CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna and grey hair

+2
DreamMerchant
London's Curling
6 posters

Go down

Henna and grey hair Empty Henna and grey hair

Post by London's Curling 20th April 2010, 4:35 pm

Hey there ladies just a quick question - for those of you who Henna your hair and have grey strands, do you notice any colour loss following your first shampoo post Henna?

I applied Henna about two weeks ago now - am very happy with the results and the copper colour I've been left with. Have been wearing a twisted updo for about 1.5 weeks solid (personal record Very Happy ) - but I am beginning to have slight panic that on washing at weekend, will lose some of my copper colouring. Has this happened to you or am I worrying about nothing?

Thanks in advance for your responses. flower
London's Curling
London's Curling

Back to top Go down

Henna and grey hair Empty Re: Henna and grey hair

Post by DreamMerchant 21st April 2010, 12:41 am

I do not have any experience with that but what about doing a henna gloss everytime you wash? I think all you do is put some henna in some conditioner and cowash with it. Don't hold me to that though! But I think a henna gloss (how ever you do it) would keep that from happening.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 21st April 2010, 1:43 am

I faithfully wash my hair every week, and have not experienced any fading whatsoever on the coppery gray areas that I missed when I applied the indigo. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 21st April 2010, 10:56 pm

hi i use yemen henna it gives the most dye release.I have been using it since last may.My coppery strands have not faded at all,they just get deeper(the copper color).I dont do anything thing at all to preserve the color.
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 22nd April 2010, 8:35 am

London's Curling,

Was this your first application of henna? If so, then you might notice a little fading. However, with successive applications (henna coats the hair strand) then this should become less of a problem. You may also notice the colour getting deeper and richer as well.

I have a fair bit of grey and haven't noticed any fading. Just the grey new growth that hard to keep up with!
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by London's Curling 22nd April 2010, 12:07 pm

Hey R2D2, it was my first application - which btw went really well due to your advice re. coconut milk. Will be washing tomorrow - fingers crossed that fading is not so bad. Have some mix in freezer from last time, so might use next week dependent on how hair looks after shampoo.

Thanks ladies, you were all helpful as always! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
London's Curling
London's Curling

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 22nd April 2010, 11:17 pm

I have to use a shampoo for psoriasis at least once a week and co wash twice a week and I have NO fading. Henna oxidizes over time and will actually get darker. I have heard it takes months for it to start to fade but I have only been using henna for about 3 or four months so i don't know about that. The nice thing about henna is you can apply it again to strengthen the color. If your hair is dry I wouldn't do it too often but a few weeks after the first go should be fine.

right now i am applying henna about every three to four weeks, or as soon as I see that sparkly white at the roots!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down