CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY

+22
CurlsGalore
jlowman1
krazy coils
FemmeFox
ChrsLvsBks
SheeTacular
Pinkrage
CrissyQ
jcanalena79
Intelligentbeauty
ktoliver5303
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
LaToya28
NhappyJackie
KinkyNappyHappy
Juices-n-Berries
bholmes87
Nikcoils
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
KnottyKinkyMommy
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 Empty Re: KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY

Post by sweetdrk1 17th April 2010, 9:59 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 36_1_55 on your first twists!!! Lookin good!!!
what she said!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 Empty Re: KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY

Post by jcanalena79 17th April 2010, 9:34 pm

Congrats on your first set of twists!!!! Gotta luv these milestones KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 617583
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 17th April 2010, 10:14 pm

Thanks everyone for congratulating me on my twists! I'm super excited! dance

Today, I just spritzed my hair and kept it moving. And I haven't played in my hair at all. My "Hand in Fro Disease" did not get the best of me today! woot!
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 19th April 2010, 10:19 am

Very nice.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 19th April 2010, 10:27 am

thank you!
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 19th April 2010, 11:07 am

Your twists look really good. I could never grip my hair that good at that length. You go girl!!!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 19th April 2010, 2:45 pm

I usually style her hair about once a week in multiple pony tails with three to four twist in each one. I usually do it close to bed time so she will dose off while watching a movie. She is in twist now and this is my first time doing it that way to give her hair a break from the pony tails, so it took me a couple of days by doing it in sections.

The only way i can get her hair done sleep...lol I did the back part the next day while she was woke.

KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 Noeytw10

good job on your twist!

Last edited by npmoore04 on 19th April 2010, 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 19th April 2010, 2:55 pm

Love the twists! You're definitely read and set to go on the challenge cheers
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 19th April 2010, 8:05 pm

@ NHJ -- Thanks! I didn't think I'd be able to twist it at this length either but I surprised myself.

@ NpMoore04 -- Thank you! And your daughter's twists look great! I can't wait until my daughter's hair is that length.

@bholmes87 -- Thanks! And yup, I'm ready to go.

Hair Update:

@ Everyone: I'm having a problem with my daughter's hair. Her hair is super short in the back and the edges. But it's long in the top. Any suggestions for how to get her sides to grow/thrive?

Also, this area used to be bald but it is slowly growing back. And, I also don't put tight braids, headbands or ponytails in her hair. Any product/routine suggestions?

Here is a pic of the problem:
KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 Img_2310

I'm also going to post about this in the children's hair section.
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 19th April 2010, 9:08 pm

KnottyKinkyMommy wrote:
@ NpMoore04 -- Thank you! And your daughter's twists look great! I can't wait until my daughter's hair is that length.

Hair Update:

@ Everyone: I'm having a problem with my daughter's hair. Her hair is super short in the back and the edges. But it's long in the top. Any suggestions for how to get her sides to grow/thrive?

Also, this area used to be bald but it is slowly growing back. And, I also don't put tight braids, headbands or ponytails in her hair. Any product/routine suggestions?

Here is a pic of the problem:
KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 Img_2310

I'm also going to post about this in the children's hair section.

My daughter hair didn't start growing til she was 2 yrs old. I could wait for her to grow some hair because people kept calling her a he even if she was decked out in pink (plus she looks like her dad) I didn't do headbands or barrets for the longest, just washed comb down lil hairs she had. I say give it time and just keep it healthy? The length will come. Low manipulation is key. Does she lay on her back? I say keep it moisturized and keep her scalp clean.

this is my daughter at 4 months
KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 Im000010

her at 2yrs
KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 Img02110
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th April 2010, 9:20 pm

It will grow. Like NPMoore said, it usually fills in around 2 yrs old.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 24th April 2010, 3:20 pm

@ everyone: Thanks for the comments in regards to my daughter's hair. I guess I will just have to wait it out and let it "do what it do". Very Happy

Hair Update:

I deep conditioned my hair for the first time in over 3 years today ...I know, I know..I'm a bad girl.

I lightly shampooed with Kids Organics Shea and Olive Shampoo. The I mixed some Queen Helene Cholesterol and Coconut Oil together and put it on my hair. I used a plastic cap and a little heat from the dryer to warm t up (less than 2 minutes). I rinsed it out after 45 minutes and lightly towel dried my hair. Finally I drenched my hair in Olive Butter and sealed with coconut oil. My hair has now air dried and it still feels great!

Long story short, I am going to start doing this weekly.

As for Ashanti's hair, I washed it with her Aveeno Creamy Body Wash and then drenched it in Olive Butter while it was still wet. I put it into two pony puffs and brushed the short sides. It looks really good and healthy. I think her hair is really digging the Olive Butter so I will stick with this for her hair.
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 24th April 2010, 3:24 pm

hey, my daughter's hair is the same way, I use lano lustre on her hair and it looks like it is growing. i know it can drive u crazy
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkrage 28th April 2010, 6:03 pm

Hey,

I thought I was the only one with a bald head little girl, LOL. I have a pic of her in my BNB thread from our trip last week to Vegas. Her hair is growing but very slow.

My hair was the same way. I am hoping that by two it fills in like everyone else claim it does. She pulls the barretts, ribbon, ponytial holders out of her hair so I am done fooling with those things.
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 28th April 2010, 10:13 pm

Everyone is telling you the correct thing. When Shelbey was little EVERY outfit had a matching hat! LOL! I would worry and complain to my grandmother and she would say just wait!!! and oh boy did it grow..I would say around 2ish!! Just keep up the TLC and you will forget all about this time!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 1st May 2010, 11:42 am

@ Everyone: Thanks for the advice everyone. Yeah, she is only 13 and half months old so I guess I will have to wait until she gets a bit older for it to fill in. Patience Patience Patience

Update:
I joined the TWA Grow Out Challenge which started today. HEre is my hair as of today (It is approximately 2 inches long now):
KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 Front_12 KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 Length12

Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave In Conditioner, Pink Short Looks SassAFrazz Spray, Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter, Olive Butter, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Cholesterol

My mini goal for this particular TWA challenge is to be able to do finger coils. My ultimate goal for this particular TWA challenge is to do a braided puff. (These are pictures of my hair from my first chop in 2006) KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 Left_s10

These are my hair goals for the end of this year (Dec 31, 2010). Keep in mind that the challenge ends November 1, 2010, if I can reach this goal by then, I will be super happy!!! (Again, these are pictures of my hair from my first chop in 2006)
KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 Napper10
KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 Look_a10

I'm excited about the challenge and I'm excited to see where my hair will be six months from now woot! dance

Besides the Challenge:
I finally got a leave in conditioner: Jane Carter Solution Leave in Conditioner. It is a light spray with a very strong fresh scent. So far I like it. I spritz my hair with it before applying my butter. My hair has grown a little bit and is still super super thick. Its now 2-2 1/4 inches all around. Shrinkage is still a killer. I will probably post more pictures on May 11th when I'm 3 months post chop.

Ashanti: The Leave in works really well on my daughter's hair. I rinsed her hair and spritzed it with the leave in before applying Olive Butter. The Leave In made her coils POP like I've never seen them before. This is definitely a keeper for her. Also, her edges are slowly filling in. There were some place towards her nape where I couldn't make a pony puff, and now I can actually grab it into one. Anyhow, the next time I style her hair, I will take pictures.

Cowashing: I have not been cowashing like I have in the past for my first Big Chop in 2006. My hair is usually matted in the mornings when I wake up and it tangles so easily. I can not explain to you how thick my hair is...or maybe I can...Check this out: KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 Thick_10

This stuff is SERIOUS!! If I don't spritz it daily, it just tangles and matts up. I was trying to avoid combing my hair daily, but sometimes I don't think I have a choice. Maybe I will start cowashing my hair daily again. This way I can just comb it out in the shower. scratch
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 11th May 2010, 11:45 am

Update time!!!

Okay ladies, I am now 3 months post chop!!!

Here are pics of my freshly deep conditioned and moisturized hair which is super thick and about 2 1/4 inches long now!

KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 IMG_2503
KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 IMG_2500
KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 IMG_2521
KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 IMG_2525

As you can see, shrinkage is killer!

Ashanti:

Her hair is slowly growing and I am getting better at styling it. I can actually grip the back of her hair now and make super tiny baby puffs. They don't stay in for long but at least I can grip it!! I'll post pics of her hair the next time I style it.
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th May 2010, 12:16 pm

Congrats on the milestone!! Shrinkage is a regular in the natural world!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th May 2010, 9:35 pm

Grow hair grow!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 12th May 2010, 1:30 pm

Howdy Neighbor!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th May 2010, 11:39 pm

Hi there! Just letting you know I stopped by. I love Jane Carter's products. My faves are the replenishing conditioner and nourish and shine.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

KNOTTYKINKYMOMMY---MAJOR UPDATE--PIC HEAVY - Page 2 Empty Castor Oil Discovery

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 14th May 2010, 12:31 pm

@ Everyone Thanks for stopping by.

Mini Update:

CASTOR OIL!!!

Why have I slept on this for soooo long?? This stuff is the truth! It is making me and Ashanti's hair sooo friggin' soft. I co wash my hair, apply Jane Carter's leave in, apply Olive butter and then seal with the Castor oil. I do the same for Ashanti's hair and it feels so nice. Castor Oil is a main component of Qhemet's Amla & Olive Heavy Cream (which my hair loved), so its no wonder my hair adores olive butter and Castor oil.

In my Kai-Lan voice, "Castor Oil makes my heart feel super happy!"

Personal Challenge:
I am doing a personal challenge to comb my hair as little as possible and to co wash it as much as possible. I want to go without combing until June 11th (I'll be 4 months post chop). I also want to co wash at least 3 times a week. Wish me luck!
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 14th May 2010, 1:14 pm

Hi KKN!

I saw your avi and your Prince in another thread and I had to stop by! It looks like you and I have similar hair. Seffy HATES being combed but is so think and twirly that I have given in to combing her at least once a month: always in the shower loaded with a thick conditioner (right now I'm using Aussie Moist). I have no baby girl advice (no kids) but I'm sure that as she gets older her hair will come in as thick as yours.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Savannsh & Seffy

ps<--- who's your Prince? I am loving the make-up (freelance make-up artist over here!!).
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 14th May 2010, 1:31 pm

Hi KKM,

I am a fan of the jane carter leave-in and castor oil also. I love castor oil and always use it to seal.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th May 2010, 1:39 pm

Im loving Jane Carter Leave In as of lately as well and castor oil is awesome! I use it to oil my scalp sometimes and it always leaves it looking healthy and moisturized!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next