now. I had high hopes too, b/c, as you said, it smells FABULOUS!!!
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th April 2010, 7:27 am

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I didn't see it at my Target either. I was gonna order it online. Lol. That's always an option Sweet. Lol

JnB

It's at the Target on South Main I know for sure. I'm not sure about other Targets here in Houston. Also, call the Sugarland location as well.

HTH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 30th April 2010, 7:38 am

I love Shea Moisture products - well, the one I've used. lol It's the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque - something like that. lol

I'm going to have to trek to another Target, but plan on buying the shampoo and conditioner and the styling products this weekend. They have lines for thick/curly hair and fine hair and I fall in the latter category.

I DC'd with the conditioner last night and my hair felt SO moisturized and smooth. I used Giovanni Smooth as Silk in the shower and I am in love with that stuff too.

Poetically, your hair looks beautiful in your photos - the curls look so moisturized.
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 30th April 2010, 5:09 pm

I want to try that masque BlakButterfli! I'm trying to hold the PJ back but man! I'm stopping by Target today. Chances are they won't have anything because that stuff flies off the shelves! I mean it really flies!

And thank you very much for the hair compliment. Thelma and I have been getting on famously!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by new2curl 30th April 2010, 5:43 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:I want to try that masque BlakButterfli! I'm trying to hold the PJ back but man! I'm stopping by Target today. Chances are they won't have anything because that stuff flies off the shelves! I mean it really flies!

And thank you very much for the hair compliment. Thelma and I have been getting on famously!

OK I am Hooked poeticlyspkng, I have a Target that is about 5 minuets from my job and I will stop by there before I go home today. I this I may have to smuggle this product in the house because I am suppose to go to Whole Foods tomorrow for a Product Field ( That What I call my trips to Whole Foods). LOL.
new2curl
new2curl

http://web.me.com/new2curl/Site

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 30th April 2010, 8:31 pm

If you get it, let me know what you think. I like it bunches.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 30th April 2010, 9:00 pm

hey ps, them girls were BOOMING (my 90's talk, lol) now stop it, stop it, stop it!!! i just cant...depending on qhemets "sale" i may put them on hold to try shea moisture. i seen the smoothie and was confused, is it a DC or a styler? cuz i'd be too tempted to use it as a DC but i seen they had a masque already as a DC Shea Moisture Organic coconut & hibiscus curl and hold smoothie Confused . i looooove the scent though!

that was a good tip chrs gave, i never thought of that before!! hmmmm...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by new2curl 30th April 2010, 10:38 pm

poeticlyspkng

I love the smell of the smoothie and I am using it right now to do a straw set that I will air dry I will post my pics in the morning. Thanks for the product info. bounce
new2curl
new2curl

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 30th April 2010, 11:21 pm

new2curl- be sure to post pics!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by new2curl 1st May 2010, 8:42 am

Good Morning Ladies

So I went to Target yesterday to pick up the Shea Moisture Smoothie. I wanted to try out the smoothie after I co-washed my hair with coconut milk & Giovanni Smooth as silk cond. Well as they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Shea Moisture Organic coconut & hibiscus curl and hold smoothie P1000413

Using the Shea Moisture Smoothie Helps me to cut back on using so much other products in my hair to get that smooth and shiny curl.

Thank, Thank, Thank
new2curl
new2curl

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 1st May 2010, 9:35 am

NubieNatty wrote: i seen the smoothie and was confused, is it a DC or a styler? cuz i'd be too tempted to use it as a DC but i seen they had a masque already as a DC Shea Moisture Organic coconut & hibiscus curl and hold smoothie Confused . i looooove the scent though!

It's definitely a styler.
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 1st May 2010, 12:34 pm

Yes, a styler! And new2curl- that came out SO PRETTY!!! Shea Moisture Organic coconut & hibiscus curl and hold smoothie Icon_cheers
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next