CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleansing Body of Toxins

+4
Mz. Thang
TMS
NewlyNina
ChrsLvsBks
8 posters

Go down

Do you cleanse your body of toxins? If so, how often?

Cleansing Body of Toxins I_vote_lcap0%Cleansing Body of Toxins I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Cleansing Body of Toxins I_vote_lcap36%Cleansing Body of Toxins I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
Cleansing Body of Toxins I_vote_lcap9%Cleansing Body of Toxins I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
Cleansing Body of Toxins I_vote_lcap55%Cleansing Body of Toxins I_vote_rcap 55% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 11

Cleansing Body of Toxins Empty Cleansing Body of Toxins

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th April 2010, 5:01 pm

Hi ladies,

I never thought about cleansing but was in a local health food store last week after the CN meet up. The sales lady suggested a cleanse when I told her I was having a difficult time getting rid of my acne. I purchased the one she selected. It is called The Cleaner for Women. It is a seven day plan and is gentle enough to use every day. I can truly say I notice a change in my abdominal region.

My questions to you are.

How often do you cleanse?
What do you use to cleanse?
What do you avoid when cleansing, before cleansing and/or after cleansing?
What do you do when cleansing, before cleansing and/or after cleansing?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Cleansing Body of Toxins Empty Re: Cleansing Body of Toxins

Post by NewlyNina 9th April 2010, 5:42 pm

This has been on my mind alot lately...but I didn't know where to turn. Do you mind sharing any info you have obtain with me?
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 9th April 2010, 7:12 pm

How often do you cleanse? It depends on my diet throughout the year. Typically, I cleanse twice a year.

What do you use to cleanse? The Lemonade Diet

What do you avoid when cleansing, before cleansing and/or after cleansing? I'm a pretty good eater which means that I try to keep away from fatty foods, I don't eat pork or beef and limit the amount of turkey and chicken. I try to have more fish in my diet. So, I avoid all sweets (gave up candy 12/31/09), french fries (my weakness and will never eva give up) or anything else that will clog up my system with bad ingredients. Try to eat as healthy as possible.

What do you do when cleansing, before cleansing and/or after cleansing? When cleansing, I definitely exercise to help sweat out the toxins and drink lots of water.

After cleansing, I continue to exercise, drink plenty of water and increase my vegetable and fruit intake and eat lots of salads (with tuna, salmon or chicken). I eat healthy foods (I baked all of my meats and have steamed vegetables) and get plenty of rest. NO FRIED FOODS!

P.S. I love the Trader Joe's Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 11th April 2010, 1:50 am

I'm also curious about this and any info will help [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleX 11th April 2010, 11:06 pm

How often do you cleanse? I just did two back to back detox/cleanses. I want to cleanse two or three times a year.
What do you use to cleanse? I did Dherbs.com Full Body Detox followed by Dherbs.com Parasite and Worm Cleanse.

What do you avoid when cleansing, before cleansing and/or after cleansing? On both you must eat 100% raw food, no meat, no dairy, no processed foods (including sodas) for twenty days. (I did a total of forty days.)
What do you do when cleansing, before cleansing and/or after cleansing? The detox/cleanse came with herb capsules that you take during the day. I ate raw foods, drank herbal teas, smoothies (green and fruit) and water, avoided negativity, etc. Prior to starting, I upped my raw food eating to about 85-90%.

*Of course, you can do a raw food detox and get results. Simply, eat raw food for about ten days. Drink green tea, water, smoothies (green and fruit).
ElleX
ElleX

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th April 2010, 12:21 pm

@ElleX, I have a question about the raw food cleanse. What do you use to mix your smoothies? I may try this cleanse in July. I want to cleanse once every three months.

What do you all think about eating raw foods twice a week to ensure regular cleansing throughout the year?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiral Moon 12th April 2010, 10:22 pm

How often do you cleanse? I cleanse twice a year. I have been doing this for the last six years. I am currently doing a 25-day green smoothie cleanse (along with weekly mustard baths)
What do you use to cleanse? Here are some of the cleanses that I have done: First Cleanse by ReNew Life, The Master Cleanse, Cleavers/Red Clover Tea Cleanse, Heavy Metal Cleanse, Candida Cleanse, etc.
What do you avoid when cleansing, before cleansing and/or after cleansing? It depends on the cleanse. I'm a pescatarian and my diet is pretty healthy.
What do you do when cleansing, before cleansing and/or after cleansing? I slowly reintroduce foods that aren't a part of my cleanse back into my diet. I also take detox baths and exercise more often.
Spiral Moon
Spiral Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 17th August 2010, 2:41 am

How often do you cleanse?
Although I tried the ZAND Quick Cleanse Kit several years ago, I didn't understand the true purpose and process, and didn't make it a regular practice. Earlier this year I embarked on a fairly intensive program for about 10 weeks after doing a fair bit of research to find the right system for me, and had great results. My skin has improved, my sleeping is more fitful, and my digestion is more regular than it has been for years. I plan to do this same thorough cleanse once more this year, and then a modified version twice a year going forward.

What do you use to cleanse?
For the intestinal cleanse I used psyllium husk and bentonite clay (P&B). During this time, I also drank teas with detoxing herbs, and took a capsule with herbs for liver detoxing.
Toward the end of the period taking P&B shakes I started taking tincture herbs for a parasite cleanse (Clarkia in US, TriPlex in Australia). For this, I followed a tailored program from Healing with Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford
Although I believe candida overgrowth is one of my problems due to antibiotic usage, I am hopeful that tightening up my diet (little or no sugars, etc.) and these periodic intensive cleanses will help to balance it out.

What do you avoid when cleansing, before cleansing and/or after cleansing?
For the first four weeks I altered my diet to include only alkaline foods as much as possible. This meant no meat, dairy products, etc. which was easy for me since I'm mostly vegetarian already. I also drank more water than normal. Certain detox programs, such as the Arise & Shine, want you to measure your pH and only start the cleanse when it is within a certain range, but I didn't want to be as strict with myself on the first go. I continued these practices during the cleanse.

I also stopped using toxic products in every part of my life (make-up, all body care products, cleaners, detergents, etc.), including phasing out bad products from my partner's regimen (he is still grumpy about his expensive colognes). We also have various practices in place to counteract the new, off-gassing carpet in our apartment.

During the cleanse I also avoided (or tried) allowing myself to get stressed or to sit with negative feelings. Because I have the tendency to feel stressed and know well the physical impacts, I knew this was an important step because it didn't add toxins to my body when I was trying to get rid of them. My body could then concentrate on eliminating the toxins already there.

What do you do when cleansing, before cleansing and/or after cleansing?
During the cleanse I also did gentle inverted yoga poses (especially ones with feet raised above my head) and skin brushing to promote lymph flow. My partner gave me back scratches and massages, too. I kept a journal of what I ate, how many P&B shakes I took, my bathroom activity ( Wink ), and any physical or emotional changes.

I look forward to doing this again in a month or so.

Last edited by Gado-Gado Gal on 17th August 2010, 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Gado-Gado Gal
Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rissarai 17th August 2010, 2:53 am

I just came across this and it is ironic because i just posted about this today on my blog. This summer my hubby and I did a raw food cleanse. It was so interesting. I don't know about weight loss, but we definitely felt so much better. We are going to do it seasonally. I think it is a good way to stay on track.

~Riss
www.elementtree.blogspot.comElement Tree: Natural Living Rooted in Simplicity.

Rissarai

http://www.elementtree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 17th August 2010, 3:26 am

Rissarai, That's great you and your partner did it together and had such a great experience! My partner is going to do the cleanse with me the next time around; he wanted to see how I fared with the methods I chose. In the meantime, I've been incorporating raw food meals into our regular routine without calling them that. It is so much fun, and such a great way to experience the beautiful foods we are privileged to have the choice to eat.

ChrsLvsBks, I think that eating raw foods twice a week, or incorporating other periodic healthy practices, can definitely aid in detoxing throughout the year. For example, you could simply not eat meat for a week or two, and that would have a gradual detoxing effect. I think that it is beneficial to do anything that alters your normal intake of things that hamper your body's natural ability to heal itself. This can include not using body and haircare products with synthetic ingredients for a while (because your immune system is also working against any toxins absorbed through your skin and lungs). Or not eating any processed or pre-prepared foods for a week (including canned foods, crackers and breads, sauces, stocks, mixed juices, or things not prepared from scratch by you, etc.). You can think of it as giving your body a break in order to rest and rehabilitate before it jumps back into the toxin-fighting game. And the more of these "breaks" you do at once and for long-term, the more recuperation your immune system can do. A great book that looks at detoxing your entire life (not just your foods) is The Beginner's Guide to Natural Living by Larry Cook. Don't feel like you need to do everything in it, but it does give you an excellent view of the areas where you could stand to improve.
Gado-Gado Gal
Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down