CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out

+27
jlowman1
nattyblog
LadyMika
Nikcoils
priceless
CurlsGalore
Juices-n-Berries
poeticlyspkng
Muz
CurlyChefRobin
DvaAuNaturel
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
KinkyNappyHappy
ChrsLvsBks
SheeTacular
ktoliver5303
krazy coils
TheRYL1
BlondeByDesire
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
mstokes2008
bholmes87
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
swoodward
31 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 3 Empty Re: Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th May 2010, 7:34 am

Hi there,
I love the jacket. Let me try it on. (HANDS OUT.................... Laughing )

But seriously, this journey requires patience and consistancy. You need to keep a journey. Write down every product and every thing you do to your hair and record the results, whether good or bad. You will not be doing this forever because you will eventually get the hang of what works and doesn't work. And you will REMAIN CONSISTANT with your regimen and products. I know it may be difficult or annoying at first but it will help you tremendously. TRUST ME, I KNOW!!! Very Happy
OH and btw, stop beating yourself up. Your hair looks great. It really does. Smile

((HUGS))
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 3 Empty Re: Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out

Post by swoodward 17th May 2010, 6:39 pm

Thanks KNH, but that one was a devolved twist out. My twist outs look like w&gs. My hair is usually soaked when I twist. Day 2 and a shower and it just looks like a plain w&g. Day 3 is a frizzy w&g.

My hair is definitely type 4. At first I thought not rinsing out the condish would leave my hair gummy but my hair ate that along with everything else I put on it. So far in the last week, I have left in the Deva One moisturizing conditioner, and the White Rain. I think I prefer the Deva one. The minute I put that in, I could feel the curls clump.

Are you thinking of trying it?
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 17th May 2010, 6:49 pm

Hey Ryl1, not bad! Too tired to post yesterday...
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 17th May 2010, 6:50 pm

Hi IB, thanks! I am going to set a two week care and style plan and post it. I will follow it with pics. I am going to try this consistency thing!

I am hard on myself. I need to back up a little. Love the twists. The style is really pretty!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 17th May 2010, 10:35 pm

swoodward wrote:Thanks KNH, but that one was a devolved twist out. My twist outs look like w&gs. My hair is usually soaked when I twist. Day 2 and a shower and it just looks like a plain w&g. Day 3 is a frizzy w&g.

My hair is definitely type 4. At first I thought not rinsing out the condish would leave my hair gummy but my hair ate that along with everything else I put on it. So far in the last week, I have left in the Deva One moisturizing conditioner, and the White Rain. I think I prefer the Deva one. The minute I put that in, I could feel the curls clump.

I have that same problem with my twists looking like W&G's I dunno if my hair is too thin or what?
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th May 2010, 5:07 am

Thanks Sw, yes write it out. That is fabulous. I was just telling Nubie toward the end of my transition into my natural days, I actually had a calender to post all my upcoming treatments and styles I wanted to do. I don't use the calender anymore because I have the hang of it now. But I never go to do my hair without knowing exactly what I am going to use and do. I am just not that good yet..... Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 19th May 2010, 12:07 am

I had to work late tonite so I didn't get started, but I have started and have a small collection of hairstyles I want to do iver the next month or so. Will try tomorrow.

Work is driving me bananas. Crazy hours and working on sick days. Yikes!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 20th May 2010, 12:08 am

Hey Swoodward!
How goes it today?

Yes, work is a beast...but I like to 1) live indoors and 2) eat food...so that makes me go back repeatedly! LOL
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 20th May 2010, 12:16 am

It goes!!! Check out today's pics - no mugging!!!

Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 3 Dscf1125

Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 3 Dscf1126

CurlsGalore inspired me to be bold with eyeshadow. What do you think?

Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 3 Dscf1127

I think I am going to be more bold with makeup.

dag, everyone's posts are so interesting, I can't decide who to read next...
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 20th May 2010, 12:31 pm

Hey lady!! Keep up the good work!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 20th May 2010, 9:49 pm

Thanks Spectacular!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 20th May 2010, 9:55 pm

So today is my two month anniversary. I celebrated by refusing to wash my hair. (Sunday was my last wash.) So yesterday was the third day of a twist out. Loved it.

Today my hair was more afro than twist out. Some hot guy in a red convertible yelled out at me - or at the tall, relaxed business woman to my right.

I personally believe he was noticing me with the fro and the J. Ho would be jealous butt of mine.

afro
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 20th May 2010, 10:21 pm

Happy 2 month anniversary! Your hair is looking good, keep up the good work!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 21st May 2010, 12:45 am

Thanks krazy coils!

In my quest to not have another DAA day, I am going to start on my 2 week hair care & style plan starting next Sunday.

I am really trying to plan this out, along with my new diet. I want to wear mostly twist outs, with headbands on a few days and I really want to try to flat twist one side. I want to try one new hairstyle once every two weeks. While I was transitioning, I changed styles a lot and even wore my hair straightened a couple of times. I am not ready for that though. My hair is still too upset.

Oh well, I ended up washing my hair tonight and tried a new repair conditioner from a new line - Ren. I am going to head over to the product topic to see if anyone else has tried it.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 21st May 2010, 1:58 am

hey swoodward!!! i think u have a gorgeous mane on your head (i really do or else i wouldn't comment!!!) AND i think you should swipe MORE eyeshadow on that EYE!!! lol...you remind me of my mom (please don't take this as me calling you old because my mom wouldn't let me hear the END of it!!) at her wedding a month ago..she kept saying, "NO NO, NOT THAT MUCH SHADOW!!"..i told her, LADY...YOUR FACE WILL BE BEAT TODAY!!!!!! and that was it...i need to find a pic for you...!!! keep up the good work and i'll be back thru hear in a lil' while, ya hear!!

**driving off to my house 3 doors down!!**
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 21st May 2010, 11:38 pm

A pic would be great mrsmackey! I need new ideas!!!

Don't worry, I really AM old!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st May 2010, 11:53 pm

I love the new avatar....is that a smile? LOL!! Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 3 Icon_lol

I'm a day late but Congratulations on 2 months natural!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 22nd May 2010, 12:19 am

Thanks!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd May 2010, 1:35 pm

swood, i so love coming over to see ur pics cuz they have me literally crackin the heck up EVERYTIME Swoodward, working on retaining my growth - still working it out - Page 3 Icon_lol , i gotta remind myself to go back and look at the hair cuz ur facial expressions are priceless, hahahahaha i love it. ur tresses are lookin good too and i like the MJ tribute in the front, lol.

totally agree w/IB; keepin a journal has helped me tremendously and keeps track of results on what to use and not for next time. before the product challenge it took me like almost 20 min to pick out what i'd use for wash day cuz i gotta stay organized..EEEK!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 23rd May 2010, 11:29 am

You ladies should see my passport pics. I have one where I look like I am on drugs and one where I look like I got caught DEALING drugs! For me, 1 out of every 18.5 pics is a good one!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 23rd May 2010, 11:36 am

Ok from today I am keeping a daily log of care and styling.

Starting from yesterday:

Sat 5/23 - My hair is still in twists from Friday night. I cracked open the Yes to Cucumbers to check out the smell and texture of the conditioner. OMGoodness, it's so thick and it smells so good! I am on the hunt for an altenate to Deva One mositurizer because I recently found that I want to leave it in my hair.

Well I thought I would get a little but a whole palm full came out in my hand when I squeezed the bottle. 10 points. I rubbed my hands together and pulled it over each twist. My hair felt amazing. I looked in the mirror and my twists look shiny. 10 points. I am leaving them in until Monday morning and will wash Tuesday. Today's score 20 of 20.

I think my hair is growing. I can see the gray roots. Time to think about henna.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th May 2010, 1:40 pm

Yeah for bold eye colors! I am getting there too. Please join us in the Makeup thread under Skin Care.

Loving the hair as always!

Journaling will definitely help you weed out what to do when and what works best for your hair. Hope you the very best.

Man, another YTCucumbers lady. If I see it in Ross, Marshalls, etc. I will get it otherwise, no will do.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th May 2010, 2:07 pm

swoodward wrote:Thanks KNH, but that one was a devolved twist out. My twist outs look like w&gs. My hair is usually soaked when I twist. Day 2 and a shower and it just looks like a plain w&g. Day 3 is a frizzy w&g.

I've heard a lot about Deva One...I plan to try it one day, but for now I'm going to stick to Bed Head Moisture Maniac..Have you heard of that one? (smile PJ coming out in me) LOL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th May 2010, 2:11 pm

swoodward wrote:A pic would be great mrsmackey! I need new ideas!!!

Don't worry, I really AM old!!!

Hey swoodward...we are not old! Just highly seasoned!!! Don't you love it!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th May 2010, 2:13 pm

Sorry I've been MIA but wanted to stop by and say hi!! I see I missed a lot, but the CN ladies were in full force!! Hang in there and embrace the beauty of your curls. I like what you said about the shoe and the foot....or something like that. I have CRS so don't retain information well!!! ROTFLMBO...

Hope you are having a great day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next